Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

meditation
    #1093085 - 11/28/02 02:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

any sitest hat can helpy me learn meditation? i would love to put myself in a more state of mind before a trip.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKeel
happy friend
Loc: Canada
Re: meditation [Re: Damn]
    #1094267 - 11/28/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

One way to meditate is to focus on one singular thing for a long time. Like, for example, get in a comfortable sitting position, close your eyes and breath in...then out. Only focus on yr breathing. If other thoughts enter into your mind and try to distract you (which they will) gently push them away and return back to the exercise. you could do it for ten minutes a day or something. It might not "feel" like meditation , but the more you try focussing on one thing at a time, the better meditation will get. :grin: 

--------------------
The sky embraces me even when you do not

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1094285 - 11/28/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Seperate yourself from all external stimuli and eventually your mind will settle down. Then eat some mushrooms.  :tongue: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: meditation [Re: Adamist]
    #1094304 - 11/28/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

no mushies :frown:              one day.... one day :smile:

--------------------
What?

Offlinefreakish
...breathing...

Re: meditation [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1094396 - 11/28/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Mm. Meditating is fun.

This is how i meditate. I sit (or most of the time lie down on cushions, just my preference really). I spend a few minutes letting thoughts come and go like i usually do when i just space out or day dream. When i'm comfortable i start to become aware of my breathing. This single action (Focusing on a single thing like the way your stomach moves in and out when you breath) will start to bring your mind to a deeper level. Brainwaves ro soemthing.....i forget the science of it. I continue to centralize my thoughts on my breath, or my stomach, or a leg, or an arm, thinking about how that part of my body feels now. Concentrating on this will help you to forget your worries and you can spend some time just focusing on y ourself. This is your time to be free of every day monotony!

It'll be very hard to concentrate your first couple of times. Your body is not used to it. BUt you will in time...your body won't get upset when you try and let it relax after awhile! If your thoughts start to wonder, don't force yourself to stop, recognize the thought, let it live its life and let it die away...then concentrate on breathing again.

This is most like the buddhist style of mediation. Try and keep a straight and dignified position if your'e sitting in a chair or cross-legged on the floor!

For more info you can check out http://www.beliefnet.com or http://www.spiritonline.com

Check out the book The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by christopher penzcak too, great stuff on meditation and energy work!

hope i could help!

freakish

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1095568 - 11/29/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

here's a list from MarkostheGnostic that I cut and pasted from another thread. I just happend to have been reading it. :cool: Thank you Mark. 
=================
watching every thought that arises non-judgementally..........(Vajrayana's Vipassana)
watching one's breathing and 'hara'...........................(Japanese Zen)
becoming passively aware of all inner and outer phenomenon....(Zen, and Taoist forms)
having one's Mind descend into the Heart......................(Orthodox Christian Hesychast)
envisioning elaborate mandalas and seed syllables ............(Vajrayana again)
envisioning the sacred Names of God in blazing flames.........(Jewish Kabbalistic)
================== 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: meditation [Re: freakish]
    #1095968 - 11/29/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

its hard for me sometimes cause i think so much its hard to stop then i remember ah... yes. this. this is nice. but it will hit me sometimes without me calling on it directly, like the meditation. i was stoned one night and i dont know why but i just started feeling really aware of everything real awake, and i let everything flow out, and i got on this "wave" like breating in and out. this revolves around kundalini and tantra, and "uncoiling the snake", which so many relations im not going to try to think or post them. but it does help when someone says, hey you know you can breath right. cause im reminded of the true reality. *breaths in and out* thank you. and thanks to you too adamist :wink:  .  may we all awake. *ahhhhhhh*

--------------------
What?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1096005 - 11/29/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You can medatate by negating desire and bringing balance between good and bad, becoming a neutral mind and thinking of 'nothing' (egoless).

OR you can medatate to reach that warm place where you can focus your thoughts and become one with your mind (ego).

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies