Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11490258 -

Being a self hating American does not fix the problem.

That just creates apathy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11490271 -

And insulting me doesn't validate your angst.:cheers:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11490300 -

True. But it is his duty to uphold the constitution. A show of respect isn't much to expect from a president. Even if it is a small thing.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11490301 -

I think you would only take offense if it was true.

A good friend acts as a mirror.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: kydelic]
    #11491835 -

kydelic said:
A socialist in the true sense of the word, not in the way the retarded conservatives use it (someone can't be both a socialist and a fascist, you pick one or the other) to brand anyone they don't like.



I still disagree, because someone can have philosophies from many political realms. The income tax is a pretty good example of socialism at work (some may argue it's fascism or some other political stance). In this country we also have people from Multinational-corporations working for the FDA, DEA, Cabinet, and other branches of government. ANd that to me is an excellent example of gov-corporatism...fascism.


--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have


Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11491901 -

I never understood the point of holding your hand up to your heart. Your thoughts and feelings are something in your head and just because you dont hold your hand up to your heart doesnt mean your an America hater... :shrug: Its easy to stand there and put your hand on your chest, its harder to actually go out and do something. I know quite a few people who dont even know the words to the pledge of allegiance, its just a string of words that have no meaning, but they put their hand on their heart every time and act like it means something... :shrug:
Also, the pledge of allegiance is just that, a pledge. How many fucking times do you have to make the same damn pledge? Do you keep breaking your pledges and thus need to re-pledge yourself?

So towards your questions of:
"What gives?
Ya think he doesn't care about American Sovereignty?"

I ask you what is more important:
- Him putting his hand on his chest while staring at the flag durin the pledge of allegiance
- Him spending years in school and working in politics and eventually becoming the president trying to fix millions of problems left behind by the previous hand-held-to-chest president/s

And in regards to GoaMs comment:  "A show of respect isn't much to expect from a president."
I dont care for show, I want action.  :ohwell:
If you want a show go to the theater.



Enough rambling! Back to unclogging drains so I can shower and then sleep!  :enraged:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: eligal]
    #11492220 -

Lolz. You have good points. I'm not exactly outraged over the matter. And where are all these 'pledge' things going on for that matter? Do they open with the pledge at every official gathering or something? Seems like overkill. But if it was a veterans thing or something, as commander in chief, he should show respect, out of respect. Sometimes ceremony is important. :shrug:


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: eligal]
    #11492299 -

eligal said:
- Him spending years in school and working in politics and eventually becoming the president trying to fix millions of problems left behind by the previous hand-held-to-chest president/s




seems obama is introducng far more problems than he's fixing, and these
problems by the former administration, most have their roots in the
administration prior to bush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11495936 -

Quote:
most have their roots in the
administration prior to bush



Not really, Bush's economic policies, and most of his other policies, were retarded. Bush, in fact, removed most of the protections, in place since the Great Depression, that caused most of these banks to fail.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11496268 -

In reference to the currently circulating picture claiming to show President Obama failing to salute the National Anthem during a memorial at Arlington, I'd like to share a handy link to Snopes explaining that the song playing at the time was Hail to the Chief, and he was doing exactly what protocol says he should be doing at the time.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/veteransday.asp

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Life_of_a_Cell]
    #11496784 -

Thanks for clearing that up Life_of_a_Cell. I was a bit concerned about the apparant lack of respect. Guess the pic was spun. No surprise. Don't like the guy. But cant fault him for following proper etiquette.

Thx for the link.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: GoaM]
    #11498046 -

Nice link!
That certainly cleared up that confusion.


--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have


Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Miss. judge jails attorney for not reciting pledge anomaly100716 544 6 10/07/10 04:54 PM
by learningtofly
* Modernized Pledge of Allegiance thirdeyeparable 1,214 18 07/21/10 10:01 PM
by ModusPwnd
* Who here hates obama
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Lucidx 6,366 129 11/12/09 04:15 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Wapakz 9,298 105 03/27/09 06:06 PM
by Ferris
* Where can I get an Obama "Change" shirt?
( 1 2 all )
RonPaulVerm 1,289 23 09/21/09 12:33 PM
by the bizzle
* Obama and the shroomery
( 1 2 all )
Almond Flour 2,400 27 04/01/09 11:54 AM
by gotfungus
* Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mathewww 23,872 159 03/07/16 04:11 AM
by Triton79
* Racism & Civil Hysteria over Obama's Victory.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mathewww 21,178 145 11/19/08 04:02 PM
by fireduck

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,960 topic views. 3 members, 16 guests and 294 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.