Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14565826 - 06/05/11 06:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Some of Pinchbeck's tangible accomplishments:

Creator of the Evolver network, with its monthly spore gatherings.

Creator of Reality-Sandwich, with its constant barrage of new articles, information, and knowledge.

Co-Produced the movie: 2012:Time for Change, which isn't as apocalyptic, cataclysmic, or superstitious as it might sound. It's more about the practical, pragmatic, and reasonable ways that we can avert the impending ecological disasters by using sustainable technology.

Working on the Unify Earth project: an event that will take place on Dec 21, 2012 in which there will be an attempt at pulling together everyone's collective psychic energy to help the earth and spread love, even if only temporarily... or some bull shit like that.

I'm sure he's done more that I'm not remembering or am unaware of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: laserpig]
    #14566041 - 06/05/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Just to chime in on Pinchbeck: he obviously is at best a junior intellectual compared to luminaries like McKenna or [name your favorite psychedelic thinker]. But he's also more mainstream than any of those guys. If psychedelics are ever going to gain ground in public opinion, I think we'll need more people like Pinchbeck.

Yea, exactly. I see people getting on people's case like Pinchbeck and Rogan all too often. The fact they are in the public eye (more so Rogan) and are an image of someone who does psychedelics and is not a "hippie" or "batshit crazy" is a good thing.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14566433 - 06/05/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

laserpig said:
Just to chime in on Pinchbeck: he obviously is at best a junior intellectual compared to luminaries like McKenna or [name your favorite psychedelic thinker]. But he's also more mainstream than any of those guys. If psychedelics are ever going to gain ground in public opinion, I think we'll need more people like Pinchbeck.

Yea, exactly. I see people getting on people's case like Pinchbeck and Rogan all too often. The fact they are in the public eye (more so Rogan) and are an image of someone who does psychedelics and is not a "hippie" or "batshit crazy" is a good thing.

Yeah, before you critisise someone you should walk a mile in their shoes... that way when you critisise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14566629 - 06/05/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

laserpig said:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Loc: in a shroomery prison
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #14566726 - 06/05/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

laserpig said:

Who could you learn more from?

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #14566846 - 06/05/11 10:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

laserpig said:

:lolsy:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14566854 - 06/05/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Lmao, that is pretty funny. Yea, well, he doesn't always dress like that. :lol:

InvisibleThe Whale

Loc: Flag
    #14566943 - 06/05/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There are in fact dozens of prestigious researchers currently working behind the scenes with psychedelics clinicals, many of whom work outside of the U.S. Most of these guys don't receive media attention, given that scientific data - in the mind of Joe Blow - is about as culturally appealing to the masses as the researcher's khaki pants and sports blazer. Eccentric hippies or political rebels sell more gumdrops.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: The Whale] * 1
    #14566959 - 06/05/11 10:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm checking out Reality Sandwich right now, it's actually not a bad site. It's like a psychedelic Huffington Post.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

#14566967 - 06/05/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The photo was probably taken at a burning man festival.  Seriously how much does fashion mean when you take psychedelics or use it regularly?  FIT INTO THIS MOLD, be a fucking tool and sheep. 

I'd wear something simuular if it wasn't for law enforcement and the attention it would bring that would make people uncomfortable if you are on a psychedelic and dressed in such a manner.

Fuck babylon and it's decaying ways and wanting to fit in or to fit in just to survive with the finances.  I'm not under that shit.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: The Whale] * 1
    #14567257 - 06/05/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Whale said:
There are in fact dozens of prestigious researchers currently working behind the scenes with psychedelics clinicals, many of whom work outside of the U.S. Most of these guys don't receive media attention, given that scientific data - in the mind of Joe Blow - is about as culturally appealing to the masses as the researcher's khaki pants and sports blazer. Eccentric hippies or political rebels sell more gumdrops.

Being one of these guys someday is my wet dream.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: timelapses]
    #14568501 - 06/06/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

timelapses said:
Seriously how much does fashion mean when you take psychedelics or use it regularly?

What!?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineGrizzlyBear
Shaman
Male

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Ythan]
    #14568891 - 06/06/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Would there be a way for people to view prior videos that have already been recorded? Today's date is June 6th - would I be able to view June 5th's session once I've registered?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: Ythan]
    #14569380 - 06/06/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Pinchbeck is a joke. He only borrowed like 80% of his material and his writing acumen is barely average.

--------------------

Offlinedamned76
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna *DELETED* [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14569488 - 06/06/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by c0sm0nautt

Reason for deletion: Please check the "Getting Started" forum for newbie information.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: GrizzlyBear]
    #14569509 - 06/06/11 01:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GrizzlyBear said:
Would there be a way for people to view prior videos that have already been recorded? Today's date is June 6th - would I be able to view June 5th's session once I've registered?

I dunno, but I hope someone is recording them to upload on YouTube. It's that kind of trickle-down, no-secrets mentality that defines le psychedelic community.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss: The Ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna [Re: damned76] * 1
    #14569634 - 06/06/11 02:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

damned76 said:
Hi! Could anyone recommend a trusted site or company from where I can order a grow kit?

Thanks!

I would recommend you ask that question in the off-topic discussion forum.  They are experts in this sort of thing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order