Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change?
    #10045725 - 03/26/09 12:44 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/obamas-interactive-town-hall-meeting/

I fucking hate this man. Clearly state things one way then flip-flop when you're voted in. What an ass.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the DEA is continuing their raids, one week after they were 'stopped'.

http://www.mikecann.net/2009/03/dea-continues-medical-marijuana-raids.html

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Wapakz]
    #10045764 - 03/26/09 12:49 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

President Obama: What Is So Funny About Taxing And Regulating Marijuana?
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:34:32  By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director
Share This Article       

Speaking live moments ago President Barack Obama pledged “to open up the White House to the American people.”

Well, to some of the American people that is.

As for those tens of millions of you who believe that cannabis should be legally regulated like alcohol — and the tens of thousands of you who voted to make this subject the most popular question in today’s online Presidential Town Hall — well, your voice doesn’t really matter.

Asked this morning whether he “would … support the bill currently going through the California legislation to legalize and tax marijuana, boosting the economy and reducing drug cartel related violence,” the President responded with derision.

“There was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation, and I don’t know what this says about the online audience,” he laughed.

“The answer is no, I don’t think that [is] a good strategy.”

Obama’s cynical rebuff was short-sighted and disrespectful to a large percentage of his supporters. After all, was it not this very same “online audience” that donated heavily to Obama’s Presidential campaign and ultimately carried him to the White House?

Second, as I’ve written previously in The Hill and elsewhere, the overwhelming popularity of the marijuana law reform issue — as manifested in this and in similar forums — illustrates that there is a significant, vocal, and identifiable segment of our society that wants to see an end to America’s archaic and overly punitive marijuana laws.

The Obama administration should be embracing this constituency, not mocking it.

Third, will somebody please ask the President: “What is it that you think is so funny about the subject of marijuana law reform?”

Since 1965, police have arrested over 20 million Americans for violating marijuana laws, yet nearly 90 percent of teenagers say that pot is “very easy” or “fairly easy” to obtain. That’s funny?

According to this very administration, there is an unprecedented level of violence occurring at the Mexico/US border — much of which is allegedly caused by the trafficking of marijuana to the United States by drug cartels. America’s stringent enforcement of pot prohibition, which artificially inflates black market pot prices and ensures that only criminal enterprises will be involved in the production and sale of this commodity, is helping to fuel this violence. Wow, funny stuff!

Finally, two recent polls indicate that a strong majority of regional voters support ending marijuana prohibition and treating the drug’s sale, use, and distribution like alcohol. A February 2009 Zogby telephone poll reported that nearly six out of ten of voters on the west coast think that cannabis should be “taxed and legally regulated like alcohol and cigarettes.” A just-released California Field Poll reports similar results, finding that 58 percent of statewide votes believe that regulations for cannabis should be the same or less strict than those for alcohol.

Does the President really think that all of these voters are worthy of his ridicule?

Let the White House laugh for now, but the public knows that this issue is no laughing matter. This week alone, legislators in Illinois, Minnesota, and New Hampshire voted to legalize the use of marijuana for authorized individuals. Politicians in three additional states heard testimony this week in favor of eliminating criminal penalties for all adults who possess and use cannabis. And lawmakers in Massachusetts and California are now debating legally regulating marijuana outright.

The American public is ready and willing to engage in a serious and objective political debate regarding the merits of legalizing the use of cannabis by adults. And all over this nation, whether Capitol Hill wants to acknowledge it or not, they are engaging in this debate as we speak.

Sorry Obama, this time the joke’s on you.

from NORML

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#10045777 - 03/26/09 12:51 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

hey, dont knock President Obama for this, clearly at the end of the article it mentions "listen to obama"

if the DEA decides to go AGAINST the president, he is not necessarily powerless to stop it, but he isnt a czar either.

I do hope he speaks out on this, so that the mentality WONT be that he is a flip flopper.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #10045832 - 03/26/09 01:00 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

The DEA takes orders from Obama. The head of the DEA stated that they would follow Obama's call for state jurisdiction in medical marijuana cases. What does this mean? Obama reneged on his promise to stop the DEA raids on medical marijuana facilities.

Because as the DEA stated, they get their messages straight from the top: the president.

--------------------

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#10045857 - 03/26/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
hey, dont knock President Obama for this, clearly at the end of the article it mentions "listen to obama"

if the DEA decides to go AGAINST the president, he is not necessarily powerless to stop it, but he isnt a czar either.

I do hope he speaks out on this, so that the mentality WONT be that he is a flip flopper.

Wow, you don't get that he can fire the head of the DEA easilly, because the president is the head of the executive branch. They-are-not allowed to go against him. All of the Czars are heads of the cabinet, not like in Russia.

Why are people ignorant enough to think the DEA is some sort of rogue faction of the government?

Obama made a fucked up move, I hope Cali and Mass pass the laws.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: doom876]
    #10045871 - 03/26/09 01:06 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

There is news saying the dispensary was not following state law, and thus raided.

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: suburbanned]
    #10045885 - 03/26/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

DEA is federal, they are separate from state law. Thus state law enforcement would have taken care of the dispensary. The DEA is federal, not state. So this raid was from Obama's appointee.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
    #10046051 - 03/26/09 01:36 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

i think i remember reading that the DEA would only raid those shops that are not operating under both state and federal law (seemingly simultaneously) so that if one dispensary is running by the CA state regs, that's cool and dandy, but then another one is not running by the CA state regs, that's when the DEA gets their righteousness on.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #10046135 - 03/26/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/26/obama-marijuana-is-not-a-good-strategy-to-spur-economy/#more-45366

In terms of thinking politically; I agree with Obama's decision. 40% of the country(right wing nuts) already hate his guts and want the president to fail. Legalizing cannabis would kill the support of a lot of those traditional folks. And I think it would kill Obama's chances of getting re-elected in 2012. What's more important, legalizing cannabis or having Obama for 8 years?

However, although there are less controversial ways to generate revenue. It seems completely moronic not to legalize cannabis. However; cops need to make their quotas and continue to instill the fear of drugs upon the impressionable young minds of our society.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Neuron]
    #10046154 - 03/26/09 01:52 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I also forgot to congratulate the thousands of people on the shroomery who voted for that topic. I clearly remember reading the thread about this on these boards with the same  question, verbatim.

Congratulations on making it to #1 and getting the attention of the media.

--------------------

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #10046158 - 03/26/09 01:52 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

there is like 10 threads on this same topic

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

#10046201 - 03/26/09 01:58 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/26/obama-marijuana-is-not-a-good-strategy-to-spur-economy/#more-45366

In terms of thinking politically; I agree with Obama's decision. 40% of the country(right wing nuts) already hate his guts and want the president to fail. Legalizing cannabis would kill the support of a lot of those traditional folks. And I think it would kill Obama's chances of getting re-elected in 2012. What's more important, legalizing cannabis or having Obama for 8 years?

However, although there are less controversial ways to generate revenue. It seems completely moronic not to legalize cannabis. However; cops need to make their quotas and continue to instill the fear of drugs upon the impressionable young minds of our society.

hit the nail on head. Let Obama play the stupid political game. He may turn around next term if  more states decriminalize

Right now, we need to be looking to Cali and Mass. Not Obama.

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Edited by AsAboveSoBelow (03/26/09 01:59 PM)

Offlinemoe.phan
listening for the secret
Male User Gallery

Loc: searching for the sound
    #10046213 - 03/26/09 02:00 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:

he's been a flip-flopper since 2 weeks into his campain. since he was elected, its only gotten worse.

people are/were so ready to believe everything that he said, even though he's contradicted himself soooo many times, they tend to forget he's no different than any other politician. politicians tell you anything you want to here to get your vote. then its business as usual.

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: moe.phan]
    #10046268 - 03/26/09 02:09 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: citricacidx]
    #10046294 - 03/26/09 02:11 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Obama is a joke.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #10046297 - 03/26/09 02:11 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

It`s sad that anyone takes this political stuff serious anymore.....if you have not guessed ,it`s all been a lie.

Your vote does not count,your opinion as a citizen does not matter anymore.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Rocker232]
    #10046299 - 03/26/09 02:12 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Obama is a joke.

The entire thing is a joke.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
    #10046330 - 03/26/09 02:16 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

citricacidx said:

so true, i voted for this puppet.

BUT..

I still want to see "change"

I will see "change"

Marijuana will be legalized. and this is no laughing matter.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#10046343 - 03/26/09 02:18 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

People are also pretty quick to size up politicians and think  "If you've seen one, you've seen them all". I will let Obama play the game of politics, because he's out best shot at reclaiming our country.

A good politician is a strategic one. Okay, so if he did legalize cannabis then cannabis would be legal for 4 years. Then comes 2012; he obviously won't be re-elected by the majority; and we'll have some moronic republican like Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, or Jindal running for president.

Haven't you had enough bullshit from Bush? In my honest opinion, we need a smart president for as long as possible to rebuild America. We're hanging my a thin hair people, let's cut the guy some slack.

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10046350 - 03/26/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

It amazes me how a man who won on "change" hasn't the slightest pair of balls. The nation is in a shit hole right, you have to make some choices that are going to be controversial. FDR walked all over the constitution in order to save the economy, why is Obama so afraid? He needs to stop worrying about his second term and worry about the present.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10046392 - 03/26/09 02:26 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I'd love to see change, that's why I voted for Ron Paul

--------------------

Edited by citricacidx (03/26/09 02:48 PM)

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
    #10046432 - 03/26/09 02:32 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

have any of these governmental officials ever consider that the legalization of a widely used and relatively safe substance and taxing it may in fact stimulate the economy?

rational times mean rational measures. prohibition didn't work before, and it won't work now, and i won't stand by anybody who wants to spend billions annually to fight a war against the american people that has no just cause or meaning, or, best yet: no real benefits.

it's time to stop dicking around and actually make some change that everybody can benefit from. nobody benefits from marijuana being a controlled substance, but millions of people are punished for reasons they shouldn't be.

Offlinemathewww
Lurker.
Male

Loc: Seattle, Cascadia.
    #10046453 - 03/26/09 02:34 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I think it's disrespectful to the thousands of people who voted and feel passionate about this issue, for him to just laugh it off and say "no".

Especially, when he enjoyed and used marijuana extensively during his early adulthood.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #10046488 - 03/26/09 02:39 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I think Obama has always been against legalization of pot.  But he was for decriminalization in 2004.  Not sure if he still is or not.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10046491 - 03/26/09 02:39 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Its the same story over and over and over and over again,lets give the new idiot a chance to not do anything different,then we say the same thing with the new one...........sorry people ,but we have no say anymore and this will only happen over and over like it has before.

Wake up to reality ,you do not matter,your opinion does not matter,you exist in the eyes of our leaders to do nothing more but generate tax income for our leaders.

We have been ruduced to a dollar sign.

Your free to do anything you want as long as you give almost half of what you make to the leaders,so they can do what they want.....sounds like you pay a steep price for freedom in America,your money is then used to make laws you do not agree with or support.
In reality ,you pay for your own doom.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Learyfan]
    #10046496 - 03/26/09 02:40 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

They all lie. Period.

This whole thing is a fucking joke and it makes me sick.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: unretarded]
    #10046504 - 03/26/09 02:40 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

fuck my life

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Kada]
    #10046509 - 03/26/09 02:41 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

and the biggest joke is on us ...we pay for it all.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#10046511 - 03/26/09 02:42 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
It amazes me how a man who won on "change" hasn't the slightest pair of balls. The nation is in a shit hole right, you have to make some choices that are going to be controversial. FDR walked all over the constitution in order to save the economy, why is Obama so afraid? He needs to stop worrying about his second term and worry about the present.

I understand what you are saying. Why is Obama so afraid? Let's not forget he is still the first african-american president of the United States. There have already been a number of assassination attempts on him. Legalizing marijuana WOULD generate a lot of revenue for our country; but it would also make some old fashioned "goody two shoed" Christians flaming mad.

The *last* thing we need right now, is to have the country completely divided, and you know it would be. The many brains of the people of the United States, and the government are brainwashed themselves in thinking drugs are bad.

Yet for them; alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly acceptable. I feel that it would take a while before society becomes more accepting towards this argument, and I don't think now is the right time.

If Obama legalized cannabis; he would gain a lot of credit on the Shroomery, but would lose substantial credibility among the rest of the population. The people who think like us are a tiny pool compared to the rest of the American population.

Anyways; gotta get back to studying for midterms.

--------------------

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

#10046517 - 03/26/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

one day, there will be change. one day. i hope.

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: lysergicide]
    #10046528 - 03/26/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

legalization and taxation of marijuana not only stimulates the economy but also takes away a certain amount of power from gangs in big cities. a lot of their "income" is based off of prostitution and drug sales, and we all know how easy it is to get weed. take that factor out, and all of a sudden you're looking at a stimulated economy, slightly less crime, and slightly less powerful gangs.

fuck, i should have ran for president or some shit

Offlinemathewww
Lurker.
Male

Loc: Seattle, Cascadia.
    #10046547 - 03/26/09 02:48 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

lysergicide said:
legalization and taxation of marijuana not only stimulates the economy but also takes away a certain amount of power from gangs in big cities. a lot of their "income" is based off of prostitution and drug sales, and we all know how easy it is to get weed. take that factor out, and all of a sudden you're looking at a stimulated economy, slightly less crime, and slightly less powerful gangs.

fuck, i should have ran for president or some shit

Gangs in American cities aren't the primary issue. It's mexican drug cartels that are the big problem.

Legalizing marijuana would eliminate the American demand for drugs, thus essentially eliminating most if not all the violence happening at the border.

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#10046552 - 03/26/09 02:49 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:

I understand what you are saying. Why is Obama so afraid? Let's not forget he is still the first african-american president of the United States. There have already been a number of assassination attempts on him. Legalizing marijuana WOULD generate a lot of revenue for our country; but it would also make some old fashioned "goody two shoed" Christians flaming mad.

The *last* thing we need right now, is to have the country completely divided, and you know it would be. The many brains of the people of the United States, and the government are brainwashed themselves in thinking drugs are bad.

Yet for them; alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly acceptable. I feel that it would take a while before society becomes more accepting towards this argument, and I don't think now is the right time.

If Obama legalized cannabis; he would gain a lot of credit on the Shroomery, but would lose substantial credibility among the rest of the population. The people who think like us are a tiny pool compared to the rest of the American population.

Anyways; gotta get back to studying for midterms.

I understand your point, but I feel you have a misconstrued view of the general populace's stance on Marijuana. People who are against legalization are often victims of ignorance. There are people who think you can die from smoking Marijuana. There are others who see it as only a gateway drug. People are against it because they do not understand it and I would say that the majority of those people are the elderly or religious. What does the population dislike more, Marijuana or losing their jobs? If it was approached as a way of rejuvenating the economy only the STUPID would oppose it. Its a shame our nation spent so much time digging itself into a whole with grouping Marijuana along with coke, heroin etc, because now when they are in a time where it could help them they are caught with their heads in their ass.

I do not disagree that it would be a bold move for Obama, but he's the President of the United States, if he is not willing to make some tough choices then he should have stayed home and let the real men take the job. You can't make an omelet without breaking any eggs.

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #10046577 - 03/26/09 02:53 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

you guys give up so fucking easily, its pathetic. we are making progress, period. did any of you honestly expect Obama to answer the qeustion, "Yes, I think legalization is a great idea, I'll go get on that right now!"

thats fucking stupid and unrealistic. the only thing that matters is that we have pressed the issue, forced it to be addressed, and now we are making mainstream news. CNN used the term Prohibition for fucks sake. that wouldn't have happened even a year ago. conservative news outlets are discussing the benefits of legalization. Glenn fucking Beck supports it. two states are pushing legislation to not just decriminalize, but legalize it.

the last 6 months has been outstanding for our cause, but Obama, a brand new black president 3 months into his first term isn't agreeing with legalization so you all freak out and say shit like, "Fuck my life," and "Fuck Obama," etc.

Christ, use your brains.

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: uber_aj]
    #10046605 - 03/26/09 02:58 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

No, I didn't expect him to say "Let's do it you guys!" But he could've actually treated it like every other question instead of making a joke out of it. Fuck him.

--------------------

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

#10046622 - 03/26/09 03:03 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

titssssss.

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #10046629 - 03/26/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

i was disappointed by that as well, but we know the guy used to smoke, we know he (at the very least) stalled DEA raids on clinics, we've heard him say he favors decriminalization but not legalization in the past, and Clinton seems to be realizing that the Mexico conflict is caused by our loving demand for drugs.

they're not taking us seriously yet, but they know they're about to get into a fight. we'll win this shit, just not today.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10046630 - 03/26/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

President Roosevelt ended alcohol prohibition in 1933 as part of his economic stimulus package, bringing more jobs and tax revenue. Didn't he do this the first few weeks in office? Seemed to work out just fine for him, and seemed to help the economy. I don't know why they can't learn from history.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#10046638 - 03/26/09 03:06 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
People are also pretty quick to size up politicians and think  "If you've seen one, you've seen them all". I will let Obama play the game of politics, because he's out best shot at reclaiming our country.

A good politician is a strategic one. Okay, so if he did legalize cannabis then cannabis would be legal for 4 years. Then comes 2012; he obviously won't be re-elected by the majority; and we'll have some moronic republican like Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, or Jindal running for president.

Haven't you had enough bullshit from Bush? In my honest opinion, we need a smart president for as long as possible to rebuild America. We're hanging my a thin hair people, let's cut the guy some slack.

Quote:

Kada said:
President Roosevelt ended alcohol prohibition in 1933 as part of his economic stimulus package, bringing more jobs and tax revenue. Didn't he do this the first few weeks in office? Seemed to work out just fine for him, and seemed to help the economy. I don't know why they can't learn from history.

Case and point. Obama needs some balls.

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10046642 - 03/26/09 03:07 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Because what the people want and what our leaders want are 2 very different things.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10046666 - 03/26/09 03:11 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

We must destroy them then. It's our consitutional duty.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10046707 - 03/26/09 03:17 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:
i was disappointed by that as well, but we know the guy used to smoke, we know he (at the very least) stalled DEA raids on clinics, we've heard him say he favors decriminalization but not legalization in the past, and Clinton seems to be realizing that the Mexico conflict is caused by our loving demand for drugs.

they're not taking us seriously yet, but they know they're about to get into a fight. we'll win this shit, just not today.

wow... and still no one has listened to a word I've said about
this dumbass, I started more than a year ago telling everyone to
reconsider voting for him because he's no different than the
nutsack that just left office, GW Bush promised us change too,
guess what, Bush did fucking deliver on his promise

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10046714 - 03/26/09 03:18 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Obama needs some balls.

incorrect, the american people need so balls

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10046727 - 03/26/09 03:20 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

We only have one voice left and thats our tax dollars.

Protests have failed,voicing our opinions has failed and armed rebellion will never happen.

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10046753 - 03/26/09 03:23 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Obama needs some balls.

incorrect, the american people need so balls

Oh agreed completely! It surprises me that America has been so calm over the last few years. I can only really look at the current with history in my mind. Nations come and go, political leaders come and go and many times this is not by a natural process. Bush had one of the lowest approval ratings of all time, but where was the anger? Where was the organization? A rebellion could have easily happened. I firmly feel that a draft would have been the breaking point.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#10046775 - 03/26/09 03:26 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:
you guys give up so fucking easily, its pathetic. we are making progress, period. did any of you honestly expect Obama to answer the qeustion, "Yes, I think legalization is a great idea, I'll go get on that right now!"

thats fucking stupid and unrealistic. the only thing that matters is that we have pressed the issue, forced it to be addressed, and now we are making mainstream news. CNN used the term Prohibition for fucks sake. that wouldn't have happened even a year ago. conservative news outlets are discussing the benefits of legalization. Glenn fucking Beck supports it. two states are pushing legislation to not just decriminalize, but legalize it.

the last 6 months has been outstanding for our cause, but Obama, a brand new black president 3 months into his first term isn't agreeing with legalization so you all freak out and say shit like, "Fuck my life," and "Fuck Obama," etc.

Christ, use your brains.

I completely agree with this reponse; I was pleasantly surprised to see Obama even discuss this matter. I believe that everything will fall into place.

Nice post.

--------------------

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10046793 - 03/26/09 03:28 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

i haven't noticed anyone mention this, but he merely said its not a good economic decision.  and i agree.  it would be a lie to legalize it for economic reasons. thats like saying, "its bad, but we need money, so we'll do it."  but its not bad.  yall are being too hard on barak, hes doing a great job so far, give him some time.

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: sleepy]
    #10046796 - 03/26/09 03:28 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

A great job so far?

LOL

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10046798 - 03/26/09 03:28 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

unretarded said:
Protests have failed

what protests? 50-60 people picketing the RNC and posing a few problems, a bunch of idiot stoners that get together with other stoners every april 20th? there have been no protests

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#10046805 - 03/26/09 03:29 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
I started more than a year ago telling everyone to
reconsider voting for him because he's no different than the
nutsack that just left office

I'm sorry, but I believe you are the only one here who is dumb enough to compare George W. Bush to Barack Obama; and claim the two to be "no different"

You have just lost all credibility.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10046822 - 03/26/09 03:31 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
i haven't noticed anyone mention this, but he merely said its not a good economic decision.  and i agree.  it would be a lie to legalize it for economic reasons. thats like saying, "its bad, but we need money, so we'll do it."  but its not bad.  yall are being too hard on barak, hes doing a great job so far, give him some time.

LOL omg. Everything he said he was against before he took office he now endorses. Patriot act, Giving away our money, Marijuana, and even the people he gave powerful jobs to. Im sure there are meny more, but im not thinking of them right now. Go read something.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10046824 - 03/26/09 03:32 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Obama even discuss this matter. I believe that everything will fall into place.

hahaha... what discussion, where obama said "the internet must be stoned, ROTFLWTFBBQ"

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10046830 - 03/26/09 03:32 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

His mouth might pump out different words about change ,but his pen is doing the exact same thing as the last 20 presidents.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10046850 - 03/26/09 03:35 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

He slammed on us all and our competency. He laughed and called us all idiots on live air. He lied and made it all a joke. It was proven to work in 1933 with alcohol, but he ignored that because he was told to I'm sure. HE IS A PUPPET.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10046856 - 03/26/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

everything i've read has been positive, have you got any links?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10046865 - 03/26/09 03:37 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
He slammed on us all and our compentancy. He laughed and called us all idiots on live air. He lied and made it all a joke. It was proven to work in 1933 with alcohol, but he ignoes that because he was told to im sure. HE IS A PUPPET.

I've been saying it since the first primaries, I wonder what will happen when everyone figures out he's also a racist as well as a vacuous hyped puppet

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10035387#10035387

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10046872 - 03/26/09 03:39 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:T3-JzPcYgWMJ:factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck/2008/01/05/fact_check_obamas_consistent_p_1.php%20obama%20and%20the%20patriot%20act&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Looking for more...

Damn it i don't have time to look for more for you to read. Go google anything he preached about change before he was elected, and look it up where he stands now.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10046873 - 03/26/09 03:39 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
everything i've read has been positive, have you got any links?

positive like in "Obama positively will not support the choices of the american people"?

read the attached article
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10045764#10045764

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #10046878 - 03/26/09 03:40 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

California will legalize marijuana and tax it. There is no good reason to not do this and the people of that state know it. Either, this bill will pass when it comes to a vote in the State government or it will be put to a ballot initiative in November.

Obama, of course, will never legalize weed federally. He will, however, allow states the option to legalize the plant for personal use like the aforementioned issue in California. His response makes sense so as not to piss off more conservative states. He wants to win the next election and states rights appeals to both the pro marijuana lobby and the south if you know your history.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: SlashOZ]
    #10046918 - 03/26/09 03:48 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
California will legalize marijuana and tax it.

and federal raids will continue

Quote:

Obama, of course, will never legalize weed federally. He will, however, allow states the option to legalize the plant for personal use like the aforementioned issue in California.

obama cant stop the states from passing laws, it's beyond his
power, what he can do is use federal funds and personnel to
round up all the 'federal criminals' , I'll repeat myself once
again... until the federal laws are changed it doesnt mean dick
what the stated do because the supreme court has ruled time and
again that the feds hold the power

Quote:

He wants to win the next election and states rights

hahaha do a little more reading, obama doestn give a shit about
states rights, he doesnt give a fuck about individual rights,
ask yourself, within his first 100 days in office he's managed
to flounder on most of his campaign promises, lobbiests in the
whitehouse, washington insiders in his cabinet... are you
willing to vote for him again?

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#10046945 - 03/26/09 03:54 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:

I voted for Obama, I was barely too young to vote when it was Gore or Bush.

If I had been, It would have been the same as the reason I voted for Kerry, which to me was voting AGAINST bush, not for Gore.

Obama though, I feel is about one of the Smartest presidents we have ever had. Does that mean he will make a good president. I would like to think so, but lets be honest about this article...

Legalizing Marijuana and taxing it, etc, is NOT going to magically save the economy. He doesnt state whether he disagrees, but to say that its not going to be what truly fixes the economy.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#10046970 - 03/26/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

citricacidx said:
I'd love to see change, that's why I voted for Ron Paul

You've made a good choice, maybe not for yourself (as Paul didn't get elected), but for America.

--------------------

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #10046980 - 03/26/09 04:01 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

no racism

Edited by Prisoner#1 (03/26/09 04:47 PM)

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10046981 - 03/26/09 04:01 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

There is more money to be had by busting the clinics and cleaning out the safe and bank accounts ,than possible from taxing it.
Plus they get more weed to set up a sting and get more money from that bust,I imagine they sell it over and over untill it turns moldy,busting more people along the way,making even more money.

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #10046989 - 03/26/09 04:02 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

When i become president, i'll push to legalize it.  it's up to congress to take it off the CSA.

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #10047013 - 03/26/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Just in case anyone needs to be reminded of the change you can expect to come:

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047044 - 03/26/09 04:12 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Obama is against legalization on the federal level.  He has no position for the state of California.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047196 - 03/26/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
Obama though, I feel is about one of the Smartest presidents we have ever had.

Legalizing Marijuana and taxing it, etc, is NOT going to magically save the economy.

so a smart way to fix the economy is to borrow trillions from
china, give the money to failing multi billion dollar companies
and when they've pissed it away on hookers and crack to borrow
more to give away... yeah, obama sounds really smart

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047234 - 03/26/09 04:42 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

unretarded said:
There is more money to be had by busting the clinics and cleaning out the safe and bank accounts ,than possible from taxing it.

no... the state of california alone made $11 million in taxes
from the legal sale of medical marijuana, how much do you think
the net haul is from the safe at one of these clubs, they havent
been prosecuted under the rico act because it's not racketeering
so the assets and accounts are safe from fed hands. even still,
they arent making that damned much if it's $400/lb for
production, the grower needs his share so you can bet he's
getting a large chunk since he runs a greater risk, if everyone
was making millions from the sale, everyone else would be moving
to cali to grow weed

if we spend $1bn for busting pot smokers/growers/dealers each
year you can be assured that double that can be brought in as
tax revenue

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #10047252 - 03/26/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Pris im disappointed too but obama is the lesser of two evils

as bad as it is that he isn't fulfilling promises and not quite what people expected he has one very good feature . . . he is not john McCain :shrug: 

the rest of the world is quite happy with obama in charge, that presidential race could have gone way worse

edit: just checked my pm's :lol:

Edited by Spiderbaby (03/26/09 04:50 PM)

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Spiderbaby]
    #10047272 - 03/26/09 04:49 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

He's also not , but thank god the media was able make it so the american people only had 2 choices to choose from rather than letting other options have a chance.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047292 - 03/26/09 04:52 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

blame the american people for that, all those ron paul supporters
that decided to vote obama when RP dropped his campaign as opposed
to finding a suitable candidate they voted for 'the lesser evil'

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10047306 - 03/26/09 04:53 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
What's more important, legalizing cannabis or having Obama for 8 years?

LOL

I would vote for legalization without a second thought for Obama.

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047316 - 03/26/09 04:55 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I blame the american people for not thinking for themselves, and this past election clearly showed that the media controls most people. Ron Paul was a much more viable, coherent, and all around better choice than John McCain, but in all honesty I believe McCain was given the nomination so that Obama would pretty much be uncontested. McC never had a chance, and the final nail in the coffin was Sarah Palin.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047386 - 03/26/09 05:05 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

palin wasnt a bad choice but as you said, the media heavily
influences the voters of america, it's obvious that you were duped
by them to... are you aware that sarah palin was actually the same
choice the Ron Paul had for his VP pick...

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047439 - 03/26/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I was not aware of that, but after doing brief googling, i found that she was mentioned as a possible VP Pick for in 2007.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047469 - 03/26/09 05:14 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

see... I did a bit of reading on the candidates from the time they
announced their intent until the election was over... if Ron Paul
was eyeballing Palin, could she have been as bad as the media made
her out to be?

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047521 - 03/26/09 05:20 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Eh, I don't think she was necessarily bad, but she didn't help McCain at all except for the fact that she has a vagina.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047556 - 03/26/09 05:23 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

the election as the media presented it was

Good vs. Evil
Jesus vs. Satan
Obama Vs. Palin

no one knew anyone else was running

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047596 - 03/26/09 05:28 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

i wish there was such thing as non-biased media :shrug: The Onion is the closest thing we've got.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047606 - 03/26/09 05:29 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10047626 - 03/26/09 05:33 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

that's news I can trust

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #10047849 - 03/26/09 06:03 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

“There was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation, and I don’t know what this says about the online audience ,” Mr.Obama said, drawing a laugh. He said he wanted to make sure the question got answered. “The answer is no, I don’t think that was a good strategy.”

What DOES it say about the online audience? That there is somehow a distinction between the online audience(which do not matter) and the real people? :rolleyes:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#10047885 - 03/26/09 06:09 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Lol thats fucking awesome. You know our society is desensitized when you hear someone say. I wanted my victims face to be unrecognizable. But its ok I unlike a ton of others who want to ban guns and the like have come to terms with the issues of violence. Our world is violent. Their will always be a war/fighting. Evil is apparent in everyone of our souls. Might as well accept it. So in order to prevent violence sometimes violence is necessary. Aka thats why I have guns. To protect myself and others if possible from this violent world.

--------------------

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Enthrall]
    #10047910 - 03/26/09 06:13 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Lol thats fucking awesome. You know our society is desensitized when you hear someone say. I wanted my victims face to be unrecognizable. But its ok I unlike a ton of others who want to ban guns and the like have come to terms with the issues of violence. Our world is violent. Their will always be a war/fighting. Evil is apparent in everyone of our souls. Might as well accept it. So in order to prevent violence sometimes violence is necessary. Aka thats why I have guns. To protect myself and others if possible from this violent world.

You didn't think this was real.. did you?

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #10047914 - 03/26/09 06:13 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

The_Ghost said:
What DOES it say about the online audience?

given that the poll was done online, it says the majority of people want to see marijuana legalized

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10047974 - 03/26/09 06:23 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

next question for obama... "Mr. President, do you have som much
contempt for the people that elected you that you'll
disregard any and all attempts to get through to you what WE THE
PEOPLE want, are you so stupid as to believe we will stop with
simply hearing "NO" to what has been consistently the top
question each time you've opened yourself up to our voice,
you've promised change, we've told you the change we want to see
and you've continually taken an oppositional stand, so please
Mr. President, ask your great and wise teleprompter to guide
your answers as it certainly seems you cant give an answer
without offending everyone, what do you have to say for yourself"

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10048118 - 03/26/09 06:44 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I was watching the thing and I'm pretty sure he didn't use a teleprompter.  If anything, the townhall event that spawned this thread was designed to counter the conservative bs about using it during speeches and prepared statements.  You know, when tact is demanded of him as an executive.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

Loc: On the eastern edge
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: Ferris]
    #10048215 - 03/26/09 07:01 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Speaking about Ron Paul did anyone see how he just got burned on CNN like Fox News style? CNN was doing a lot of Marijuana reports lately more than most new networks that was just damn embarrassing what they did to him. Even he was pissed at the end guess it was back lash when Obama said he didn't support it so CNN had to follow suit and start discriminating people for speaking out. No Bias/No bull my ass LOL.

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
    #10048251 - 03/26/09 07:07 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

that sob

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: 1upshroom]
    #10048371 - 03/26/09 07:25 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

1upshroom said:
Speaking about Ron Paul did anyone see how he just got burned on CNN like Fox News style? CNN was doing a lot of Marijuana reports lately more than most new networks that was just damn embarrassing what they did to him. Even he was pissed at the end guess it was back lash when Obama said he didn't support it so CNN had to follow suit and start discriminating people for speaking out. No Bias/No bull my ass LOL.

can you get us a link?

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

#10048673 - 03/26/09 08:01 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

1upshroom said:

can you get us a link?

Nah not yet it was just on at 8 so it might take a day before its up on youtube or CNN.

Edited by 1upshroom (03/26/09 08:02 PM)

Offline1upshroom
Plant Collector
Male

#10052078 - 03/27/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Sorry to bump this back up but here's that video you wanted to see they just put it up. This was on CNN last night at 8.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10052285 - 03/27/09 10:06 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

This is depressing.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10052297 - 03/27/09 10:07 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

that guy was a fucking asshole. I hope his whole family dies of cancer and blows up in a plane

Offlinesoldieroffortune
lutenint dan
Male User Gallery

Loc: u.s.a.
    #10052323 - 03/27/09 10:11 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

[/we as a American citizens have rights. alcohol kills hundreds of thousand of ppl a day. what we need to do is stage a huge demonstration make it a planned date    pass it on to your friends for like a month>  they cant control us all thats all that we need is one huge push to get this thing goingIF YOUR DOWN RLY DOWN RESPOND TO MY BLOG if i get enough replies we'll set a date and we will legalize marijuana
STARTING MARIUGNA DEMOSTRTION ARE YOU GONNA HELP OR BE A BITCH
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/27/09 12:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by soldieroffortune (03/27/09 10:25 AM)

Offlinesoldieroffortune
lutenint dan
Male User Gallery

Loc: u.s.a.
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: soldieroffortune]
    #10052422 - 03/27/09 10:28 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

so you  ppl voting no are bitchs shouldnt be on this site and your all fake for not helping this movement

--------------------
put on your golf shoes lazzlo youll never get your footing in this stuff

Offlinebox of rain
Little Bear
Male

Loc: virginia
    #10052507 - 03/27/09 10:43 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I still can't believe he got elected, and people actually thought he would bring change.. well change can mean a whole lot of things, and the majority of them are not good.

If it were not for the all the stupid young people that they sign up to vote, he wouldn't of won, everyone seemed to have forgotten that Obama is a politician and politicians lie, they are professional liars, obama was just a better liar than McCain

Weed will sooner or later be legal, just a matter of time

have a good one

--------------------
If i knew the way i would take you home

"I wasnt talking to you fool, read the fucking post.  I dont need your stupid link, I know how to smoke crack"

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: soldieroffortune]
    #10052750 - 03/27/09 11:17 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

soldieroffortune said:
so you  ppl voting no are bitchs shouldnt be on this site and your all fake for not helping this movement

Leaders can spell

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: box of rain]
    #10053263 - 03/27/09 12:26 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

box of rain said:
Weed will sooner or later be legal, just a matter of time

have a good one

When this happens- that will probably be the most exciting year of America! it still could take a couple of years though, and unfortunately, does not seem like it will happen with Obama. The next election can't come soon enough!

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#10053958 - 03/27/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Wapakz said:
DEA is federal, they are separate from state law. Thus state law enforcement would have taken care of the dispensary. The DEA is federal, not state. So this raid was from Obama's appointee.

No, if it isn't mentioned in the constitution it's up to the states. The whole law about drugs, the federal law at least, is unconstitutional.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#10053997 - 03/27/09 02:11 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Well, that's never stopped the USA before...

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10054023 - 03/27/09 02:14 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I will say it again ,they will do what they want ,when thay want ,the laws are to hold us back ,not them and there is not a thing you can do about it.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#10054930 - 03/27/09 04:27 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Quote:

Wapakz said:

No, if it isn't mentioned in the constitution it's up to the states. The whole law about drugs, the federal law at least, is unconstitutional.

you mean that the establishment of the DEA was up to the states,
where is welfare and food stamps mentioned in the constitution

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10055119 - 03/27/09 04:53 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

citricacidx said:

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change? [Re: shroomzey]
    #10055652 - 03/27/09 06:06 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I see that infowars is opportunistic in who they attack.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds