Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Try this mediation see if it works for you *buddhism*
    #3519718 - 12/19/04 08:54 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just finished reading a guide into tibetan tradational buddhism. My insite into this religion is still limited, but I have the basics down and I am working on my mind, spirit, and karma day by day by day. Try this and let other know what you have experienced.

Meditation on purifying defiled energy winds

Through the nine-breath or nine-round purification practice we should try to expel our defiled energy winds. The defiled energy winds which help to develop strong delusions flow principally in the right channel. Therefore we should try to obstruct the right channel. We should begin by placing the tip or our left thumb against the base of our left ring finger, and then make a fist by closing the four fingers over the thumb. With this left fist we should press on the right side of our rib cage so that our fist rests at the level of the right elbow, in line with the armpit. Next we should make a similar fist with our right hand, but with the index finger extended. With the back or nail side of the extended right index finger we press the left nostril closed. We then inhale smoothly thourgh our right nostril, visualizing that all the inspiring strength of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas enters into us through the right nostril in the form of radiant white light. We should then feel that the Buddahs and Bodhisattvas blesssings have blessed our mind. Our inhalation should be a full, deep breath and we should hold this breath for as long as possible. To exhale, we move our right index finger over o our right nostril, pressing it closed with the front of the right index finger. Then we should exhale all the air gently in three equal successive breaths through the left nostril. As we exhale, we should visualize that all impure energy winds, particularly those from the left side of our body, are expelled in the form of black light. With our right index finger still holding our right nostril closed, we now inhale through our left nostril slowly, smoothly and deeply, visualizing that all the inspiring strength of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas streams into us in the form of radiant white light. Again we think that the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas blessings have blessed our mind. We should remain with this experience, holding our breath untill we become uncomfortable. In order to exhale, we transfer our right index finger again the left nostril. We exhale fully all impure energy winds in the form of black light in three equal breaths from our right nostril. This purifies our impure energy winds, especially those from the right side of our body. The last three rounds are done through both nostrils simultaneously. Our hands can now be placed in the mediation position - palms upward, right hand resting on the left, and thumbs touching. The hands are placed in this position close to our body, just below the navel. Try to be as still as possible, and practice great patience. We inhale smoothly through both nostrils with the same visualization of white light as before, then exhale in three equal breaths which we visualize in the form of black light. After we inahel we should think that the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas blessing entered our mind, making it very calm. As we exhale we should think that from our left and right channels and from all subsidiary channels the impure energy winds depart. When the final ninth exhalation has been completed, we should think that all energy winds in our body have been purified. Our body feels very flexible and comfortable. After finishing the nine rounds of purifying defiled energy winds (which can be done several times in succession), we may begin whatever is to be our main mediation for that session. For example, if we are interested in doing breath mediation, we should turn our concentration to the subtle sensation inside our nostrils. As we inahel and exhale normally, there is a sublte sensation inside our nose. We should meditate on that sensation single-pointedly as a general sensation inside our nose, without locating it in any one place. The nine-round mediation is very helpful in preventing negative thoughts by purifying impure energy winds. If we do this practice every day it will be beneficial. At the moment we are unused to this practice and at first we may not get quick results from it. But by becoming accustomed to this mediation, it becomes very useful in oercoming our negative thoughts. This mediation also helps to overcome anxiety and other types of unhappy minds. This entire practice can be very beneficial, but its result depends on the way in which it is practised. For instance, if someone is given a car but does not know how to drive it, that car will be useless even if it is in good working order. The same is true for this mediation: although the mediation can be very helpful, if we do not perform it properly and conscientiously it cannot help us. But if we do this nine-round mediation every day it helps to calm our mind. Then we have a great opportunity to develop positive minds, such as love, compassion and bodhicitta. Otherwise, it is very difficult to develop positive minds while we sitll have negative conceptions.

*Bodhicitta - The altruistic mind of Enlightenment; the continuous and spontaneous wish to gain full Enlightenment for the benefit of all sentient beings.

*Bodhisattva - Someone who posses the mind of Enlightenment or Bodhicitta; a being on the path to full Enlightenment.

*Compassion - A mind which wishes others to be free from suffering.

*Enlightenment - The state of eternal peace and the realization of a foe destroyer or a Buddha.

*Love - A mind which wishes other to have happiness.

*Meditation - Placing and focusing the mind on any wholesome object. (I meditate focusing on the mental image of Buddha)

This information is taken directly out of: Geshe Kelsang Gyatso BUDDHISM in the Tibetan Tradition; A Guide

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Try this mediation see if it works for you *buddhism* [Re: whole9]
    #3519855 - 12/19/04 11:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it is a good calesthenic for regular meditation
I would not encourage it with entheogen as it includes
both physical postures and purposeful sequenced visualization:

" After we inhale we should think that the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas blessing entered our mind, making it very calm. As we exhale we should think that from our left and right channels and from all subsidiary channels the impure energy winds depart..."

sequences in meditation will go wrong as frame stacking confuses time and co-ordination, simmilarly anything with physical co-ordination will be compromised.

finally the visualization of buddhas and bodhisattvas has a purpose that can be undermined by entheogen which generates it's own cast. One would want to reserve purposeful visualizations for clearer mind states, where they will do the most good.

so if it comes up, fine, but if you are intentionally mixing meditation and entheogen I vote no on this more complex recipe.

you can see that it is good for preparation of a meditation session and not used afterwards. after and especially during deep meditation, natural frame stacking occurs and one will not be working with sequences this complex.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Try this mediation see if it works for you *buddhism* [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3520373 - 12/19/04 02:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

on hallucinogens is ometimes cant remember how to turn on a tv let alone visualize black light flowing though my nanny poo channel.

ill stick to breath watching, calm observing of thoughts, and mantra meditations.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Try this mediation see if it works for you *buddhism* [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3523102 - 12/20/04 03:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ya i disagree

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
    #3524420 - 12/20/04 04:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

whole9 said:
ya i disagree

:lol: :lol: :lol:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3524910 - 12/20/04 06:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

you disagree with what?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Try this mediation see if it works for you *buddhism* [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3526875 - 12/21/04 09:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
you disagree with what?

are you disagreeing that i disagree with disagreers?  :mushroom2: lol I have no clue.... I agree with you actually believe it or not that the post I made, has no realitivity with this post.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology