Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
addiction and drugs
    #999781 - 10/28/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i felt i had to post this. im not to preach, but im telling you of things around me, and how i see them...
i never thought i would be writing shit like this...im seeing my friends killing themselves in front of me, i can feel there pain of addiction, its like their souls are screaming for peace.
my best friend got out the marines, moved back to the neiborhood and got into yae, he got into it initially just to be cool, i told him not to. now hes an addict, hes different, hes shady. hes killing himself.
another friend just got out of jail, he was in for 6 months, now hes back on yae, what a waste of potential...
my neibhors have been dealing with a meth addiction for years. let me break it down for ya...three sons, one mom, the oldest was addicted tough for a year, he stoped all drugs when he got off, he made it. the middle son just started doing it like 4 months ago, already hes stealing from his family, and spending at least $50 a day on it. the youngest son who is 15 just smokes weed, but hes around this all the time....im going to talk to him and tell him what i think b/c he looks up to me, and thats why im stopping all my drug use, and alcohol use while living here, i can only lead by example and hopefully some will follow. now, living with this family is a girl whos 22 yrs old, her mom was and is a meth addict, this girl, who we will call 'beth' has been doing it for 10 years, everyday, she lives with my neibhors cause she is homeless, but a friend of the oldest son. so meth is always around cause of her and the middle age son. now 'beth' has a 2 year old child, she has no custody of him whatsoever, how many lives can just one addiction ruin? 'beth' was arrested yesterday and the cops found meth on her, she was on probation, now shes most likely going to spend some time in jail.

im quitting drugs, not b/c they are bad, but b/c many people have problems with them, and i love those people. so i beg of you, if your addicted to anything, get help....spiritually the hunger of addiction will wear a soul down until one day suicide looks like the only way out.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: addiction and drugs [Re: CleverName]
    #999807 - 10/28/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Out of all that, do you believe in the drug war?

Do you believe drugs should be legallized or not?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineCleverName

Re: addiction and drugs [Re: johnnyfive]
    #999913 - 10/28/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i believe in freedom, totally.
the drug war is a waste of money

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
    #999929 - 10/28/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This might sound bad, but maybe they should be put in jail. all of them. Just to let them know you are fucking with the wrong stuff. of coarse that is the hard road to take, but if thats all they will understand, then so be it.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineCleverName

Re: addiction and drugs [Re: GrowingVines]
    #999953 - 10/28/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

nah, our prisons would only make them worse, there is no rehabilitaion in our jails, not too mention they are packed too full already. imo the only time peeps should go to jailis for violent offenses. what they need is to go to a real rehab, and they need loved ones for support

--------------------

this is the purpose

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
    #999997 - 10/28/02 12:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What helps all addicts is to find personal meaning in their lives.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Anonymous

Re: addiction and drugs [Re: the universe]
    #1000002 - 10/28/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's very noble of you to give up drugs so you can lead by example.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1000084 - 10/28/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

There's this line spoken by Mike Myers' character in the movie "54".
It was supposed to be a heartless response to a elderly woman's overdose... but I found truth in it.
It was something like "she couldn't handle her drugs..."

Unless someone forced you to take a drug, it's YOUR fault if you screw up your life (in whatever way) "because of drugs".

Addiction is a psychological phenomenon.  A neural loop has been activated and it only furthers an addictive personality.  I've never been addicted to anything (except water, gum, and chapstick :wink:)... however, I also don't have an addictive personality.  I've never done heroin (I'm not going to either... needles-->EESH!!), but then again... I'm not a pleasure-seeker, so I stay away from those kinds of drugs (this includes phenethylamines).

Drugs have no will. 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: addiction and drugs [Re: Sclorch]
    #1000967 - 10/28/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Come on now, everybody's a pleasure seeker. Let's be real here.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: addiction and drugs [Re: the universe]
    #1000985 - 10/28/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, chief. Hedonism just isn't my thing. It's too selfish.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I'm not.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1001053 - 10/28/02 07:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Bill Hicks said something like that (drug abusers are sick, and can't be cured in jail).

I think drug addiction is for stupid IDs who can't handle themselves.

I used to live with one and he would swear off a drug and the next day start doing it again. He also couldn't keep a secret and he made a lot of stupid decissions. All for the sake of instant gratifacation.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineCleverName

#1001176 - 10/28/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Unless someone forced you to take a drug, it's YOUR fault if you screw up your life (in whatever way) "because of drugs".

yes, i agree, with total freedom comes total responsibility

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineCleverName

Re: addiction and drugs [Re: Murex]
    #1001184 - 10/28/02 08:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

try and have compassion, after all your only judging yourself, many people addicted hate it, its far beyond mere pleasure seeking,

--------------------

this is the purpose

Anonymous

#1001245 - 10/28/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

CleverName, this is for you. It is taken from our Other Drugs FAQ:

We live in a world filled with drugs. They can be used in smart ways or dangerous ways. Certain authorities, i.e. politicians, police officers, pastors, parents etc will often lie or be hypocritical about drugs. Many of your friends may use drugs and you may have opportunities to experiment with them yourself if you haven't done so already. Even though certain authorities are dishonest about the dangers of drugs they do not want used it does not mean those drugs are safe. All drugs are dangerous.

If you never use drugs you can be certain you will never have a problem with them. That is the only way you can be certain of that. There is nothing wrong with that decision and if you make that decision you might have more choices open to you than your friends who use drugs. Remember that if someone tries to pressure you into taking drugs. Others may think you aren't cool if you won't use drugs but you really will not be missing anything. Every experience you can have with drugs can be had in others ways. If you decided to experiment with drugs, whether approved or disapproved, make sure:

1. You know exactly what you are taking.

2. Where they come from.

3. How they will affect your body and mind.

4. What precautions you should take to contain their potential for harm.

Forming good relationships with drugs requires awareness and practice.

Don't use drugs unconsciously and don't spend time around people who do.

If you use illegal drugs remember the terrible things that being arrested can do to you and your family. On the other hand don't think the just because a drug is legal it is safe. Some of the most dangerous drugs are legal. You are less likely to have problems if you take mild forms of natural drugs by mouth now and then, and even more so if you take them for positive reasons according to rules you set for yourself. You are more likely to have problems if you take strong drugs often especially you take them because you're unhappy or bored or just because you have them or can get them easily.

Lastly, wanting to feel high does not mean they is something wrong with you. Or that you have an unhealthy desire to escape reality. It is normal to want to vary your consciousness. Drugs are just one way of doing it, though, and if you come to rely on them before you are mature you may not be able to appreciate a whole range of non-drug experiences that are more subtle but more rewarding over time. There is no question that drugs can make you high. But they are difficult to master and may fail you if you take them all the time.

If you know you cannot handle drugs you are wise not to use them.

Best of luck,

OfflineCleverName

Re: addiction and drugs [Re: ]
    #1001321 - 10/28/02 09:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, i agree

--------------------

this is the purpose

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds