Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: ]
    #1443978 - 04/09/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just imagine, next time you are looking at the stars, I might be standing around somewhere smoking a joint.  At the same time.  Truly Mind-boggling!  :shocked: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: pattern]
    #1443988 - 04/09/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just imagine, next time you are looking at the stars, I might be standing around somewhere smoking a joint. At the same time. Truly Mind-boggling!"

No matter WHAT you are doing at any given time, you can be sure someone in the universe is doing exactly the same thing :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: pattern]
    #1443989 - 04/09/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You gotta love reality.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1444001 - 04/09/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Kinda makes you wonder how people have time for wars/politics/power struggles.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: Revelation]
    #1444010 - 04/09/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Kinda makes you wonder how people have time for wars/politics/power struggles."

i couldn't agree more my friend :frown: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1444252 - 04/09/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Kinda makes you wonder how people have time for wars/politics/power struggles."

lol these are the people who say "Kinda makes you wonder how people find the time to sit around and just THINK and LEARN."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: silversoul7]
    #1445395 - 04/10/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There's this general thinking about the "Big Bang" theory, which I tend to embrase because I am a degreed scientist and I have read numerous publications on the subject and have actually be educated on. So anyhow, the universe is endlessly expanding outwards and what-not... blah, blah, blah. But what is never actually discussed is, is there actually a point where there's no stars, planents, moons, etc.? Do you get to a point where is just simply empty? Maybe if you just keep on going in a straight line you'll end up right where you began and the universe isn't endless after all. When you think of that mirror experiment, there has to be two mirrors to carry it out... one in front of you and one behind. Although it appears to be infinity maybe if you keep on going you'll come right back around to the back of your head.

This is kind of off the subject, but, does anyone believe in worm-holes in space? There has been some theoretical evidence (oxymoron) that worm-holes exist in sub atomic particles. Right now as we speak, physicists are working hard trying to find them and gain knowledge on how they work. But even if they do find worm-holes in sub atomic particles does is mean they exsits in space? It makes me think of silversoul7 original post... maybe our universe is a sub atomic particle apon itself.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: djd586]
    #1445658 - 04/10/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i know what you mean about the point when there is no stars theory. i saw something similar on the science channels friday in space theme block thing(by the way GREAT channel). are all the stars we see just like the leather on a b-ball? is the center just empty? or is space curved if you go in one direction forever you return exactly where you started? we as humans probrobly will never know for sure but it sure is fun to ponder.

on the wormholes issue i tend to believe in them theoreticly(sp?). i like to think of it like a "tesseract" from a wrinkle in time. im sure everyones read the book remember the picture in the book with the ant and the string. when you hold the string between your hands streached out it seems like a long way to the ant. but when you bring you hands together and fold the string the ant just steps across. anyways thats my take. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1445748 - 04/10/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

People poeple poeple.

You keep forgeting that we mortal souls can not percieve space time matter rationally.

If you try to explore universes while on ketamine or OBE you will find that it has no beggining and no end, no size no shape and no mass, no wife, no horse, and no moustache.  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by cleaner (04/10/03 04:43 AM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: cleaner]
    #1446226 - 04/10/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

cleaner, we alreadly established that we cannot possible vision or precieve the vastness of the universe. Like Dogomush said... you try to look into infinity and your head gets in the way. We're just throwing out our thoughts and concepts for conversation.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1446275 - 04/10/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1446303 - 04/10/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Galaxies expand and contract- a black hole grows in the center of every galaxy and gets bigger with everything it consumes, until it has sucked the whole universe into itself. Then Bang! It starts all over again.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: Murex]
    #1446918 - 04/10/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The question which has always beaten me in the head since I was about 9 or so is, If space is constantly expanding, wich i don't doubt, WHERE is it expanding to? What is on the OUTSIDE of the universe? is that god? Is that where all the universal energy comes from? Whats it look like? Is it light or dark? Is it of infinite size like our universe is? Is it a whole 'nother universe in and of itself? Does it contain another aspect of myself, like a parralell "bizaro" universe? all I can say is wow.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1447130 - 04/10/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I find it amazing to think about how infinite and large the universe is, and then to consider that my own brain is filled with trillions of miniscule neurons, all of which, when added up create my ability to experince life. Just goes to show the nature of duality; how something can be so small and be so huge, while at the sametime, being so huge and be so small. And all of this is happening in billions of people, every single moment.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinejarhead
stranger on astrange planet

Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: Twirling]
    #1447872 - 04/10/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

there is also the theory about parallel worlds , who are interwoven with our world , a theory seriously considered by top astronomists
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/parallelunitrans.shtml
following is an excerpt from a conversation with these people...
'Randall tried to calculate how gravity could leak from our membrane Universe into empty space, but she couldn't make it work. Then she heard the theory that there might be another membrane in the eleventh dimension. Now she had a really strange thought. What if gravity wasn't leaking from our Universe but to it? What if it came from that other universe? On that membrane, or brane, gravity would be as strong as the other forces, but by the time it reached us it would only be a faint signal. Now when she reworked her calculations everything fitted exactly'
and following is a link to experiences with shrooms and other allies
'Everything you are about to hear is true, at least in this Universe it is. For almost a hundred years science has been haunted by a dark secret: that there might be mysterious hidden worlds beyond our human senses. Mystics had long claimed there were such places. They were, they said, full of ghosts and spirits. The last thing science wanted was to be associated with such superstition, but ever since the 1920s physicists have been trying to make sense of an uncomfortable discovery. When they tried to pinpoint the exact location of atomic particles like electrons they found it was utterly impossible. They had no single location'
end of citation
what i found fascinating about the theory of the parallel worlds is that it reminds me of my experiences with other ways of perception ,like other worlds and that these other worlds are right in front of our noses and our perceptions are filtered in such a way that we only see what we call ' everyday reality'

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

#1448053 - 04/10/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cool thread...

Another way of stating the nature of things is every piece is a puzzle that goes infinitely both directions - larger and smaller.

Also, I've been trying to come up with a more "modern" definition of God and the intelligence of design I see around me. All I can say for sure is God = the manipulation of energy to create ever-increasing complexity, do you guys agree?

For some reason, "God" or whatever you call it seems to want self-awareness to come out of this complexity, for what reason I'd like to hear.

If I'm way off, let me know!

Hasta

Edited by Observer (04/10/03 09:43 PM)

OfflineKathaneal
Stranger
    #1448422 - 04/10/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Trying to grasp infinite universes is like squeezing a watermelong out of one's fanny...  For most people.  Our physical body, especially the brain is not equipped, overall, to visualize or sense the infinite.  Even if a person could, he/she won't remember much after. 

I remember vaguely a vision while on mush.  I saw the birth of a universe.  I can barely describe the details now. 

The human race needs to evolve quicker. :smile:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: jarhead]
    #1449158 - 04/11/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Doing a high enough dose of DMT certainly helps to imagine and view those parallel universes. It's like science and religion are finally coming together to help us understand the unknown. Of course, this is all theoretical at this point, but just imagine the possibilities.....

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinejarhead
stranger on astrange planet

#1449718 - 04/11/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think dmt could be a good aid to imagine these parallel universes , i wonder if ayahuasca could realize this also as it is easier to obtain
I think for me and most other people it is impossible or nearly to imagine and work with more than the usual 3 dimensions , while cosmologists are used to work with 10 at this moment , nevertheless the cosmos or what i can experience of it has been a moodlifter during many times in my lifetime when i had enough of human society and its illusions , the beauty and mystery of it...

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: The Infinite Vastness of the Universe [Re: jarhead]
    #1449759 - 04/11/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It's like an ant comprehending how large the world is.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom