Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: PDU]
    #11155267 -

Riding around here is super fucking dangerous. Very few Cyclist,and the drivers are insane. Even in the City it's just almost a deathwish.

Hell even riding a motorcycle is incredibly dangerous here. Just horrible drivers. Everyone's in a Hummer Doing 95mph on a cell phone with A little shit rat dog hopping all over the place, while Little Wayne blasts so loud they cant possible think coherently.

I honestly Dont give a fuck what anybody says, Cager fag or Biker fag. I ride like the most pissed off aggressive basterd I can possibly be. I wont hesitate to take a hammer to someones Mirror while basting past them of they turn into me or do some stupid ass shit.

It's survival. You can armchair race,and talk all you want,but unless your out there riding on two wheels, motor or pedal,you have no idea what your dealing with.

You have to ride like your invisible,and that everyone is trying to kill you at all times.

Any real instructor will tell you that very statement.

My bud just wrecked his Bike because some asshole wasn't happy with someone being on a motorcycle,and tried to run him over.
My bud did nothing to provoke it. We all watched it happen.


Quote:


F.T.W.
I’m not encased in metal
And I do not watch TV
I like my motorcycle
Because it helps me to feel free
The highways and byways are overrun
With Acura gangster clones
And soccer moms in S.U.V.’s
Who are talking on the phone
Fuck the world!
Forever two wheels!
To all the crazy drivers
whipping in and out of lanes
start using your turn signals
or suck my lock and chain
Your car’s all over the road
You’ve got alcohol on your breath
It gets me homicidal
Because for me it’s life and death
Fuck the world!
Forever two wheels!
You drive like a simp
And you think you’re a pimp
In your climate controlled cage
I’ve got hostile envy and it sets me in a rage
You’d better hope I don’t survive
If you get me in a crash
Cuz I’m looking for a reason kill you
And they call me scooter trash
Fuck the world!
Forever two wheels






--------------------

Edited by CaptainH13 (09/30/09 04:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11155303 -

psht...I'd be happy with just a bike lane to begin with



cause apparently I live in the only city in the world without em  :mad2:


--------------------


:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: Muppet]
    #11155506 -

The only problem I'm ever had is drivers turning and only checking in the direction that traffic is coming. I either have to wait for their stupid ass to turn or chance it if there's a car coming blocking them. I usually spit on cars that would have hit me if I wasn't paying attention.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: Glenners]
    #11155519 -

so you want drivers to check all their mirrors before each turn now???

bikers shouldn't be able to pass cars on the right. if you run into a car during a turn its your own fault.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11155648 -

No, you misunderstand him.

Imagine you come up to a intersection, heading north. You see there is a green light for n/s traffic, and e/w traffic has red.
You are continuing north, so nothing changes. EXCEPT! Someone in their car next to you decides to make a right hand turn east and only decides to look left for any possible oncoming cars- but the thought never occurs to look right for any possible people crossing the road.
This means even when I have the right of way I have missed my green light because people in their cars just whip around that right hand turn without pausing. So I either wait and miss the light or just go out in front of them at risk to myself.

I obey the laws of the rode on my bike (except I run the occasional stop sign if no point in stopping) and I always pay full super attention to my surroundings when I bike, the main reason I'm still alive to bike today. When I can't even take a 15minute bike ride without being cut off several times by a car owner who never even thought to look for me.. well it gets tiring.

I think bike lanes and a greater awareness in general regarding bike road riding is a simple improvement.
Sidewalk riding isn't really an option if their is any decent amount of pedestrian traffic though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11155655 -

makaveli8x8 said:
so you want drivers to check all their mirrors before each turn now???




I'm pretty sure that is the point of them. Also check your blind spots!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11155710 -

Okay, so here's the deal about being on roadways:

Cyclists, you are supposed to have EQUAL rights.  A lot of you think you have ENHANCED rights to the road and aren't required to follow traffic laws.  I'd like permission from the city to flatten someone on a bike who blazes past me at a stop sign on the right.  I watch out for cyclists and don't have any particular hatred against them, but it does anger me when I see them riding around like a jackass on a busy road.  Use hand signals and obey traffic laws if you're going to be on the road.

I know I've mad this next point on this board before, but I'll reiterate.  If you are on the road you have a certain right of way depending on the situation.  However, if someone in a larger vehicle violates this right of way, it's a good idea to yield to them.

For example, I drive a VW.  If somebody in a Suburban goes out of turn at a stop sign, cuts me off, etc etc etc I'm gonna do my best to GTFO of their way because they are bigger than me and would crush me.  I don't see why cyclists think this should be any different for them.  In fact, I often see a lot of people do super ballsy things on their bikes just to 'assert their equal rights' or w/e :rolleyes:

That's fine I guess, but it's your own damn fault if you get flattened.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11156185 -

shivas.wisdom said:
No, you misunderstand him.

Imagine you come up to a intersection, heading north. You see there is a green light for n/s traffic, and e/w traffic has red.
You are continuing north, so nothing changes. EXCEPT! Someone in their car next to you decides to make a right hand turn east and only decides to look left for any possible oncoming cars- but the thought never occurs to look right for any possible people crossing the road.
This means even when I have the right of way I have missed my green light because people in their cars just whip around that right hand turn without pausing. So I either wait and miss the light or just go out in front of them at risk to myself.

I obey the laws of the rode on my bike (except I run the occasional stop sign if no point in stopping) and I always pay full super attention to my surroundings when I bike, the main reason I'm still alive to bike today. When I can't even take a 15minute bike ride without being cut off several times by a car owner who never even thought to look for me.. well it gets tiring.

I think bike lanes and a greater awareness in general regarding bike road riding is a simple improvement.
Sidewalk riding isn't really an option if their is any decent amount of pedestrian traffic though.



There would be no oncoming traffic from the left since they have a red light, and you shouldn't be passing me on the right in the right hand lane at an intersection. Even if I look for pedestrians (I always do since I'm in a pretty dense foot traffic area) I'm not gonna see you if you're behind me and I don't have to wait for any pedestrians.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: circularvortex]
    #11156205 -

niteowl said:
As long as it becomes legal to run your ass over
when you cut in front of me to cross the street




Deal. That shit pisses me off almost as much.

shivas.wisdom said:
I obey the laws of the rode on my bike (except I run the occasional stop sign if no point in stopping) and I always pay full super attention to my surroundings when I bike, the main reason I'm still alive to bike today. When I can't even take a 15minute bike ride without being cut off several times by a car owner who never even thought to look for me.. well it gets tiring.

I think bike lanes and a greater awareness in general regarding bike road riding is a simple improvement.
Sidewalk riding isn't really an option if their is any decent amount of pedestrian traffic though.



QFT
Also, when you're at a green or have the right of way at a stop (say, heading north) & the motorist heading south turns left without signaling. That's the situation where I almost got nailed yesterday. Total bullshit.

circularvortex said:
I know I've mad this next point on this board before, but I'll reiterate.  If you are on the road you have a certain right of way depending on the situation.  However, if someone in a larger vehicle violates this right of way, it's a good idea to yield to them.



No I think I'd rather get run over to prove a point :rolleyes:
The point is that we shouldn't have to yield to save our lives in situations when we have the right of way.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11156233 -

Also this whole dramatizing the dangers of riding on a bike are funny.
Your life isn't in danger in city driving. I understand it would suck a ton to get thrown from your bike in a collision, and bones may break, but I can't remember the last time I heard of a death here from a biker getting hit by a car.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's not gonna happen because you got cut off at a stop sign or someone turned right while you're going straight (in which case you don't have the right of way anyway.)


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11156256 -

I can recall three local news stories from the last year of people on bikes dying from cars hitting them.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: PDU]
    #11156356 -

I Ruv You Laserpig, I would dedicate my life to become a pig(cop) just for you, and follow you around on your bike everywhere u go.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: Neuron]
    #11156369 -

hm I never made the laserpig-laserPIG connection before.
Believe me when I say that I fully intended this name to conjure images of swine, not po.

Anyway how will you follow me on my bike it is my bike I will be riding it :vaped:


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11156493 -

When I bike I never run stop signs or any of that.
I think that bikers don't have enough respect on the road.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11156630 -

laserpig said:
circularvortex said:
I know I've mad this next point on this board before, but I'll reiterate.  If you are on the road you have a certain right of way depending on the situation.  However, if someone in a larger vehicle violates this right of way, it's a good idea to yield to them.



No I think I'd rather get run over to prove a point :rolleyes:
The point is that we shouldn't have to yield to save our lives in situations when we have the right of way.




Please do that.

Pretty please

with sugar on top :love:

One less pretentious biker on the roads will be a good thing.

How fucking stupid does one have to be
to not try and get outta the way of a semi
regardless of who the fuck has the right of way

:imslow:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11156668 -

laserpig said:
hm I never made the laserpig-laserPIG connection before.
Believe me when I say that I fully intended this name to conjure images of swine, not po.

Anyway how will you follow me on my bike it is my bike I will be riding it :vaped:



In my squad car- 5-0, 5-0!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: Neuron]
    #11157307 -

NO ONE is impressed because you bike to work.  It DOES not make you a better person in any way shape or form. Need to CHILL on the whole anger vs drivers theme. Cars are dangerous. Biking on the road can be scary. And drivers often don't pay attention.

BTW When did so many bicyclists become such pussies?  In Europe and Asia they don't need all these special lanes and barriers (for the most part - granted some places do have them) . Everyone figures it out.  When we were kids we knew we had to look out for the cars b/c the LAW is on the car's side - the law of physics.  And we didn't need the authorities to tell us that.

Now every day there are whiny letter written into the newspapers letter section from bicyclists griping about these "evil, stupid, fat (?) , materialistic" drivers. Grow a sack if you want to ride your bike.

The spandex is embarrassing enough. 

Spitting on a car?? Spit away - its made of meta..... when you learn to train flocks of pigeons to shit on demand THEN I start to care.


--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: Radar]
    #11157401 -

Fact: cars are scary.
It is entirely reasonable for me to be uncomfortable in a situation where my only mode of transportation necessitates maneuvering among multi-ton monsters on a device with limited braking ability.

If you ask me, the solution is either a MUCH better bike lane system (some cities have good bike lanes, but most don't) or a complete segregation of bike paths from motorways.

The way things are set up now, conflict between bikers and cars are inevitable. Bikers have no choice but to use a road system designed for much larger and faster vehicles, and it's a significant inconvenience to both parties.
But until that changes, I think it is totally justifiable for bikers to be upset when drivers disobey the few rules of the road which do exist to give us some modicum of security.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11157684 -

While it may be easier to stay in the center that's not how you're supposed to drive (it's actually technically illegal.)
I meant the inner lane, lane 2 - >-< (-) - - that lane.

And not to sound like a dick, but I think it's the biker's responsibility to pay attention. Just as it is any driver's responsibility to pay attention. Just more so for a biker since a lapse in focus has the potential to yield worse results.

You do sound like a dick. Just like the person with the gun has the responsibility to control it, so do you divers and your cars. Maybe, if you guys hat

How fucking stupid does one have to be
to not try and get outta the way of a semi
regardless of who the fuck has the right of way

This is true, but there should be harsh punishments for driving badly, or under the influence. Like has been pointed out, they are BIG and people do drive rather bad, from what I see. It's always "get the fuck outa MY way" I'd rather we all used bikes, motorcycles, and public transport honestly.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11157987 -

makaveli8x8 said:
ive seen bikers do just as much crazy shit as auto drivers

walking the dog check.




last time I heard about someone in a car doing that they picked up some
charges because dogs dont like to walk for 60 miles at 45mph

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* beware of bicyclists Nashbar 958 16 04/04/08 12:01 AM
by MayorMcCheese
* I fucking hate cyclists
( 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 )
indica 26,468 453 05/16/17 05:15 AM
by trendal
* i hate bicyclists. blkjkrabbit 577 17 09/27/09 06:09 PM
by tokingnome
* Bicycles... those that know, Speak!!
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,319 37 05/26/05 10:34 AM
by nonoman
* My train ran down a cyclist today
( 1 2 all )
koraks 2,067 23 03/17/10 06:38 AM
by koraks
* Do you get pissed off at people who can't speak English?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 9,298 53 12/31/05 11:35 AM
by Konnrade
* What languages can u speak?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 3,902 39 06/09/05 04:47 PM
by Signo
* offensive postings at the Shroomery -- speak your mind
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 5,146 57 03/05/06 07:50 PM
by deryl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,516 topic views. 1 members, 6 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.