Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Tobacco [Re: johnnyfive]
    #971693 - 10/18/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

A little more, johnnyfive...

If you aren't anything like those religious folks, then why were you talking about biblical prophecies, hmm?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Tobacco [Re: Phluck]
    #971754 - 10/18/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hmmmm its like this.. i believe alot of what the bible says, but i don't believe a word a christian says!!!!!!

Christians are the most confused people, like many others out there in my opinon.

No drug use didn't become illegal due to all that, look just look up why marijuana was prohibited. First off the people never voted to have marijuana illegalized, but when it was illegalized by the gov. they didn't care because they were fueled by racist thoughts about the subject.

So why are they still busting medical marijuana clubs?

I don't know everything about the NWO, or all that shit, im just explaining what i believe, and or how things reallly work.

Did you know that even eminem knows of the NWO, listen to his lastest hit(lose yo self)(he only mentions it though, i dought he would say much in his lyrics anyways)? Ya know bush in his state of the union address spoke of the Nwo. Ok there not going to deny a one world goverment but when it happenes it will appear to be light that saves humanitys asses. But they are what created the tryanny in the beginning, create the chaos, offer the order. Order in chaos, is way it works, youll be be surpised what this country will do under the viel of national security.

Well if im wrong, then WHAT IS the New World Order, because its mentioned every once in awhile on tv too, for example Peter jennings on ABC mentioned it during, a pawn shop news breif he says, "(short laugh) the new world order", what funny about it is, when you hear it, you only hear the name they don't ever say much. Ok lets say there isn't a grand conspiracy what is everyone talking about ... bush, peter jennings, when they mention it they don't say much about, so what is it?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (10/18/02 07:08 AM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #971762 - 10/18/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Im in no way saying that eminem is in on the deal. All im saying is that the word " New World Order" is appearing in our lives now, so what is it then?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #971766 - 10/18/02 06:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What i hate about the conspiracy culture is that it has been plagued with thoughts of ET's. There are no ET's, and if there are there sooo far away, that they would never reach us!

Evolving: i don't knw i can only guess?

--------------------

Edited by johnnyfive (10/18/02 07:01 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #971936 - 10/18/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Still has nothing to do with a secret conspiracy to install a new world order.

I never said it was. I just pointed out a few goals and objectives that corporations have in common.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#972284 - 10/18/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Here's a quote from Bush Sr, from a speech he made back in '91

"Now, we can see a new world coming into view. A world in which there is the very real prospect of a new world order. In the words of Winston Churchill, a "world order" in which "the principles of justice and fair play ... protect the weak against the strong ..." A world where the United Nations, freed from cold war stalemate, is poised to fulfil the historic vision of its founders. A world in which freedom and respect for human rights find a home among all nations. "

You can easily use the phrase "new world order" without referring to a giant international conspiracy for a world government, which is what Bush is doing here.

Sounds like Peter Jennings was making a joke. You'd have to hear it in context. A reference to Bush Sr's speech? A reference to goofy conspiracy nuts? Probably one of those two.

"Did you know that even eminem knows of the NWO?"
Yeah, I know, everyone's HEARD of it, just like everyon's heard of UFO's, ESP, bigfoot, the loch ness monster, Jesus, the Care Bears, and Indiana Jones. They're still myths or fictional stories.

As for the drug war, yes, racism did fuel the start of the drug war, but it wasn't people saying "we should make opium illegal because those chinese like to use it". They were thinking "we should make opium illegal because it makes the chinese lazy and stupid".

There wasn't a vote to make marijuana illegal because that's simply not how laws are passed. Well, there was a vote actually... in congress.

They're still busting medical marijuana clubs because they still can. The laws say they can prosecute the clubs, lots of people still think medical marijuana is evil, so they do it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#972290 - 10/18/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, and about the bible. What makes you believe in it so much?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #972298 - 10/18/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

we should make opium illegal because it makes the chinese lazy and stupid".

I don't think so - it's widely known that to get chinese labourers to do the back breaking work (which no white man would even attempt) of building the american railway lines, opium was being shipped in by the bushel. It was the only thing that enabled them to do the work.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tobacco [Re: Xlea321]
    #972301 - 10/18/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, well, lazy and stupid wasn't the reason... had something to do with the Chinese using the opium to corrupt white women, but it's the same deal really.
Opium is an evil chinese thing. So we've gotta get rid of it.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #972348 - 10/18/02 01:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think it was a combination of the chinese workers being able to work in conditions and for pay that white americans didn't like to accept which was putting americans out of work. Being a minority there was a lot of resentment against them, politicians tuned into this - attacking the chinese got them votes - so they simply picked on opium as a good way of sticking it to the chinese.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #972544 - 10/18/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****Oh, and about the bible. What makes you believe in it so much?****

i'm guessing faith.......(i sense a trap somewhere...hmmmmm)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: Tobacco [Re: Innvertigo]
    #972831 - 10/18/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Theory: Marijuana is the corperation killer, if legalized the three largest corperations(oil, petro-chemical, pharmacutical) will fall. Due to the fact that cannabis creates better products, and less hazordous products then these are. You can't patient a plant so make it illegal.

Why do they keep perpetuating the lies over and over agian? Why does GW bush say, "DRUGS threatten EVERYTHING?" Why does the goverment even need to lie? even then(1937)? Marijuana kills everyone (refer madness), when it turns out, it kills NOBODY?

Marijuana is a perfect example on how corperations hold more weight in the world!

[[[[[[ Dr. Daniel Angres, a drug counselor and parent, is alarmed at how casual many parents have become about their children smoking pot.

"Their attitude is, thank God it's not cocaine or Ecstasy," he said. "This is so frightening to me."

Angres, director of a drug treatment program at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, has joined a government-sponsored campaign to wake up parents about the dangers of marijuana.

On Thursday, Angres spoke about the campaign, launched by the White House drug czar, that includes ads, Web sites and partnerships with influential groups such as the National PTA and American Medical Association.

Angres and other experts detailed some of the scary stuff researchers are discovering:

* The percentage of eighth-graders who smoke marijuana has doubled in the last decade, to 20 percent.

* More kids enter rehab for pot than for all other drugs combined.

* One out of 11 pot smokers becomes addicted.

* The concentration of marijuana's active ingredient, THC, is 30 times higher today than 20 years ago.

* Kids who smoke pot are more likely to get poor grades, engage in risky sex, cut classes, steal, attack people, destroy property and have difficulty concentrating and remembering.

* The younger kids are when they first smoke marijuana, the more likely it is they will abuse drugs as adults. But if they haven't smoked pot by 17, they probably never will.

Parents have more influence than they may think. One survey found that only 7 percent of kids 12-17 who believe their parents would strongly disapprove if they tried pot once or twice had used an illegal drug in the last 30 days. But 31 percent of kids who said their parents wouldn't strongly disapprove used an illegal drug.

Here are some things experts say parents can do to keep kids off pot:

Strongly prohibit marijuana, and if you catch kids smoking, punish them. Eat dinner together. Know who your children's friends are and what they're doing.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Drug Policy Director Warns Parents Against Trivializing the Dangers of Marijuana Use to Their Kids

The Associated Press ABC News

Sept. 17 &#8212; The nation's drug policy director warned parents Tuesday against trivializing the dangers of marijuana to their kids, warning them that more teens are addicted to pot than to alcohol or to all other illegal drugs combined.

Many parents and children have outdated perceptions about marijuana, said John Walters, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. They believe marijuana is not addictive, that it's less dangerous than cigarettes or that it has few long-term health consequences.

In reality, more teens enter rehabilitation centers to treat marijuana addiction than alcohol or all other illegal drugs combined, Walters said.

"Our effort is to correct the ignorance that is the single biggest obstacle to protecting our kids," he said as he announced an advertising campaign by his office and 17 education, public health, anti-drug and family advocacy groups.

The national effort will include advertisements on television, radio and print media, along with ones that will air in NFL stadiums and inside game programs.

"For too long our nation's teens have been getting the wrong message about marijuana. Youth popular culture has trivialized the real harm of marijuana in kids," Walters said.

A common misperception is that smoking marijuana is less dangerous than smoking a cigarette, said Surgeon General Richard Carmona. But marijuana contains three to five times more tar and carbon monoxide than a comparable amount of tobacco, he said. It also affects the brain in ways similar to cocaine and heroin.

Carmona said that one out of five eighth-graders has tried marijuana twice as many who tried it a decade ago.

"Marijuana is not a rite of passage but a dangerous behavior that could have serious health consequences. Parents must realize that what they tell their children about drug use makes a difference," Carmona said.

Marsha Rosenbaum, director of the Safety First Project of the Drug Policy Alliance, disputed some of Walters' figures. "What can he possibly be talking about?" she said. "Alcohol dwarfs marijuana in terms of use. It's true that half of high school students have experimented with marijuana, but 80 percent have used alcohol."

Rosenbaum, whose project is meant to educate parents about teenagers and drugs, said: "The notion that marijuana is addictive, as evidenced by increased treatment rolls, is misleading. ... When young people are caught they have a choice between getting kicked out of school, losing their jobs or going to treatment. What would you do?"

The result, Rosenbaum said, is that teenagers are counted as addicts "even if they simply smoked a joint on Saturday night."

The Drug Policy Alliance describes itself as independent drug policy reform group which promotes alternatives to the war on drugs.

In Washington, Dr. Richard Corlin, former president of the American Medical Association, urged parents, teachers, doctors and anyone else working with children to stop sending conflicting signals.

"We must lead by example and not use marijuana ourselves or condone its use by anyone of any age," he said.

"We'd rather kids didn't use drugs," Rosenbaum agreed. "But we need to educate them properly and be there to help them out if they do get into trouble."

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Whats you explaination for all  this man?

The reason i believe the bible and not christians is that, the bible says that in the end, NOBODY can't point to the coming of christ, for christ will BE FOUND IN YOURSELF! The anti-christ is anti finding god in yourself. Tim leary was declared the most dangerous man on earth!

" Questions about psychedelics remain unanswered because our basic questions about consciousness remains unanswered "    -Timothy Leary

I believe that if we ever understand consciousness then we may just figure out god, our origins, life and its purposes. All of these questions remains unanswered to this date. I believe that all people are connected by there subconsciousness.

I believe that the bible means god in self, by the 3rd eye. The 3rd Eye (which really isn't an eye, more like an organ in your head) is god. God is a state of mind. When early scientist cracked open the head they couldn't find a reason for this organ. What does it do? What is its purpose? Under the influence of (visionary plants) chemicals, dreams, or apon death the organ is activated. This organ is responsible for our consciousness. When these plants alter our consciousness than MANY people get a sense of god. This is only because god is a state of mind and that god is in YOU!

Or im just crazy i guess :grin:

--------------------

Edited by johnnyfive (10/18/02 04:53 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#974504 - 10/19/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Most of the facts in those articles are perfectly true. They aren't lying.

But:

"Kids who smoke pot are more likely to get poor grades, engage in risky sex, cut classes, steal, attack people, destroy property and have difficulty concentrating and remembering."

Comes from something like:

"Some people have personalities that make more likely to engage in risky behaviour and to rebel. They often get poor grades, take drugs and alcohol, engage in risky sex, cut classes, steal, attack people, and destroy property."

Mixed with:

"While under the influence of marijuana, the user will have difficulty concentrating and remembering."

They don't really have to lie, just present the facts in a certain way. They believe these things themselves because that's the way that they interpreted the data. The same way that you've interpreted the information that you have to mean that there's an international conspiracy going on.

A lot of people honestly believe that marijuana is really bad, and should be illegal, you don't need to be lied to in order to form that opinion. I don't see what's so hard to believe about this.

Oh, and by the way, you didn't even read all the way through your second article. The last half is about drug war reforms.

"The reason i believe the bible and not christians is that, the bible says that in the end, NOBODY can't point to the coming of christ, for christ will BE FOUND IN YOURSELF! The anti-christ is anti finding god in yourself. Tim leary was declared the most dangerous man on earth!"

Umm. Okay. Why do you believe what an old book says?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #974523 - 10/19/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of people honestly believe that marijuana is really bad, and should be illegal, you don't need to be lied to in order to form that opinion.

100 years ago opium and heroin were in as much common use as aspirin today. No-one thought twice about it. How did it go from a complete and utter non-issue to being a "scourge" that everyone must be frightened of? Surely systematic propaganda and lies are to blame for this change in atitude?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tobacco [Re: Xlea321]
    #974618 - 10/19/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sure, they help.
But there are lots of well informed people who have strong anti-drug opinions.

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #974739 - 10/19/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ya and i bet those people never tryed it too. Its funny how so many could make assumptions about weed and never try it.

--------------------

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #975132 - 10/19/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Phluck-
your website rocks

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #976029 - 10/20/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

But there are lots of well informed people who have strong anti-drug opinions.

The opinions arn't really the problem, everyone on earth could have a strong anti-drug opinion as long as they were still legal. Drugs are illegal because of propaganda and lies - not well informed opinion.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale