Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature.
    #11154658 -

Who would I contact about writing a bill? I would like one drafted to the following effect:

If I am on my bike
and you are in a car
and you turn into my path without signaling
I get to drag you from your vehicle and fucking murder you in the street.
Would you vote for this law?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 09/30/09 12:30 AM until the end of time

View the results of this poll



--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11154698 -

Around here the bicyclists perpetually disobey the law, run red lights, turn without signaling and crowd the cars.  Its nuts - sure its one thing they know they will never be at fault in an accident, but they are putting themselves in danger.  In your situation that is fucked though, you are right.  And yes, I have biked in the city - in my hometown I never saw this kind of shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: DieCommie]
    #11154730 -

If you mess up, your fault. Cars>bikes, because they are BIG. I hate cocky riders who think that the drivers should always watch out for them. Those people can be smeared on the pavement. Shitty drivers are worse, because a car is a responsibility, you can kill with it easily. This is America of course, and cars are toys here. I'd like to gun down everyone who treats it as such, and I'be been ran over, so I have some talking room. It fuckin hurts.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11154744 -

More responsibility on the road, for cyclists and motorists, is certainly in order.  There is a quiet carnage on the streets of America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11154748 -

I hear bikers bitch and whine around here all the time about not getting "respect" on the roadways. Then 90% of the bikers out there don't obey the rules of the road themselves. They run red lights and stop signs, do not signal when turning or switching lanes, cut in front of cars at stop signs, etc. Here's a piece of legislation for you: Go the speed limit or get on the fucking sidewalk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: DieCommie]
    #11154753 -

bikers and pedo's are just insane, just because the law says you have the right away doesn't mean you get to just put your shit on autopilot and cross roads without looking or signal left turns right when a hummer is passing you.

there's some smart people out there but most of them just arn't.  i think what the problem is the people who can't get drivers licences end up being bikers but honestly you should need a test for that as well, and a stiffer one.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11154782 -

I watch out for myself on the road: ride in the oncoming lane(so I can see them), get off if IO see a car coming, though I may not obey every stop sign. And to DNKYD, to your "go the speed limit or get on the sidewalk" BS, that's where you WALK, maybe you car driving fucks should keep your eyes on the road and away from your burger while you're driving with your leg and talking on a cell phone. Maybe ride a bike yourself rather then go around in your metallic cocoon.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11154821 -

ive seen bikers do just as much crazy shit as auto drivers

cellphones check.
drinking check.
eating check.
smoking check.
walking the dog check.
holding an umbrella check.
giving people rides on the front and back tires check.

and whoever wrote the law about non motorized bikes are for roads when sidewalks are available is a moron.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11154971 -

i am so glad the city i'm in has dedicated bicycle lanes.

i find cyclists annoying as hell when i'm driving and in a rush. they should have the right to ride on the road, but only in places where they can keep up with the speed limit. too many times i've gotten stuck behind biker's going 20-25 in a 45 zone, but haven't been able to pass them because of traffic. if you were driving in a car at half the speed limit and blocking traffic you'd be ticketed.

then again...my mom is a hardcore cyclist, and she's been run off the road several times by dumbass drivers who just don't care and blaze right past her without signaling or even getting into the other lane. that really worries me.


IMO: small biker lanes are the way to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11155019 -

As long as you don't ever run a stop sign (at least not when it matters), signal every turn you make, wait at red lights like the rest of us, then sure.

Really the signaling doesn't matter, if you're in the road and following the rules how can someone turn into your path of travel? Don't fucking pass people on the right if they're in the right lane. It's a simple concept. We have to wait to pass you so you can wait to pass us. Sure someone should use their signal, but even if they don't it's really not hard to figure out when someone is turning.

Bicyclists really only get sympathy from other bicyclists.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: laserpig]
    #11155134 -

laserpig said:
Who would I contact about writing a bill? I would like one drafted to the following effect:

If I am on my bike
and you are in a car
and you turn into my path without signaling
I get to drag you from your vehicle and fucking murder you in the street.



As long as it becomes legal to run your ass over
when you cut in front of me to cross the street

:minigun:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155151 -

Bicyclists really only get sympathy from other bicyclists.
Well, we should get it anyway. If we have a head on collision, we may break a bone at worst, if one of you hot-rodding motherfuckers hit us, it's bloody. Makes me wanna go to Europe. Just because your metal death trap is bigger, doesn't mean you should drive like a biker wont do more then dent it. Then the drivers that come up and honk. It gets to the point where I carry something heavy just so I can chuck it at em; what if that surprise scares me right off into the road? If it wasn't for the death, I'd like it to happen so my family could ruin these people and make an example. Deadly streets in the USA, we all have the mentality of middle-schoolers and call each other "gay".


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155155 -

I do both pretty equally, just depends on how Im feeling when I wake up.  I agree with most of the people against cyclists on here even though I am one.  I ride on the sidewalk, its not hard.  People tend to move for you anyways.  Whats so wrong with waiting at a stoplight like cars have to do?  And how hard is it to throw up a hand every now and then for a turn?  Its not hard at all.


--------------------

We Dream Because It Is Far Better Than Reality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11155157 -

No need to stereotype all drivers.
I don't mind bikers who ride like civilized human beings. Riding like you own the road, regardless of your vehicle, is really fucking annoying.

No one deserves any sympathy in this situation. Drive/ride like a normal person and there are no problems. Don't blame it on people in cars because you're on a bike. People in cars drive like assholes to other people in cars too, and bikers ride like dicks to us "hot-rodding motherfuckers."

PS. It's obviously a calculated risk you take when riding a bike on a road with decent traffic, so keep that in mind as well.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155167 -

jewunit said:
Riding like you own the road, regardless of your vehicle, is really fucking annoying.



Concur


--------------------

We Dream Because It Is Far Better Than Reality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155172 -

yeah I ride a bike... we have special bike lanes here tho so i got no problems :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155173 -

jewunit said:
No need to stereotype all drivers.
I don't mind bikers who ride like civilized human beings. Riding like you own the road, regardless of your vehicle, is really fucking annoying.

No one deserves any sympathy in this situation. Drive/ride like a normal person and there are no problems. Don't blame it on people in cars because you're on a bike. People in cars drive like assholes to other people in cars too, and bikers ride like dicks to us "hot-rodding motherfuckers."

PS. It's obviously a calculated risk you take when riding a bike on a road with decent traffic, so keep that in mind as well.



Well, I do live in Michigan. We have like, the rudest drivers in the US. It is somewhat your responsibility, being in the big metallic missile, if I as a biker do slack a little and not notice you. Like I said, I watch out big time. Once you are trapped under a car, you are weary of them. There are not really many sidewalks here at all, so I usually end up riding in grass if I go on a busy road, even if it's five lane where people can easily stay to the center. It's just not smart. All it takes is one mook on a phone to flatten you, one speeding teen. Sometimes shit happens. A man here recently got hit by an SUV on a motorcycle because he wasn't driving safe. Killed him. It'd be nice to have sidewalk to ride on, but luckily there are enough nice, quiet, suburban streets.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11155179 -

i just realized what bikers remind me of....deer staring into my headlights.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: doom876]
    #11155202 -

While it may be easier to stay in the center that's not how you're supposed to drive (it's actually technically illegal.)

And not to sound like a dick, but I think it's the biker's responsibility to pay attention. Just as it is any driver's responsibility to pay attention. Just more so for a biker since a lapse in focus has the potential to yield worse results.

In general I think Columbus is a pretty bike friendly town, and as a result I think the bikers and drivers interact better than some other places I've been. Bikers know what to do to avoid being a nuisance as much as possible, and drivers generally keep their cool and wait for a chance to pass if say it's busy and a bike is slowing down a lane. There are also tons of bikers here on pretty main streets. Especially on campus.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speaking as a commuter bicyclist, I would like to propose some legislature. [Re: jewunit]
    #11155254 -

What city are you riding in? Are the drivers especially aggressive?

I suppose the only big city i've rode in was Vancouver and i never had problems with traffic, people were very curteous.

Depending on the type of bike i am riding, i ride like i own the road.

I think its the cyclists responsibility to pay attention to the mannerisms of the drivers around him in order to keep himself safe.

I wouldn't vote for the law... but the drivers around here are nice.

Move to Portland, best cycling city ever (in america) :P


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* beware of bicyclists Nashbar 958 16 04/04/08 12:01 AM
by MayorMcCheese
* I fucking hate cyclists
( 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 )
indica 26,467 453 05/16/17 05:15 AM
by trendal
* i hate bicyclists. blkjkrabbit 577 17 09/27/09 06:09 PM
by tokingnome
* Bicycles... those that know, Speak!!
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,319 37 05/26/05 10:34 AM
by nonoman
* My train ran down a cyclist today
( 1 2 all )
koraks 2,067 23 03/17/10 06:38 AM
by koraks
* Do you get pissed off at people who can't speak English?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 9,298 53 12/31/05 11:35 AM
by Konnrade
* What languages can u speak?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 3,902 39 06/09/05 04:47 PM
by Signo
* offensive postings at the Shroomery -- speak your mind
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 5,146 57 03/05/06 07:50 PM
by deryl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,516 topic views. 6 members, 87 guests and 276 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.063 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 22 queries.