Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Loc: TN
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: anyone420]
    #9984207 - 03/16/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

So I haven't watched Obama deception yet, but I think its not entirely relevant. I have been up and down the conspiricy road so many times. My best friend is pretty fucking obsessed, and works for him in a backwards type of way, making him more nuts about him.

I have seen all the films, and listened to many, many shows. He's an ENTERTAINER PEOPLE!! A DVD peddler at best. In no way should you take him seriously. Sure, many of his facts ARE true. BUT, its his decision to draw the parallels and write the script. Thats really the way you should look at it. I can make a pretty good case that Obama has an evil third testicle.. doesn't make it true.

I think what annoys me the most is that people actually believe there is a small group of people who "rule" the world, and plan to take it over. Its a modern myth, built into our brains since man has began writing. There is always the evil power, plotting to take over the world. Is it any suprise our minds have evolved in such a way that we can really piece together an elaborate myth. To think that even 5 of the richest most powerful guys could get along well enough to plan some world dictatorship is absolutly proposturous... and paranoid.

Terence had a good quote... he said, "its very conveinent to think that the masons, or aliens, or NWO, or whatever are behind all the pain and suffereing, and freakin BS in our society.... but the real scary thing is... NO ONE IS IN CONTROL. Its freakin chaos, and no one is driving.

That being said, Jones can be entertaining if thats your deal... just take it with a grain of salt and lighten up. This guy is running a pretty profitable business selling these ideas. Its a conspiracy within a conspiricy!! <- thats a joke!

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9984435 - 03/16/09 07:34 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

The movie didn't seem to enjoy citing facts or statistics within the first 30 minutes, so I turned it off.

"But Wapakz" you retort, "stats and facts are all governed by organizations funded by such and such and green-lighted by such and such, who are all in on it".

Well either get stats or gtfo. I don't need to spend 2 hours listening to one guy's crazy rant about how shit's run in the form of a low-quality documentary. There's already a million of those.

--------------------

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Head Space]
    #9984633 - 03/16/09 08:03 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
So I haven't watched Obama deception yet, but I think its not entirely relevant. I have been up and down the conspiricy road so many times. My best friend is pretty fucking obsessed, and works for him in a backwards type of way, making him more nuts about him.

I have seen all the films, and listened to many, many shows. He's an ENTERTAINER PEOPLE!! A DVD peddler at best. In no way should you take him seriously. Sure, many of his facts ARE true. BUT, its his decision to draw the parallels and write the script. Thats really the way you should look at it. I can make a pretty good case that Obama has an evil third testicle.. doesn't make it true.

I think what annoys me the most is that people actually believe there is a small group of people who "rule" the world, and plan to take it over. Its a modern myth, built into our brains since man has began writing. There is always the evil power, plotting to take over the world. Is it any suprise our minds have evolved in such a way that we can really piece together an elaborate myth. To think that even 5 of the richest most powerful guys could get along well enough to plan some world dictatorship is absolutly proposturous... and paranoid.

Terence had a good quote... he said, "its very conveinent to think that the masons, or aliens, or NWO, or whatever are behind all the pain and suffereing, and freakin BS in our society.... but the real scary thing is... NO ONE IS IN CONTROL. Its freakin chaos, and no one is driving.

That being said, Jones can be entertaining if thats your deal... just take it with a grain of salt and lighten up. This guy is running a pretty profitable business selling these ideas. Its a conspiracy within a conspiricy!! <- thats a joke!

good post.  i used to be mr. tinfoil myself, then i eventually realized just what you said.  and let's say the select few "rulers" of the world achieve their master plan.  what the fuck will they do then?  why would they want total power of the world?  they've got enough cash to do anything they want now.

i can't help but think of the cartoons i used to watch as a kid.  you know the ones where the evil villain claims that once he defeats **insert superhero name**, then "I WILL RULE THE WORLD.  MUAHAHAHAAHA!!!".

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9985110 - 03/16/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Pretty good movie.  pretty fucking depressing too.  I think its pretty bad how americans just keep buying into the same "We're royally fucking you"

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9985136 - 03/16/09 09:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

People always come up with the "Why would a few people want a new world order, why do they want to control the world?"

A:  Because they can.  There have always been people trying to take over the world, and then a small few come up with the biggest scam ever invented (central banking system) and then people are like WHY???  Its pretty fucking simple.  Because they can, why does it shock people.  Read a fucking history book, people trying to achieve world power not an uncommon theme.  Just wake up and realize that what your being told prolly is a bunch of bullshit, your ego tries to compensate for the situation in its defense mechenism called denial.  And if you haven't taken a psychology class, denial is

Denial:

Denial: Refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening; arguing against an anxiety-provoking stimulus by stating it doesn't exist; resolution of emotional conflict and reduction of anxiety by refusing to perceive or consciously acknowledge the more unpleasant aspects of external reality.

I'm sorry to be offending people like normal that think its tinfoil, its not tinfoil its pretty legitimate imo.  There is nothing wrong with questioning authority.  Its when you give up and take the easier route of just agreeing with cultural to obey the same people that have been jamming their fist in your ass the past 5 decades.  Something does need to be done.  And even if this is all lies and there is no conspiracy, then i am truly saddened by the american people that they keep maniging to put "smart" people who graduate from elite colleges such as harvard/princton and are apart of some shady organizations that have no motive to make them selves richer.  Then they're doing a fucking horrible job.

--------------------

Edited by Cognitive_Shift (03/16/09 09:18 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9985270 - 03/16/09 09:22 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

If anyone actually had significant control over anything, we wouldn't be in the absolute mess we are in right now.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9985585 - 03/16/09 10:03 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Which mess?  Economic situation?  Wars against in-tangible enemies which are designed to last eternally?  The constitution being shit all over?  The elimination of civil liberties and the approvment of the FISA courts?

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#9985619 - 03/16/09 10:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Giant boobies mandated by law?

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: anyone420]
    #9985665 - 03/16/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Which mess?  Economic situation?  Wars against in-tangible enemies which are designed to last eternally?  The constitution being shit all over?  The elimination of civil liberties and the approvment of the FISA courts?

Dude, you think any of that is new??? Seriously, you said read a fucking history book. Thats all history is! This has happening hundreds of times before. You give these guys way too much credit. Your letting your imagination fill in the gaps. Humans are flawed. Most of these so called people in "power" think they are doing good. They're ignorant really. At the end of the day its all about the buck man...

Now silence him! And take him to the underground layer!  :bowserwins:

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9985668 - 03/16/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

When did i say any of that was new?

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9985674 - 03/16/09 10:16 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Your letting your imagination fill in the gaps.

Please explain where im filling in gaps with my imagination?

--------------------

Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06

#9985682 - 03/16/09 10:18 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

While I don't think that corporations and governments have any grand, overarching plot to dominate the world, I do think there they're involved in plenty of secretive activities to consolidate power and make money. Most top politicians were lawyers, CEOs, or in other corporate entrenched positions, so there is a strong element of common interest between the two and it's no coincidence that our laws are designed mainly for corporate gain, with concessions made only when there is enough public unrest that there is no other choice.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: iamconfused]
    #9985717 - 03/16/09 10:21 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah but if you can scare your public enough, you can have them feeding right out of the palm of your hand.  While i don't necessarily think 100% that this is, for a fact the way Alex Jones explained it IS happening.  I do think its a good idea to question authority.  Because the authority already has its fist in our ass.

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Redstorm]
    #9985740 - 03/16/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
If anyone actually had significant control over anything, we wouldn't be in the absolute mess we are in right now.

Nobody is really in controll of anything, but they can direct the flow of events towards thier side.

And thats assuming that they even care if you are in a mess ,they dont.

I have worked for ones in power with money ,they feel you are not worthy to even shit on thier toilet.

We are considered worker garbage and are a pest to thier existance,they would care very little if about half of us were dead.

I worked in Montecito california for over 4 years for these people ,I know them all too well....they are not all like that ,but I would say about 90 percent are.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

#9985754 - 03/16/09 10:26 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Please explain where im filling in gaps with my imagination?

You assume a person, or group of persons are trying to take over the world. There is no proof. Its more likely, that there ARE people with these aspirations, that might even be in a position to seriously affect the world. But in the greater scheme of things, how really possible is it? It seems far more likely that its just people being people, making descisions based on greed, or the will to power, but to assume its a highly calculated grand conspiracy as Jones illustrates would be nothing short of magical. He draws connection that aren't necessarily there.. i.e. filling in the gaps.

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #9985926 - 03/16/09 10:49 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

iamconfused said:
Quote:

While I don't think that corporations and governments have any grand, overarching plot to dominate the world, I do think there they're involved in plenty of secretive activities to consolidate power and make money. Most top politicians were lawyers, CEOs, or in other corporate entrenched positions, so there is a strong element of common interest between the two and it's no coincidence that our laws are designed mainly for corporate gain, with concessions made only when there is enough public unrest that there is no other choice.

I agree, this is one of the most relevent posts in this discussion!

I just watched the movie and completely agree that it is well researched but overly paranoid. It had very little to do with Obama...

I agree there are greedy rich people protecting their interests and perhaps manipulating behind the scenes of American politics which in turn meddles in world politics. However, Alex Jones blows it sooo out of proportion and towards the end of the movie he jumps to major conclusions about the future which i DO NOT think will happen. Alex Jones takes things out of context and distorts the truth alot.

To whoever suggested rebutting his argument with thoroughly researched counter argument, i Say: "i am not making a living off selling films, i do not have the time or resources to put together my own documentary called "obamas OK, we are free, everything will be ok.""

Also - WTF is up with Jones's people Denying Global Warming? - i think what he said about it is complete hogwash. To deny global warming as a Hoax instated by a malevolent secret society planning to take over the world in order to collect taxes. Thats  just ignorant!

+ then towards the end they have the historian fellow talking about fascism in Russia, Germany and China, and then relating the situation in America to the genocides in said countries... GIVE ME A BREAK. Near the end of the segment the historian says "i pray it wont happen in America" (paraphrase) -- OK conspiracy nuts - you think genoicide is going to happen in America.

Fuck...

Although i admit that there are manipulative influences which are beyond observation by we the people - i think Obama is generally a good guy and will do some beneficial things for human rights. Im super stoked on his new Drug Czar and relaxed/revised drug policies...

The agenda being pushed in America is scary - but its beyond Obama.

Overall though he is trying to bring to light some important issues. He just does it in an immature/holier than thou and confrontational way.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: PDU]
    #9985964 - 03/16/09 10:54 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

The agenda being pushed in America is scary - but its beyond Obama.

Overall though he is trying to bring to light some important issues. He just does it in an immature/holier than thou and confrontational way.

:logic:

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #9986055 - 03/16/09 11:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

shit man, i just watched the first half an hour of that movie.. got to the part with the reporter....

:facepalm:

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #9986393 - 03/17/09 12:12 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

When that guy said global warming is a psuedo-science, i just shit my self.  I have taken a lot of classes that at one point focus of global warming and that guy is full of shit.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #9986533 - 03/17/09 12:41 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
When that guy said global warming is a psuedo-science, i just shit my self.  I have taken a lot of classes that at one point focus of global warming and that guy is full of shit.

Totally - by associating oneself with such quackery quickly devalidates most of Alex Jones's opinions.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies