Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11477540 -

I have also been interested in this...


I think it means that he lacks humility.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Adden]
    #11477787 -

Dystopia said:
Children do change our future!




Yeah sorta like bush seniors child fukked up our future too.


:seriousbusiness:


and to OP, stop worrying about what other ppl do or do not, it doesn't even matter...........brah


--------------------

Edited by I AM SWIM (11/18/09 10:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11477837 -

RonPaulVerm said:
Anybody else seen countless pictures and videos of Obama not slauting or putting his hand on his heart for the pledge of allegiance.
Not that i have a problem with people's free will, but I figured as the President he couldn't make it 2 seconds without his hand over his heart?

What gives?
Ya think he doesn't care about American Sovereignty?



why should it be any different for him as for anyone else?  hes just a regular guy who happens to be the president, there's no such thing as a double standard.  try not to expect things from others, that way you can never be disappointed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: sleepy]
    #11478286 -

I could not agree with you more sleepy and I AM SWIM
One lady I know thinks it's his duty as commander in Chief to show that physical form of respect.
To each his own I guess...but in a world of such far removal from politics we can't ven know if it's just cause he feels like our country is in distress or if he is disrespectful or what.. ya know?


--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have


Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: sleepy]
    #11483880 -

It is different because real leaders lead by example.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11483993 -

Photoshop. Selective editing. Things are rarely as they seem... Just sayin.
And who cares about some bs loyalty oath from the 50's anymore.
He's the president, and according to conservatives if you dont support everything the president does you're a traitor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11483996 -

Mr.Al said:
It is different because real leaders lead by example.



Yes, because this country is seriously lacking in bad poetry supporting antiquated nationalism. He really needs to step up to the plate with this one.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11484010 -

LOLZ

Doing some reading on the origin of the pledge of allegiance here, and it turns out that the part about god wasn't even in the original version, it was added in the 50's. Also the Francis Bellamy who wrote the pledge was a socialist. :lol:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11484026 -

A socialist in the true sense of the word, not in the way the retarded conservatives use it (someone can't be both a socialist and a fascist, you pick one or the other) to brand anyone they don't like.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: kydelic]
    #11484062 -

I don't know if there is any one "true sense of the word", socialism covers a pretty broad economic ideological spectrum.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: kydelic]
    #11484063 -

someone can't be both socialist and fascist?
what about the National Socialist party a.k.a. the Nazi's?


--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have


Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11484105 -

They weren't actually socialists. They called themselves socialists to appeal to the trends of the time (in which socialism was incredibly popular throughout the world, including America). Another teabagger misconception due to a poor understanding of history.

From wiki, emphasis mine:
Quote:
Nazism is often considered by scholars to be a form of fascism. While it incorporated elements from both left and right-wing politics, the Nazis formed most of their alliances on the right.



Socialism is a, quite chiefly, leftist ideology.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: kydelic]
    #11484125 -

Not necessarily. Like I said, it's a broad term that covers a lot of contradictory perspectives. National Socialism is in direct opposition to Democratic Socialism.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11484161 -

I think he might be an elf.


--------------------


It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: kaste]
    #11484207 -

I have yet to find any source that puts national socialism under the umbrella of typical socialism (democratic socialism).


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11490106 -

I do not think that the Constitution is antiquated.

I think that clownshoes does not feel a particular allegiance to this country.

He does appear to be a globalist.

That is the fashionable thing these days and he is a media whore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11490165 -

I think it's a bit disrespectful for a president not to acknowledge the pledge at public functions. He's the president after all. That said, I stopped doing the pledge after middleschool. Couldn't be bothered in highschool. And I cant recall a time since where it's been necessary.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: GoaM]
    #11490184 -

It does appear a very strange precedent, does it not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11490246 -

Yeah, it's a bit disturbing.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance [Re: Mr.Al]
    #11490251 -

People being expected to pledge their allegiance to a government with a foundation in descent, rebellion and personal freedom, is hilarious to me.

The pledge has only even been around since the early 20th century.:lol:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Miss. judge jails attorney for not reciting pledge anomaly100716 544 6 10/07/10 04:54 PM
by learningtofly
* Modernized Pledge of Allegiance thirdeyeparable 1,214 18 07/21/10 10:01 PM
by ModusPwnd
* Who here hates obama
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Lucidx 6,366 129 11/12/09 04:15 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Obama against Weed to Save Economy. Change?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Wapakz 9,298 105 03/27/09 06:06 PM
by Ferris
* Where can I get an Obama "Change" shirt?
( 1 2 all )
RonPaulVerm 1,289 23 09/21/09 12:33 PM
by the bizzle
* Obama and the shroomery
( 1 2 all )
Almond Flour 2,400 27 04/01/09 11:54 AM
by gotfungus
* Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mathewww 23,873 159 03/07/16 04:11 AM
by Triton79
* Racism & Civil Hysteria over Obama's Victory.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mathewww 21,178 145 11/19/08 04:02 PM
by fireduck

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,960 topic views. 4 members, 7 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.