Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Silversoul]
    #9972710 - 03/14/09 08:00 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
So basically, it's not even about Obama.  It's about the globalist banking powers who are in control regardless of who's president.  An unfalsifiable assumption, it seems to me.  Alex Jones can simply declare any president to be a puppet of the global elite simply by virtue of him being president.

its not only about obama.  but it has to do with the hype behind obama.  did you not see the past election?  they hype behind obama?  people crying and rejoicing more than any election probaly ever.  people feeling like they realy had a part in this new "change"?  the title of the film is, "The Obama Deception".  granted....its not focused mainly on obama.  but where as with GW they tried the tactic of getting most of us to string along with his decisions because they instilled fear in us and we caught on to it and they realized we were catching on, so they figure, ok, lets put a politically correct, well spoken black man in office.  people will eat it up and think they are still the ones apointing the people that will make decisions for them.  so yea, its about "The Obama Deception".  not necesarily all about who Obama is, but more about why they chose him.  they do look into some of his background and stuff but more to point out how preposterous it is to think hes realy "Commander In Chief" and running the country.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9972990 - 03/14/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, except that Alex Jones is full of shit and Obama's decision to run was entirely his own.  No one "chose" him except the voters.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9972995 - 03/14/09 08:47 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

DeadPhan said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
So basically, it's not even about Obama.  It's about the globalist banking powers who are in control regardless of who's president.  An unfalsifiable assumption, it seems to me.  Alex Jones can simply declare any president to be a puppet of the global elite simply by virtue of him being president.

its not only about obama.  but it has to do with the hype behind obama.  did you not see the past election?  they hype behind obama?  people crying and rejoicing more than any election probaly ever.  people feeling like they realy had a part in this new "change"?  the title of the film is, "The Obama Deception".  granted....its not focused mainly on obama.  but where as with GW they tried the tactic of getting most of us to string along with his decisions because they instilled fear in us and we caught on to it and they realized we were catching on, so they figure, ok, lets put a politically correct, well spoken black man in office.  people will eat it up and think they are still the ones apointing the people that will make decisions for them.  so yea, its about "The Obama Deception".  not necesarily all about who Obama is, but more about why they chose him.  they do look into some of his background and stuff but more to point out how preposterous it is to think hes realy "Commander In Chief" and running the country.

You can't have it both ways.

Either Bush was an "NWO" plant who put forth policies to further their agenda or Obama is an NWO plant who will do the same.  But they have pursued radically different agendas, so to say they're both working for the same groups is a little silly.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9973003 - 03/14/09 08:49 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

I'd also like to add that people make a huge deal over nothing when someone says "new world order."  New world order means exactly that:  a world order that is different from the old world order.  I certainly would support a change in the world order.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #9973005 - 03/14/09 08:49 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

DeadPhan said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:

You can't have it both ways.

Either Bush was an "NWO" plant who put forth policies to further their agenda or Obama is an NWO plant who will do the same.  But they have pursued radically different agendas, so to say they're both working for the same groups is a little silly.

They are  both working for the reptilians.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9973128 - 03/14/09 09:24 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Yes, I'm aware you believe this, I'm saying it's illogical.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #9973241 - 03/14/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

It`s not like it is a secret who runs the show.......oil/pharms/banks....all presidents conform to those powers...shure we elect a new figurehead......but the ones that pull the strings have not changed.

It is very apparent in the laws and documented court cases where these entities were protected time after time.
The entire network is connected in one way or another,look at all the laws in place to protect these big 3. 

The only reason these ideas can be portrayed as conspiracy is because of the level people are informed ,which is very low,mostly rumors and he said ,she said bullshit....very few people stay informed enuff to see these big 3 at work,those who do believe its a conspiracy is because they simply have never heard of it and that means its been covered up...:nonono:

NWO is 30 years old and has been used by thousands of people,now its common information that people can feed off of,we never knew before this before ,soo it must be a cover up or conspiracy.
Lack of knowledge is no grounds for conspiracy.

Having said that ,I like Alex jones,hes a loon ,but his info is usually correct ,not his opinions ,his valid data.I like the way he creates a air of doom and conspiracy around his topics..........:rofl2:

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: unretarded]
    #9973257 - 03/14/09 09:52 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

oil/pharms/banks

Is that why huge banks are failing and oil prices have plummeted to the lowest price in years?

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: mathewww]
    #9973258 - 03/14/09 09:52 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

I made it through the first 10 minutes of randomly strung together film splices, and sound bites, then turned it off.

It's setup is absurdly paranoid. And I can't sit through anything that ridiculous.

LOL, If Alex Jones thinks he's the Micheal Moore of the Right, he needs to think again.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9973438 - 03/14/09 10:13 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

I don't know if I will watch it but for anyone that has seen this:

Is there any interesting info on Obama ? Curious if this film has good points on Obama. 

Honestly I am starting to get very negative vibes from Obama- I think he is possible going to fuck over wealthy people and start socializing everything. I'm a little nervous to be honest.  He also seems like he his still campaigning instead of actually getting anything done.  And I think the stimulus package is fucking retarded.

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9973447 - 03/14/09 10:14 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

oil/pharms/banks

Is that why huge banks are failing and oil prices have plummeted to the lowest price in years?

Thats another side to the coin.We the people pulled that one off all on our own ,well with a little loan anyway;)
Speculation and greed I would say is the main problems that caused that.
They may be in trouble ,but look at all the help they get,along with the biggest consumers of 2 of those....cars....They use lots of oil and make up a good percentage of the loans.
  Oil and banks have been pulling these stunts for years and its alway worse this time than the last.
    There is no conspiracy ,thats just the way it works.
All available resources will be drained to keep those 2 alive.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: unretarded]
    #9973984 - 03/14/09 11:49 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Yes, but why does that imply they are pulling the strings?
You could easily phrase this as: The government is going to save corporations which are integral to the country (banks) and by virtue of that, car manufacturers.
Born of importance, not of ulterior motives.

The government is going to try and solve the problem, and in order to do so, they're going to have to make choices on what will work, and how they can use as little money as possible to accomplish the goal.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Kickle]
    #9974000 - 03/14/09 11:53 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

I would say that if anything there is a conspiracy of ignorance.  Obama's not trust advice from people who think too much outside the box, so the solutions he implements are going to be conventional ones supported by mainstream economists, who unwittingly serve the interests of the banking elite, who helped shape economic theory.

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#9974233 - 03/15/09 12:36 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I would say that if anything there is a conspiracy of ignorance.  Obama's not trust advice from people who think too much outside the box, so the solutions he implements are going to be conventional ones supported by mainstream economists, who unwittingly serve the interests of the banking elite, who helped shape economic theory.

QFT

Thats where the conspiracy stems from ,people are quick to think if they dont know ,its being covered up,when the facts are they simply just did not know or understand.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #9974324 - 03/15/09 01:00 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
and how the global depression has been designed to make us all indebted to the banksters.

This is why I don't like Alex Jones.

Everything that occurs in the world is the result of a scheme where someone is in control.

What has occurred in the global depression is the result of very sophisticated economics.

The thing is, bankers hate the idea of people staying in debt to them. The banks hate the fact that people aren't able to pay back their mortgages. It means they don't get the money that they lent, back. This puts a strain on the interest rates and forces them to be so high that nobody wants to borrow money (interest rates often are based on how risky the loan so that there is a reward for the bank taking a chance).

Really, what's going on is making things worse for the wealthy. The value of currency is depreciating, which makes all these wealthy guys lose value in all that money that they have.

Not only that, but being in debt to a bank is meaningless if nobody has any money. The money becomes worthless. So the idea that there is a grand scheme to make everyone but a select few in debt is just absurd.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Twirling]
    #9974348 - 03/15/09 01:04 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
The thing is, bankers hate the idea of people staying in debt to them.

Well, sort of.  Bankers hate when a bunch of people aren't able to pay off their loans.  Though if some people default on their mortgage, the bank gets the house, so it's not that big a loss.  But if everyone paid off their debt, we'd be fucked.  You know why?  Because our money is created by debt.  No debt = no money

Nonetheless, you are basically correct that this crisis is not at all in the interest of the banks.  However, solving the problem in the long term would mean really going against the banks' interests.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#9974429 - 03/15/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Twirling said:
The thing is, bankers hate the idea of people staying in debt to them.

Well, sort of.  Bankers hate when a bunch of people aren't able to pay off their loans.  Though if some people default on their mortgage, the bank gets the house, so it's not that big a loss.  But if everyone paid off their debt, we'd be fucked.  You know why?  Because our money is created by debt.  No debt = no money

Yar, I realized there was a lot of context to what I was saying, but didn't want to create a longer post by explaining "Well, there are cases where staying in debt is good, and here's why..." I originally wrote "banks hate the idea of people being in debt to them" and changed it cause I realized that I wanted to communicate the difference staying in debt, and being in debt (and yeah, banks love it when people stay in debt over long periods of time and basically are only able to pay off the interest on a loan + the minimum payment, it's the very reason why banks loan in the first place).

And yeah, paying off all debts would be terrible too. Banks make their money by investing it and having people owe them more money than they originally lent out.

But there's one thing you're leaving out in regards to banks foreclosing - the amount of people who are being foreclosed on really wreaks their investments because it also means the housing market is over saturated with homes that nobody can afford to take more loans on. This then drives down the price of the homes to be competitive, and that means the houses being foreclosed on are worth a lot less than what the bank originally paid for it. I'm sure you know all that, just figured I'd mention it if we're being thorough.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#9974490 - 03/15/09 01:38 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Oh, and it kind of occured to me that I wanted to add one more thing:

Quote:

Silversoul said:Nonetheless, you are basically correct that this crisis is not at all in the interest of the banks. However, solving the problem in the long term would mean really going against the banks' interests.

Not entirely. The banking industry is having trouble because all of their assets which were once worth a lot, now are worth very little because there is no market for it. Also, a lot of people would take out loans from banks for the purpose of investing it in the stock market (professionals, not the typical person). Since the value of stocks has plummeted, it means that those people are also unable to pay back their loans. They planned on making more than the interest rate so they could easily pay back their loans, but if the stock drops like a rock, it means the money the bank loaned is also gone. In this case, there isn't a house to foreclose upon (there are other examples like this, but I prefer not to ramble too much).

So fixing it long term might depend on what you mean. Fixing it in the sense that nobody wants loans, yes, that would be bad. But the current situation is that loans are too risky to give out. That's what needs to be fixed (as long as it's not so sound that the lack of risk causes interest rates to be too low to be growth for the bank).

Obviously, this discussion proves that it's very hard to make blanket statements about the economy because there are so many different ways a statement can be applied and the economy is too intricate for that. That's really my point, of course, the idea that some group is behind this becomes absurd when you look at how complex the mechanisms are.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#9975884 - 03/15/09 11:50 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Fixing it in the long term would mean nationalizing our currency(taking the power to create money away from the banks and putting it the hands of the federal government).  It would also mean banning derivatives, or at least drastically regulating them.  We might even have to nationalize the banks themselves.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#9983857 - 03/16/09 06:05 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

good video overall

im not so sure about how truthful some of the details are but the main message is spot on

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom