Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Caine]
    #14946559 -

Caine said:
It's probably too late now, he's gone too far to turn back :lol:


I think it's possible for him to realize later on in life how stupid religion is.


Caine said:
Poid, have you seen the movie Jesus Camp? You should check it out if you have not.


No, I want to though..will probably check it out soon.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946562 -

Some really disturbing scenes in that movie. 8 year old kids sobbing because their parents told them they would burn in eternal fire for not accepting Jesus into their hearts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Caine]
    #14946568 -

Fuck it, I'm watching it now..got nothing else to do. :shrug:

I think I'm about to be really pissed off...:carl:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946580 -

Get ready Poid, some disturbing shit in jesus camp. As for the video, what the fuck is so wrong about letting your children decide what they want to believe themselves? Why do most parents tend to want to indoctrinate them into a certain belief system?


--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14946589 -

love2shpongleIRL said:
As for the video, what the fuck is so wrong about letting your children decide what they want to believe themselves? Why do most parents tend to want to indoctrinate them into a certain belief system?


Because that's what their culture mandates them to do..most people are sheep, and don't even question their own culture.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946615 -

At least this kid still has a shot, I was indoctrinated into Catholicism and I quickly figured out that it was bullshit. If I can get out of indoctrination, so can anyone else if they choose to do so.


--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14946623 -

I was also raised Catholic..I became an atheist during the summer before 9th grade when I honestly looked at myself and realized that I only believed in God "just in case". I knew this meant that I never actually genuinely believed he existed.

It astounds me that even one single person believes in God..he doesn't self-evidently exist, so why believe that he does? :confused:


That movie is already starting to piss me off BTW. :bored:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14946686 -

Quote:
Hallejuah!

I'm preaching about...

*deep breath*

I'm preaching about...

the one god...

to the mans church of Pentecost...

of Pentecost...

of Pentecost...

I'm going to do for the one lord!

The red hot revival!

If the lord has the words, you have the Pentecost!

Grenada, Mississippi.

The lord is here tonight...

and his name is Jesus!

There's only one god..
and then he's gonna praise out his tears!
and just worship god!
and then he's gonna worship god!
but the lord is gonna do it!
that means god has to do it!
and then Jesus has to do it!
and then god is gonna do it!
and then Jesus!

woo!

I love preaching tonight.




:freshwtf: 

This is preaching? Sounds like he is just some kid yelling stuff, with 'god', 'jesus', 'lord', 'pentecost', and some other choice words thrown in haphazardly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946758 -

Poid said:
It astounds me that even one single person believes in God..he doesn't self-evidently exist, so why believe that he does? :confused:



I don't know what definition lies behind your use of the word god, but it astounds me that you feel able to make such a blanket statement.
It can be claimed that nothing exists 'self-evidently', so why believe in anything, if that is your criteria for belief?
Or are you just using the informal use of self-evidence, in which case why would a lack of obviousness be any reason to preclude belief?

You don't know my reasons for belief in a god of sorts, and you are in no position to make such baseless claims as to such.

Don't generalize your hatred for religious intolerance to all those who disagree with you--it makes you no different then those you hate so much.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #14946769 -

love2shpongleIRL said:
...why would a lack of obviousness be any reason to preclude belief?


Are you serious?


The human race is doomed. :sad:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14946808 -

love2shpongleIRL said:
Get ready Poid, some disturbing shit in jesus camp.


I've gotta say, this is a truly depressing movie, I actually kind of hate humans right now...:sad:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946809 -

Pretty much anything discovered in physics these days would not be considered obvious at the start of research. I guess we should just give it all up.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #14946821 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Pretty much anything discovered in physics these days would not be considered obvious at the start of research.


So what? Physicists don't believe in any theories unless some evidence makes it obvious that they're plausible. They don't simply have faith that certain theories are plausible, that would be illogical, and unscientific.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid] * 2
    #14946842 -

Nice, glad to hear that the basic requirements for being a preacher are incoherent babbling consisting of ga-ga goo-goo, nonsensical sentences with GOD, LORD, OR JESUS (or all 3 for maximum effect) thrown in at random intervals to make them appear as though they have some mystic meaning and relevance and the inability to properly use the toilet yet.

Sounds like this kid is the model preacher. :borat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14946849 -

lol...:smirk:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946868 -

Poid said:
love2shpongleIRL said:
Get ready Poid, some disturbing shit in jesus camp.


I've gotta say, this is a truly depressing movie, I actually kind of hate humans right now...:sad:



jesus camp you say?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946871 -

sunset_mission said:
Nice, glad to hear that the basic requirements for being a preacher are incoherent babbling consisting of ga-ga goo-goo, nonsensical sentences with GOD, LORD, OR JESUS (or all 3 for maximum effect) thrown in at random intervals to make them appear as though they have some mystic meaning and relevance and the inability to properly use the toilet yet.

Sounds like this kid is the model preacher. :borat:



Someone should train a chimp to act like its preachin' and then tell a bunch of ppl that he just started doing that on its own and you'l get a following of ppl going with it. It would be a bowl of lulz.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #14946894 -

JesusGoneRogue said:
Poid said:
love2shpongleIRL said:
Get ready Poid, some disturbing shit in jesus camp.


I've gotta say, this is a truly depressing movie, I actually kind of hate humans right now...:sad:



jesus camp you say?


Yes. I'm not even sure if I can stomach the whole thing, those people are just too ridiculous. I already had given up on the human race awhile ago, this shit is just taking my misanthropy to an entirely different level...


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: The_Ghost]
    #14946911 -

The_Ghost said:
sunset_mission said:
Nice, glad to hear that the basic requirements for being a preacher are incoherent babbling consisting of ga-ga goo-goo, nonsensical sentences with GOD, LORD, OR JESUS (or all 3 for maximum effect) thrown in at random intervals to make them appear as though they have some mystic meaning and relevance and the inability to properly use the toilet yet.

Sounds like this kid is the model preacher. :borat:



Someone should train a chimp to act like its preachin' and then tell a bunch of ppl that he just started doing that on its own and you'l get a following of ppl going with it. It would be a bowl of lulz.


I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was able to teach an African Grey parrot to preach..those birds actually appear to understand the words they use. :ooo:




--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 3 year old preacher [Re: Poid]
    #14946914 -

Poid said:
JesusGoneRogue said:
Poid said:
love2shpongleIRL said:
Get ready Poid, some disturbing shit in jesus camp.


I've gotta say, this is a truly depressing movie, I actually kind of hate humans right now...:sad:



jesus camp you say?


Yes. I'm not even sure if I can stomach the whole thing, those people are just too ridiculous. I already had given up on the human race awhile ago, this shit is just taking my misanthropy to an entirely different level...



Ya, Ive seen clips from it but i don't think i ever need to see the whole thing. Seems like a serious downer movie.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone find deeply religious people disturbing?
( 1 2 3 all )
skatealex2 3,270 43 05/29/11 05:09 PM
by Moronicus
* "I teach logic, mother fucker." Professor Confronts Preacher on Campus
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Morphogenesis 14,005 237 11/28/11 10:17 PM
by Sophistic Radiance
* indoctrinating religion
( 1 2 all )
fetalscab 2,985 23 02/10/07 01:46 PM
by Silversoul
* Glenn Beck Compares Norway Victims To Hitler Youth, And A General Conversation On Indoctrination
( 1 2 all )
The Vapor 3,650 22 07/26/11 07:03 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Baby preacher niteowl 521 8 04/24/09 01:39 AM
by DeathCompany
* What preacher casey said poor boy lorddavidone 477 5 03/23/10 03:43 PM
by lorddavidone
* The Most Disturbing Movie You've Seen
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
FeedingMyDreams 10,579 173 09/03/09 11:15 PM
by GreenMachine
* My dad just said the most disturbing thing to me
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 4,414 45 03/22/14 11:01 AM
by Endure

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,981 topic views. 3 members, 21 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.