Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: PDU]
    #9986542 - 03/17/09 12:44 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I thought there was some good stuff in there, and other stuff just straight up :tinfoil:  :morefoil:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebloomersooner
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Head Space]
    #9986586 - 03/17/09 12:55 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Quote:

Please explain where im filling in gaps with my imagination?

You assume a person, or group of persons are trying to take over the world. There is no proof. Its more likely, that there ARE people with these aspirations, that might even be in a position to seriously affect the world. But in the greater scheme of things, how really possible is it? It seems far more likely that its just people being people, making descisions based on greed, or the will to power, but to assume its a highly calculated grand conspiracy as Jones illustrates would be nothing short of magical. He draws connection that aren't necessarily there.. i.e. filling in the gaps.

as far as Alex Jones is concerned, He's been involved with uncovering these psycho's his entire life. You, may have watched maybe 24hours worth of footage concerning it and think they made some stretch of the truth. His credibility is good enough, not to mention he involves an undeniable amount of proof, in form of solid evidence and testimony from other people.

You obviously don't understand the psyche involved with these power and murder hungry people.(my direct ancestors were these people until one of them heroically opposed and went to help colonize the U.S. Being a founder of one of the states, after being annexed from a religion biased state) A good chunk of them are actually religiously obsessed(most of them derived from ancient egypt) with controlling masses of population and always leads to genocide type results. But history shows that eventually, revolutionary events happen. But the main problem is that the highest powered creeps, use puppets.( The evidence is obvious there) the puppets get scolded, but the most powerful usually survive. Their philosophy reigns on and history repeats.

They use psychology(and money) to swade people agaisnt eachother. and rewrite history books. Its much more complicated then them just pushing buttons and knowing the outcome and BAM! I control the world!. and if they just wanted enough money to be set for life, this wouldn't be any issue. I think I'll stop pointing out the obvious. But you have to understand their mindset, they want to be like gods.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: bloomersooner]
    #9987193 - 03/17/09 07:22 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

:albundy:

--------------------

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Loc: TN
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9991081 - 03/17/09 07:34 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Head Space said:
Quote:

Please explain where im filling in gaps with my imagination?

You assume a person, or group of persons are trying to take over the world. There is no proof. Its more likely, that there ARE people with these aspirations, that might even be in a position to seriously affect the world. But in the greater scheme of things, how really possible is it? It seems far more likely that its just people being people, making descisions based on greed, or the will to power, but to assume its a highly calculated grand conspiracy as Jones illustrates would be nothing short of magical. He draws connection that aren't necessarily there.. i.e. filling in the gaps.

as far as Alex Jones is concerned, He's been involved with uncovering these psycho's his entire life. You, may have watched maybe 24hours worth of footage concerning it and think they made some stretch of the truth. His credibility is good enough, not to mention he involves an undeniable amount of proof, in form of solid evidence and testimony from other people.

You obviously don't understand the psyche involved with these power and murder hungry people.(my direct ancestors were these people until one of them heroically opposed and went to help colonize the U.S. Being a founder of one of the states, after being annexed from a religion biased state) A good chunk of them are actually religiously obsessed(most of them derived from ancient egypt) with controlling masses of population and always leads to genocide type results. But history shows that eventually, revolutionary events happen. But the main problem is that the highest powered creeps, use puppets.( The evidence is obvious there) the puppets get scolded, but the most powerful usually survive. Their philosophy reigns on and history repeats.

They use psychology(and money) to swade people agaisnt eachother. and rewrite history books. Its much more complicated then them just pushing buttons and knowing the outcome and BAM! I control the world!. and if they just wanted enough money to be set for life, this wouldn't be any issue. I think I'll stop pointing out the obvious. But you have to understand their mindset, they want to be like gods.

After this I am letting this thread die.. i hope...

Put this in your pipe and smoke it. Here is Alex Jones headspace. He has a job. That job is puttin on a radio show, that entertains people to some extent, and informs people. He has websites, and movies.. of course ad supported, and requiring you to pay for them. Its a job. Obama Deception is nothing more than a continuation of his 9-5. He makes money off selling this stuff to relatively gullible people. I'm sorry. But don't put all you eggs into one basket. To think that a group of people (HUMANS!) can put together this massive consipiracy is crazy talk. ANyone who's eaten their fair share of psychedelics should realize that whats going on on this planet is much bigger than any person or group of people. Don't forget, dude still has to pay bills..... even if Bush is gone. Which leads me to my next poitn, he owes Bush. This type of crap who never have been palateable had W not fucked up so bad.

Quote:

His credibility is good enough, not to mention he involves an undeniable amount of proof, in form of solid evidence and testimony from other people.

He's not a credible source. Ever hear of peer reviewed research? A credible reporter only reports FACT, verifiable facts... without spin. Shit, Jones has less credibility than BIll O'reilly. Why? Because JOnes uses fear. Deductive reasoning is really what is credible.

I have given Jones a chance, I really have. But at the end of all his movies I am left thinking, eh, not really PROVEN. Its not hard to get a group of people who think like you to give a couple words (Rogan, Willie Nelson, etc), but who says they know anything we dont? You choose to from your own reality, if you want to walk around in fear, your really no better than sheep you hope to liberate.

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9991099 - 03/17/09 07:37 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

A credible reporter only reports FACT

Who do you refer to as credible?

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinemathewww
Lurker.
Male

Loc: Seattle, Cascadia.
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9991174 - 03/17/09 07:49 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Granted, Alex Jones is a radio-show host and an entertainer, he still does firmly and sincerely believe what he preaches.

There's a lot of people that believe these theories of New World Order, Federal Reserve corruption, 9/11 as an inside job, etc. etc.

--------------------

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Loc: TN
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: mathewww]
    #9991890 - 03/17/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

Ever listen to NPR?

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

Offlinebloomersooner
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9992380 - 03/17/09 11:20 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

I feel really sorry for you Head Space. You are the people that are shown the evidence. obviously dont grasp the material and/or dont research enough. And CHOOSE to deny the facts right in front of you. I believe the fear is exactly what youre exhibiting. Knowing the truth is liberating and to accept it and decide to not give in, is nothing but courageous. those folks that accept it will end up being the ones who could have saved you, or your children and grandchildren. You abolished any credibility in your arguments by stating that O'Reilly is more credible than Jones. They have won you over. Your obviously their perfect demographic in their psychology. They don't have to work hard to win over the average sheep, who dont bother to hear the other side of the story. But their ingenius techniques got you. O'reilly. lol. I guess if Alex Jones spends his entire time involved with making videos and doing radio shows, he shouldn't be allowed to pay for food for his family or pay a mortgage.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #9992801 - 03/18/09 12:55 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Quote:

I have given Jones a chance, I really have. But at the end of all his movies I am left thinking, eh, not really PROVEN. Its not hard to get a group of people who think like you to give a couple words (Rogan, Willie Nelson, etc), but who says they know anything we dont? You choose to from your own reality, if you want to walk around in fear, your really no better than sheep you hope to liberate.

If Jones was credible he would have better collaborators in his movies than a dude from Public Enemy, KRS one, and willie nelson.

Did you even hear what they said?

The guy is waaay too paranoid + its funny, because i know people who buy into his shit soo much. I dont think his Conclusions would ever stand upto a thorough objective investigation, Unfortunatlely i do not have the time to do it myself....

Headspace makes alot of sense.

(that said, i fully support the idea of abolishing capitalism, protesting globalization, using indie media, and being as informed as possible about everything.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: PDU]
    #10007574 - 03/20/09 12:26 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

The Obama Deception (DVD Review)
http://freedomarizona.org/2009/03/13/the-obama-deception-dvd-review/
2009 March 13
by John Paul Mitchell

The first question I ask myself after watching any movie, documentary, or video is this:

Would I watch that again?

In the case of The Obama Deception, I absolutely would. Not only would I buy the DVD and watch it in full detail, I’d also tell others about it and offer to lend them my DVD copy.

The Obama Deception, a new Alex Jones documentary, is a hard-hitting piece, full of details on how Barack H. Obama is secretly controlled by an international ring of bankers and businessmen. This ring of terrorists and thugs is the same Illumunati group who seeks to start a New World Order. They’ve already hi-jacked our world and are in full control.

Obama, as the newly-elected President of the United States, through their intervention and control, is the Illumaniti new posterchild and puppet. At least, this is how director Alex Jones paints the picture for his documentary viewers. And with my own independent studies and sources, I would have to wholeheartedly agree.

I genienly believe President Barack Obama to be a good man inside, but I feel he is seeking his moments of fame and power, which the international bankers are taking advantage of. The banksters already control him and this is made apparent in The Obama Deception.

Alex Jones shows many important things, including Barack Obama’s true agenda in office. Here is 9 points listed in the film:

1. Bring the United States under the control of a powerful offshore super bank known as the Bank of the World.

The agenda includes thousands of taxes on everyday items, including, but not limited to, lightbulbs, water, meat, travel, and carbon taxes on every man, woman, and child. They will use global warming and climate change hoax as tools to trick Americans into paying more taxes than ever before. The collected taxes will be poured into the offshore super bank, straight into the pockets of the super wealthy who rule this planet.

2. Institute a Civilian National Security Force and Youth Brigades with a 1 million-plus membership.

Rahm Emanuel, Obama’s right-hand man, is fully supporting and helping to push through legislation to start this civilian force that will report directly to the President of the United States, whether it be Obama or another puppet working directly for the banksters. The website USAService.org is a front for recruiting members into this civilian security force.

Membership and participation will be mandatory for all American citizens ages 18 to 24, and may be extended to senior citizens and other working adults. Not matter your age, don’t expect to get out of service easily. Regardless, our youth will be conscripted for service and forced into a physical slavery our country hasn’t seen since the times of Abraham Lincoln.

3. Disarm and control the guns in America.

Obama operatives in the Congress have already introduced 10 bills, if passed, will strip Americans of their 2nd Amendment rights to bare and arm weapons for security, protection, and defense. This is a direct attack on the Constitution of the United States of America. White House Chief-of-Staff Rahm Emanuel and U.S Attorney General Eric Holder are big supporters of the proposed legislation and want Americans to never pick up a weapon again.

4. Massive restrictions on the 1st Amendment of free speech.

The President, Congress, and the FCC have announced plans to limit speech on radio, television, and the internet. They are calling this agenda “fairness in speech.”

5. Federalize health care in America.

The federal government, with this agenda, will be able to dictate what kind of health care each citizen is to receive, when they can have their medicines, and be further taxed on providing a national health care system. It will be modeled after the British health care system and restrict what kind of medical procedures can be provided to patients.

6. Expand the efforts of the Department of Defense.

Obama wants to expand the reach of the U.S. military by encircling Russia, China, and Africa. Americans will be further taxed and their money poured into the U.S. war machine to impose the international bankers’ rule of law on other countries. Expect to see Africacom (United States Africa Command) and Africans employed in mandatory military service by President Obama, or his successor.

7. Radically expand federal control over family farms and ranches.

8. Accelerate the merger of Canada, Mexico, and America as the North American Union.

9. Obama must pay the part of President of the United States to serve the bankers’ agenda.

There is so much useful knowledge in this documentary, it’s hard to write about it all. For those who regularly follow Alex Jones, his websites, and his talk show, much of this information you’ve already read or heard. However, it’s a great documentary for those who have no idea that Obama is the puppet President of the Illumunati.

My personal opinion:

Buy “The Obama Deception” right now!

Quote:

Movie Review: The Obama Deception
A review of the new movie, The Obama Deception, from Alex Jones.
http://www.nolanchart.com/article6163.html
by John Kusumi (centrist liberal) Friday, March 20, 2009

For my fellow Americans who don't know what's been going on, there is such a thing as the red pill genre of news and information. The term "red pill" comes from a movie, The Matrix, where a character can choose a red pill to disconnect from the matrix, or a blue pill to remain blissfully ignorant of the matrix -- even forgetting the opportunity to choose one pill or the other.

While The Matrix was a fictional movie, The Obama Deception is not. People such as President Barack Obama, Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, and Press Secretary Robert Gibbs would dearly love to call the movie fictional, but they are not disinterested parties because they are subjects of treatment in the movie. The Obama Deception places them on the hot seat, and they might call the movie "insulting," "slander," "libel," or "defamation of character."

Ah, but this is America. The law would protect an Anonymous Joe against slander, libel, and defamation. But, for public figures, our system allows debate and discussion, consistent with political free speech as assured by the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment. Public figures cannot win cases for slander, libel, and defamation, unless they also prove a fourth factor: malice. And when a call is borderline, the First Amendment protections weigh very heavily. At least in some previous years, the American system has strongly protected its free speech rights.

So every now and then, something is released like Michael Moore's Farenheit 911, or now Alex Jones' The Obama Deception. These are examples of the red pill genre. Red pill material posits that most people are plugged into a matrix, where everyday life is a controlled experience because we are surrounded by the masses of people who are brainwashed by disinformation and propaganda. Most people are creatures of habit, not critical thinkers, and hence their responses come from habits inculcated, and rules of thumb that are promulgated, by the society around them.

If that were the extent of the proposition, I would say "there's something to it," and add that Madison Avenue has highly developed the techniques of marketing, advertising, and public relations. I've had first hand experience working on 'Madison Avenue,' and in political campaigns. (In my case, 'Madison Avenue' needs scare quotes, because N.W. Ayer -- my former and now-defunct agency -- was literally on Sixth Avenue in New York City.) In fact, propaganda and spin are their own highly refined disciplines. Political strategists won't deny it, so there is essential plausibility for the tenets of the red pill genre.

Alex Jones takes it a bit farther, by uncovering hideous evil (whether real or perceived), naming names, and ascribing evil intentions to those he names. In some ways, this is inconvenient, because I have Obama criticism that comes from a different angle. My angle is "the politics of practical idealism" and I would prefer to think of it as "no pill" politics. What if I don't have to swallow either a blue or a red pill? I think of our scene as inconvenient, because the other side -- the Obama administration -- would love to conflate all of its critics together and use broad brush strokes to tar them simultaneously.

Personally, I think there are enormous differences between Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, and John Kusumi. But there is a man called Robert Gibbs -- perhaps I'll nickname him Robert Glibs -- who would like to be dismissive of all administration critics. Well, the paint fight comes later. First, here, I'm rendering my own review of the movie.

An essential premise of the movie is that while Obama occupies the throne, real power rests elsewhere. Private bankers, the Federal Reserve, and Wall Street are a financial cabal, and they buy the candidate of their choice. The movie includes another narrative, in which power goes from the Bilderberg group to the Trilateral Commission to the Council on Foreign Relations. And as a willing stooge, Barack Obama rewards these groups by packing his administration and cabinet with people from Wall Street and the Council on Foreign Relations. Then he proceeds to break myriad campaign promises, on the road to implementing a "globalist agenda."

I see some aspects that are disturbing on both sides -- for viewers, and for the Obama administration. Review this quote from the paragraph above: "Obama rewards these groups by packing his administration and cabinet with people from Wall Street and the Council on Foreign Relations. Then he proceeds to break myriad campaign promises". What's disturbing is that this part of the movie is clearly non-fiction and accurate. The President's own behavior validates, or punches the ticket, of The Obama Deception. It reflects and reports his real life behavior. It's disturbing, because it makes the movie all the harder to dismiss. Barack Obama, you are being documented and chronicled! This much is true.

And so yes, Obama is being documented and chronicled, but the other side can say not always fairly. In an earlier paragraph, I hinted that evil can be real or perceived. The eye of the beholder must take in the information, process it, and arrive at a conclusion as to how evil is the material as witnessed. When we come to "ascribing evil intentions," this is necessarily the realm of conjecture and speculation. In a court of law, conjecture and speculation are tossed out, and someone at the podium of Robert Gibbs can come back with just that point. And, my earlier paragraph ended with the words, "on the road to implementing a 'globalist agenda.'" When the topic is the future, none of us really have it in hand to speak for.

As a result, there is an element of speculation that a court of law would toss. But, the court of public opinion is where we really are, and that's not the same as a court of law. Political free speech definitely supports the right of Alex Jones and anyone to point an accusatory finger about a globalist agenda.

It is worth saying some more to review the fears of a globalist agenda. I believe that nations are good things to keep. I believe that a one-world government would be a very, very bad thing. I believe that lovers of liberty don't want to go there. That's my view, but of course there will always be some on the other side who think that yes, the world should move towards a one-world government. That's the problem. Jones and myself are solidly in the camp or column "against" global government. Anyone on the other side, by definition, favors a massive violation of American sovereignty.

There have already been massive violations of American sovereignty, as Bill Clinton brought in NAFTA / CAFTA / WTO / PNTR -- these are the so called "free trade" agreements that made our trade policy hostage to unelected, unaccountable, private sector bodies as found at NAFTA and the WTO. The entire concept of "investor to state" litigation (one of the precepts in the free trade agreements) is a massive violation of state sovereignty.

Talk of the globalist agenda wrinkles the nose, for people who want to be seen as "politically correct." PCness suggests, bury one's head in the sand on this issue. But, policy makers and informed Americans don't have the luxury to do so. (Apparently news rooms can keep their feet on the desk, and they DO have that luxury -- that, due to the remarkable low standards of THEIR industry. PNTR may be screwing America, but they were trained not to ask questions about it and to not challenge free trade.)

The above matters (free trade agreements) reveal that there has already been some implementation of a globalist agenda. So, it isn't pure speculation -- it has a history that we can review. But at some point, Alex Jones and I part company. I've expressed above where we agree, but in the face of all the bad news, I keep calm, while Jones continues into a full throated tirade against evil.

Sometimes, it may be hard to tell the difference between marauding evil and really bad policy. I keep my eyes out and ears tuned for policy mistakes. There is a role for those such as Jones who would fire up a base and rally the troops to the Rebel Alliance, in a face off with the Evil Empire. It's well and good that Jones occupies that niche. But my concerns range to other places, where Jones and I might disagree. The following is an example.

While I oppose a one-world government, I could support a one-world currency. Floating exchange rates, which we have now, are one way that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Fixed exchange rates, or a one-world currency, would stop the regime of floating exchange rates. On a level playing field, Ethiopians (e.g.) would not need to bemoan the fact that their currency is worthless. In fact, Wall Street includes forex traders who should logically be against this reform, since a one-world currency would obviate the existence of forex and the trading of currencies and related financial tricks.

Do I agree that the Federal Reserve should be nationalized and have its functions placed under the Treasury Department? Yes. But, that's in the absence of a world agreement for a world currency. The likelihood of world agreement is low. But if that were available (with no tiers, no tranches, no privileged treatment that disenfranchises poor people in poor countries), then I would say yes, let's take the agreement for one currency. And my parenthetical note is really the reason why agreement is unlikely. Bankers and Wall Street will want to rig the system so they remain advantaged. Because world agreement is likely not forthcoming -- I expect to remain in the camp with Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Alex Jones (and even Glenn Beck!) saying, "End the Fed."

As for reviewing the Obama administration, Jones offers a very damning review. I've previously published some of my own thoughts -- Barack Obama is off to a shaky start. I was disappointed on Day One. On Day One, I would have the United States out of the (bad) WTO, into the (good) ICC, and recognizing (the nation of) Taiwan. And I believe in vigorous prosecution of the prior Bush administration. But I prefer to allow 100 days to elapse before I come out with my full review.

Jones and I have some overlap in our Obama criticism, so I can vouch for our points in common. When campaigning, Obama went to the (formerly) industrial mid-West, and denounced NAFTA. But, his campaign talked from both sides of its mouth, and told the Canadian government "not to worry." I suppose that means that Obama's NAFTA talk was just posturing. To me, the passage of NAFTA in the 1990s crossed a divide. The American republic gave way to the American kleptocracy. Now, Obama seems determined to "preserve, protect, and defend" kleptocracy.

In fact, if he can re-inflate the housing bubble, he will. He cannot do so, but he didn't mind supporting the $700 billion bailout of Wall Street -- a mugging of the American taxpayers that passed Congress in October, 2008.

To me, it is troubling that Obama would re-inflate the housing bubble and have everybody pick up and continue like nothing ever went wrong. That is a mental model that says we will, or can, or should go back to "the status quo ante." When the entire model and paradigm has failed, and when free trade exacerbates the recession and dilutes stimulus efforts, it's time to re-evaluate the model and paradigm. Instead, we saw U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton go to China like a pan handler, saying "please buy our debt." Obama and Clinton have not yet wrapped their heads around the point that the old model is unsustainable; that the economy imploded because that unsustainable model had run its course. Things need to be different going forward, but Obama and Clinton reveal "status quo ante" thinking. That's not change that I can believe in. That's continuity -- not leadership.

Jones and I also note that Barack Obama reversed himself on the quetion of warrantless wiretapping. During the campaign, he voted for the FISA immunity bill, which lets 'off the hook' those telecom companies that cooperated with the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping program.

If Obama is a brilliant reformer, then he is aware of how compromised he is by surrounding himself with corrupt people. Twenty years ago, Nancy Pelosi was a new Congresswoman, and she became a hero to Chinese dissidents right after the Tiananmen Square massacre by going to bat for them on Capitol Hill. Now as I watched The Obama Deception, it was saddening to see how corrupt Pelosi has become. Also I was amazed at how off base and unrealistic is the thinking of Rahm Emanuel.

Jones' point is that Obama is NOT a brilliant reformer; just a brilliant liar. He may or may not be right. Thus far, I have seen no cessation of American kleptocracy. In fact, Obama took up crusading against the intellectually-dishonest shibboleth of "protectionism." The word protectionism is used by sell outs to avoid and evade sanity in trade policy.

There are parts in the movie that are absolutely brilliant. Complex material was covered at a level for general understanding. I'm thinking of one scene where the "Burger King analogy" is presented. It's more easily watched than described.

In the mildest formulation, Barack Obama is at least sold out. With his harsher and more scathing formulations, Alex Jones will be accused of twisting the truth. But there are many grains of truth included, and these naturally invite analysis. Alex Jones is standing on solid ground, but his "analysis" becomes the full throated tirade that wrinkles my nose and seems wearing.

I think that different people are going to have different take aways from The Obama Deception, but to arm yourself with information is always worthwhile. Alex Jones presents "red pill politics" while sold out mainstream news presents only "blue pill politics." Because the media are so one-sided, I value Jones' material as an antidote or tonic. In conclusion, I recommend this movie. It beats turning on the news and seeing less sincere blue pill stuff.

Quote:

Movie Review - The Obama Deception
http://www.cynicsunlimited.com/2009/03/17/movie-review-the-obama-deception/
By Cynapse

Title: The Obama Deception
Release: 2009
Genre: Documentary
Run Time: 112 Minutes
Publisher: Alex Jones Productions
Rating: 82%
URL: http://www.obamadeception.net/

The Obama Deception is the latest documentary film from talk-show host anti-Globalist activist Alex Jones. The film opens with dramatic election footage backed by excerpts from various Obama speeches but wastes no time tearing into Obama’s populist image with an opening monologue by rapper and activist KRS-One (aka Kris Parker) that compares the role of president to being shift manager at a Burger King. Parker ends his diatribe by observing that the angry customers (i.e. voters) can complain all day to the manager but never get to see the owners of the restaurant.

Parker’s analogy summarizes the film’s premise: Barack Obama, like all U.S. presidents since JFK, is little more than an attractive empty suit who was promoted by the political “elites” to quell public anger over the direction of the Bush administration. The president’s role is largely ceremonial to pacify the masses while the real power is held by international bankers and non-elected bodies like the Federal Reserve and the mysterious Bildeberg Group. These non-elected bodies aim to consolidate their world power by precipitating a crisis (e.g. the recent failure of the banking system tied to sub-prime mortgages) that will coax the people into submitting more of their civil liberties to centralized powers in exchange for (perceived) security.

Jones seeks to prove this thesis by demonstrating a long history of economic imperialism, the way unelected bodies have affected the policies of past U.S. presidents (the JFK conspiracy is discussed, as he was allegedly the last president who truly tried to change the system; his comeuppance is illustrated via the infamous Zapruder assassination film) and most importantly compare the one-time senator Obama’s platform to what has actually been done since he took the white house. Despite President Obama’s term being barely 3 months, Jones provides a rather impressive list of promises already broken by the 44th president of the United States:
Instead of repealing the patriot act as pledged, Barrack Obama voted to reinstate it
Obama watered down his original pledge to bring all troops home from Iraq in 6 months. Now a only portion of troops will allegedly be brought home in 23 months
While signing off the closing of Guantanamo bay, Obama’s mandate still allows for rendition; the administration threatened to cut intelligence ties to the United Kingdom over alleged evidence of American misdeeds.

Despite being elected on a platform of neutralizing lobbyists, Obama’s cabinet contains some of the most powerful lobbyists in the country. Most notably, treasury secretary Timothy Geithner was a top lobbyist for Goldman Sachs – to date, the leading beneficiary of the so-called stimulus packages ($12.9 billion)

This documentary excels at providing externally verifiable facts and sometimes shocking footage. For instance, most people probably didn’t know that Barrack Obama -model liberal- has ties to staunch Republicans. The film reveals one of Obama’s early endorsers to be none other than Henry Kissinger - the former Secretary of State is shown in a CNBC clip declaring Obama to be the perfect candidate to set a new world order.

Seasoned skeptics will be relieved to hear that The Obama Deception provides a concise description of what they believe to be President Obama’s agenda for the coming years:
-Bringing the US financial system under the control of the Bank of the World
-Conscription for persons aged 18-24 into a domestic paramilitary force under direct command of the president
-Disarmament of Americans through stricter gun control
-Strong restrictions on free speech through promotion of the Fairness Doctrine and various hate speech laws
-Military control of African resources through Africom (to secure resources and push away China from the continent)
-Further integration with Mexico and Canada in preparation for the North American Union
-Federal control of family farms through animal ID legislation

Perhaps most shockingly, the film alleges that Obama will in due time fall on his sword and take responsibility for the social upheaval resulting from this agenda. This virtual abdication will pave the way for the next Republican “saviour” who will court the American people as a renegade against socialism, all while perpetuating the agenda dictated by the “elites”.

It’s at this point that The Obama Deception starts to resemble the standard conspiracy theory flick, recently popularized by Zeitgeist and Loose Change (Jones was executive producer for the latter). This perception is only bolstered by the film-maker’s own footage of supported activists picketing and harassing cars entering various political functions they allege to be anti-democratic, playing cat and mouse with event security. The factual portions of the film are not immune to scrutiny either. The Obama Deception backs its core thesis by repeatedly sequencing verifiable information, somewhat alarming (if abbreviated) video clips that could be taken out of context and allusions to sinister activity that seem logical based on the presented information. It’s the classic Yes-Yes strategy of persuasion used by the aforementioned films – a technique that can reach the same level of deception Jones alleges of the president. Alex Jones is no stranger to controversy himself, having spearheaded a movement to rebuild the infamous Branch Davidian compound in Waco Texas that was destroyed by the ATF during its pursuit of cult leader David Koresh. Jones has also produced several conspiratorial films such as Endgame: Blueprint for Global Enslavement and 911: The Road to Tyranny (containing some of the more infamous 911 conspiracy theories). In fact, it could be said that The Obama Deception is merely clever marketing in that it attacks Obama in a seemingly partisan way to bait audiences into hearing Jones’ traditional messages regarding totalitarian world government.

Hence, the Obama Deception is not the smear job some political partisans may have hoped for; instead, it is a discomforting launch point for discussion about the impotence of American democracy. If viewers come away from this film with one question, it is hopefully be why such readily available facts and inconsistencies must be highlighted in fringe films and not the so-called free press (from the Huffington Post to FOX News) that shapes the vast majority of public opinion and has been supposedly liberated by the internet.

A large grain of salt is required, as always, but some of this information simply can’t be dismissed out of hand (plus, we skeptics were given a prediction score-card on which to grade the film). Watch and decide for yourself.

Quote:

Anti-Obama DVD 'The Obama Deception' a web hit with 160,000 YouTube views
http://www.examiner.com/x-2398-Boston-Top-News-Examiner~y2009m3d16-AntiObama-DVD-The-Obama-Deception-a-web-hit-160000-YouTube-views
March 16, 6:24 PM

Alex Jones, a radio host and underground filmmaker for many years, has released a DVD called "The Obama Deception" that has conspiracy theorists of the left and the right shaking their fists with concern about how the president is owned by international banking interests.

March 19 Update: From a review of the DVD at the Citizen Online website, I found more information about Jones and the anti-Wall Street, anti-New World Order beliefs of the film's fans. The reviewer writes:

Though Obama gets top billing in this movie the film isn’t that much about our spruce pack-a-day new Prez. What it breaks down is the false left-right paradigm, the military industrial owned and therefore controlled mainstream media and the unholy alliance between the Federal Government and the private offshore banking cartel that is the Federal Reserve.

This seems to be a new form of NWO paranoia, one that is clearly feeding off the backlash against Big Banks and the financial meltdown. The reviewer explains that the Fed is the "crack dealing money machine to the Federal Government which has been an addict of fiat money since 1913 when Woodrow Wilson sold our country out to the Wall Street den of vipers and thieves."

It's quite an interesting explanation.

This is the film that will finally get people to understand that there is a shadow government behind the puppet government. It is run by the Rothschild-Rockefeller-British & Dutch Royal Family and assorted Bilderberg cohorts. This is the Anglo-American Empire exposed and Jones does better in exposing the great lie in The Obama Deception than any other film on the subject to date, even his own earlier films.

Some highlights of the 2 hour film are commentary by the extremely balanced and knowledgeable historian Webster G. Tarpley, who is the epitome of calm in a crisis as well as Gerald Celente, top future trends forecaster who long ago saw the onset of Depression 2009 like a dim light down a subway tunnel.

The best line in this movie goes to seminal hip-hopper Professor Griff of Public Enemy who asks, “where did we get this sense that just because we have a black man as President everything is going to be OK…everything is NOT going to be OK.”

You can find out more at the website set up by Jones here: http://www.obamadeception.net

Thousands are sharing it on pirate bay and mininova. Youtube results are not accurate, they've been proven time and time again they fiddle with the view counters. This is very good news. The more people that listen to KRS one's president/BK shit manager analogy, the better.

--------------------

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#10102547 - 04/03/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Alex Jones is a fear mongering sack of trash, like Will Cooper said. He was telling people we were gonna be nuked by Russia December 31st, 1999. Fuck him.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

InvisibleDontPlay
Yeah Science!
Male

Loc: On Land most of the time....
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: doom876]
    #10102595 - 04/03/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

All I can say is your entitled to your opinion. Some people need to wake up and realize that our government is LEAST concered about us. If you haven't noticed alot of things he and MANY OTHERS talk about have happened.

Alex jones warned us of 9/11 before it happened and guess what it did. The current economy problem was no accident, they are doing it on purpose...collapse the economy in other country's and they will all be begging for help and in comes the new world order one world government.

Quit using the term conspiracy theory as its not made up stuff there are plenty of fact's proving most of it is coming. You have no idea and if your to iggnorant to believe it or even give the benefit of the doubt then you are already a slave of the elitist.

--------------------
My Trade List

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. 
    Hunter S. Thompson

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
~Thomas Jefferson

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: DontPlay]
    #10103984 - 04/04/09 06:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: dr_gonz]
    #10104095 - 04/04/09 07:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

‘Conspiracy, one is tempted to say, is the poor person’s cognitive mapping in the postmodern age; it is a degraded figure of the total logic of late capital, a desperate attempt to represent the latter’s system, whose failure is marked by its slippage into sheer theme and content’ - Fredric Jameson

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#10104106 - 04/04/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

"There are psychological explanations for why conspiracy theories are so seductive. Academics who study them argue that they meet a basic human need: to have the magnitude of any given effect be balanced by the magnitude of the cause behind it. A world in which tiny causes can have huge consequences feels scary and unreliable. Therefore a grand disaster like Sept. 11 needs a grand conspiracy behind it. "We tend to associate major events--a President or princess dying--with major causes," says Patrick Leman, a lecturer in psychology at Royal Holloway University of London, who has conducted studies on conspiracy belief. "If we think big events like a President being assassinated can happen at the hands of a minor individual, that points to the unpredictability and randomness of life and unsettles us." In that sense, the idea that there is a malevolent controlling force orchestrating global events is, in a perverse way, comforting."

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10104129 - 04/04/09 07:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

no no no listen: obama 9/11 truff pyramid 2012 serious

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: mathewww]
    #10104143 - 04/04/09 07:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Didn't have to look much further than this guy being a Texan, but he's got trisomy 21 written all over him. :gameover:

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: DontPlay]
    #10104242 - 04/04/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quit using the term conspiracy theory as its not made up stuff

The term conspiracy theory does not mean it is made up.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #10104245 - 04/04/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

Ever listen to NPR?

lulz at someone giving a statist radio station as an example of credible reporters to an alex jones supporter

fuck alex jones
fuck obama
fuck npr
fuck government

woot mises, hayek, rothbard, etc

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinemilkman
DeliveringWorldWide
Male User Gallery

Loc: tha FLA
Re: Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception" [Re: Redstorm]
    #10104261 - 04/04/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thread moved to non-existent conspiracy theory forum

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals