Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more...
    #14080389 -

Last week I prepped about 15 plates, and inoculated 4 of them with drops of

Psi Azure * 2 plates
Psi Cyan * 2 plates

I did this in order to isolate a strain before moving on to Primary Wood Spawn, etc. Well, 7 days later, and I see nothing on the plates. Stored @ room temperature.

Since then, I've searched on this site, and found out that MS is *not* ideal for Agar. Oops.

Problem is, both my wood-lovers are MS.

How should I be proceeding with this now? I can totally do WBS Jar if that is viable...?

For my leftover plates, I am planning on do a spore streak from prints I've recently made. I assume this will/should work even though my Agar is "jellied/hardened" now?


--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14080432 -

I've no experience with Azure or Cyan, but my most successful agar experiments have been from a multi-spore syringe (B+). I believe I used Potato Dextrose. Poured the agar in front of a flowhood, worked the syringe a few hours later in a glovebox.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14080440 -

you can start MS->grain, then transfer grain to wood.... or transfer grain to agar, single grain kernels :shrug: possibly start an LC from MS, then do your agar work.

I've done this with cubes, should work about the same.

good luck to you :smile2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14080456 -

Spore germination can take 7-14 days, and sometimes longer.

Be patient.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #14080518 -

EvilMushroom666 said:
Spore germination can take 7-14 days, and sometimes longer.

Be patient.



Up to 14 huh? Okies... Man, I thought I *had* been patient :wink:.

Thx.


--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14080544 -

Multispore is what you want to start isolation with all species.  It's just that syringes are not the best since bacteria tends to grow in the water within the syringe, and then the agar feeds it, allowing the bacteria to grow faster than the mushroom mycelium.

Also, it's often that the spores float, so when you squeeze out a drop on agar, it's just water.  Shake the syringe well first.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #14080623 -

RR: Yeah, I shook the syringes very well, and even saw a speck of black come out on one of the plates, so maybe EvilMushroom666 is right about the 7-14 day thing.

Syringes are fairly new, from a reputable seller, so not worried about the viability of those.

I also read on here to point the needle down, to allow spores to deposit near the exit point. Might try that tonight on some of my left over plates.


--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14080798 -

Enquiring minds want to know... :popcorn:


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: Doc_T]
    #14087604 -

Well, patience paid off... day 9, and all 4 plates have white myc dots/circles starting :smile:

So looks like I am on my way to isolating those in a few xfers once they colonize the plate.


--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: FalseMaria]
    #14087614 -

im 4 days behind with the azure on plates :smile: good luck this summer dude :whoo:


--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... [Re: virus1824]
    #14087652 -

*cross fingers*


--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Many sub-strains in a multispore LC? Similar to different types of myc on an agar plate? blackout 1,934 5 07/06/05 12:22 PM
by Roadkill
* Re: mold in agar plate Anonymous 14,270 3 12/04/99 12:35 AM
by Anonymous
* Whats with my agar plates? Frankenstein 9,631 8 09/08/22 03:46 PM
by schpat
* How many mycelium syringes from one agar plate? BBShrizz 5,523 3 05/10/01 02:10 AM
by ISaToriBluEI
* moisture build up on agar plates Pie 1,934 1 05/31/05 08:02 PM
by waixingren
* agar plates... Fluxburn 1,801 10 02/11/05 08:30 PM
by Fluxburn
* storing peroxide agar plates for later use ohmatic 1,372 2 01/09/05 03:18 PM
by ohmatic
* incubate agar plates ohmatic 9,040 15 01/16/05 02:12 PM
by kingboomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,098 topic views. 15 members, 174 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.