Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineninjahedge
hedge made ofninjas

Loc: here nor there
Parallel Universes
    #1502658 - 04/28/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i was reading an interesting cover story on parallel universes in my may 'scientific american' and thought it would be a good topic for discussion:

Ok it goes something like this - modern cosmological observation seems to predict fairly probably that there exist universes parallel to our own that can contain worlds identical to ours, with people identical to you, doing exactly what you are doing right now, and have done every thing you have done exactly the same way in the same sequence.  Sound like bunk?

if space is infinitely large and uniformly filled with matter, there should exist infinite universes containing worlds that played out randomly as ours has.  so with infinite numbers of these universes there must be somewhere one such place where everything has played out the same as it has here on earth, with every possible thing down to subatomic particles happening exactly the same, but instead in that universe, your parallel self may stop reading this thread right now and go watch tv. and now these two universes are not identical and have branched, but still there are other universes identical to these to permutations of our universe.

there is other stuff in the article equally mind boggling - but chew on that for now, or check it out for yourself.  i'm interested to see other people's takes on this stuff.  jeez i can't wait to think about this on shrooms!  :grin:

--------------------
ow, i poked my brain,
now it's leaking all over...
i guess it's ok

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Parallel Universes [Re: ninjahedge]
    #1502661 - 04/28/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah ive heard that before, its cool

but if the universe is infinite, then wouldnt every universe be infinitly different....no repititipon?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlineninjahedge
hedge made ofninjas

Re: Parallel Universes [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1502718 - 04/28/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think the distinction is that SPACE is infinite, and not the universe. this way infinite universes could exist in this infinite space. current data for the most part supports the idea that space is infinite but still this is hardly a certainty.
since there are infinite universes, there must be some that have ocurred exactly like ours have up until this very moment, but they still could be different in the next moment.

--------------------
ow, i poked my brain,
i guess it's ok

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1502733 - 04/28/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

funny you should mention this. When i reached full enlightenment the first time I "travelled" into an parallel world. I freaked out and went to go buy a cigar. people were honking and yelling at me and my bank account ceased to exsist for 10 minutes. The people were so more mean than they usually are in the store, i feared for my life. i rode quickly back to my house, and ran into my garage fearing that my thoughts about a drive by shouting on me would come true.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1502817 - 04/28/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if space is infinitely large and uniformly filled with matter, there should exist infinite universes containing worlds that played out randomly as ours has. so with infinite numbers of these universes there must be somewhere one such place where everything has played out the same as it has here on earth
----------------------

This place is infinately large while parallel universes exist...

The term Parallel Universe means the following to me: Two, or more, seperate entity universes ( but don't have to be unique from each other as long as they occupy a different time allocation ), each being independent from the other; yet they coexist.

The only thing I don't like is that word: random. I believe that randomness is labelled to something where no connection is found to its occurence. And since I believe that everything is somehow connected, I cannot believe in randomness.

We are all examples of parallel universes. What happens in my mind is independent from yours, and yours from someone else's. When I speak of my mind, I speak of my own universe. Everyone has one. And we are all here together. We are all parallel universes.

... And that phenomenon where sometimes you say the same thing as someone else at the exact same time... that's not random... It's an example of overlap.

Having parallel universes is great. Overlap is nice too.

Do you suppose it would be possible then, to be here AND somewhere else provided that the time interval was sightly different? ( What I mean is, the age would be different... even if it were a second or less... as long as it was not exact... because then it would be infringing on your personal space. )

As in... an "Army of Me" , for example.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Anonymous

Re: Parallel Universes [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1502834 - 04/28/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

We are all examples of parallel universes. What happens in my mind is independent from yours, and yours from someone else's. When I speak of my mind, I speak of my own universe. Everyone has one. And we are all here together. We are all parallel universes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Physics tells us some pretty incredible stuff.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1502891 - 04/28/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's a basic understanding of infinity and eternity.

Everything that is, has been and will be in the future. Anything imagined exists somewhere in the megaverse.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Anonymous

Re: Parallel Universes [Re: Murex]
    #1502895 - 04/28/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yep! Just as you can cut reality in half forever, you can also always double it.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Parallel Universes [Re: ]
    #1502909 - 04/28/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Both yourself and Murex are hitting the nail right on the head !!!!  With a MEGA HAMMER!

WHAM WHAM WHAM !!!!!!

:grin: 

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (04/28/03 11:54 PM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502915 - 04/28/03 11:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Great minds really do think alike!  :smile:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1502982 - 04/29/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"funny you should mention this. When i reached full enlightenment the first time I "travelled" into an parallel world."

wow, the first time you reached full enlightenment? what was the second and third time like?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlineninjahedge
hedge made ofninjas

#1502991 - 04/29/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i agree on the mind being our own universe, but what of those outside of our consciousness. when i say random i don't think i mean it in the purest sense of the word, i mean that there are universes that have played out exactly as ours has to this very moment but could take a different path and infinite more paths upon that in any moment following, each of which would have parallel universes of its own.

--------------------
ow, i poked my brain,
i guess it's ok

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1503165 - 04/29/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

da, be of one mind, and then smash it a rebuild it stronger, until it appears in your reality?

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Parallel Universes [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1503348 - 04/29/03 03:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think its called a multiverse not a megaverse but thats not the point i just read an article on the string theory which tries to explain this in mathematical level.  heres the link.  read and be confused :smile: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/parallelunitrans.shtml peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1503381 - 04/29/03 03:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

More like parallel dimensions.

We are multi-dimensional.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (04/29/03 03:39 AM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Parallel Universes [Re: Shroomism]
    #1503387 - 04/29/03 03:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

its actually like multiple universes residing in different dimensions of space :smile:

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Parallel Universes [Re: blaze2]
    #1503389 - 04/29/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There you go  :laugh: 

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1504480 - 04/29/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

this kind of ties into free will... there is a theory that every decision that can be made HAS been made - and an alternate universe braches off from that decision that wasn't made. So obviously, there would be an infinite number of universes covering ALL possible outcomes.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Parallel Universes [Re: Shroomism]
    #1504542 - 04/29/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We are multi-dimensional [>>> Pesonal note to self... Recall @ Swiss @ Take-out ... Speaking with Mr. Phillip Danso<<<]

-----------------

You definately picked up on some waves that I had sent out about half a decade ago..........

Those are the exact words I used to describe it to someone else.

It is possible, that you just helped me: by indicating an example of the overlap phenomenon. Thank-you.

The more I read these posts, the more I begin to believe that all you're minds are in fact... cracked open... even if you may feel like you may be lost; because you haveb't studied this theory stuff...

If you learn how to feel... then you do not have to see... your intuition will guide you... And you know it is your intuition when you get one of those "gut feelings".

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (05/07/03 06:21 PM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1504619 - 04/29/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Here's the kicker...

When you are in your own universe.... your own mind.... you make stuff up... its yours, your rules, you're the boss.

Outside of our personal consciousness, we are interacting with our environment. Our environment is housed in a larger scale universe.

I have mentionned earlier, that WE are all examples of parallel universes. WE all follow the same rules because WE are all HERE.... within the same one.

Although I'm certain that it gets more complicated, I'm keeping the scale "relatively close to home"... just talking of this universe.

So if parallel universes are real then, and WE are all examples of parallel universes, and WE are conscious... Then following the rules, This universe we find ourselves in, has Parallels too... If so... then, perhaps there exists an element of consciousness as well.

It becomes probable, that we are within a consciousness that creates... for the same is true on a smaller scale... YOU are testimonial to that.

Then... the idea of randomness no longer exists... The things that happen in my mind, for illustration, are not of that nature; they happen because I want them to.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (04/30/03 01:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom