Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: schizo85]
    #9593993 -

I'll rationalize my beliefs in a minute; I'm eating right now, but I believe in balance. I guess this can be interpreted (but not in a strict sense of the word) as karma.

From a causality perspective, negative stimulus precipitate negative responses (i.e cause and effect). However this isn't always the case, for instance people murder other people and get away with it quite regularly. You see the way I see it is that balance doesn't apply specifically to one person, place, time or event, but generally to the whole population.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: Asante]
    #9594036 -

I'm not up on astrophysics. Is it the current theory that the universe will eventually collapse upon itself, resulting in another big bang?

I sometimes like to think that the universe itself is conscious while tripping hard. Sort of an interconnectedness of points of consciousness. A universal self. What such a belief would imply if I chose to pursue it I don't know. But it was fun to think about and a relatively pleasant state of mind.

The universe may reincarnate in some fashion, but I doubt individual nodes of self or individuality would. Just a thought.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: GoaM]
    #9594105 -

Quote:
Is it the current theory that the universe will eventually collapse upon itself, resulting in another big bang?




It really depends on who you ask. Me I believe the universe will crumble to dust, and then the dust itself disintegrates, leaving just the Void.

From the Void the material universe came, and dissolve in the void it will. But then again, I see this as a cycle. Big Bangs as a statistical occurrence. A literally cosmic phenomenon.

A void riddled with humongous black holes and material universes.

Quote:
I sometimes like to think that the universe itself is conscious while tripping hard. Sort of an interconnectedness of points of consciousness. A universal self. What such a belief would imply if I chose to pursue it I don't know. But it was fun to think about and a relatively pleasant state of mind.




The Universe IS conscious. We are parts of the Universe, and the Universe is conscious through us. The wheel can be invented on different planets, so our minds draw from a space that is interconnected.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: schizo85]
    #9594226 -

Depends on what perspective you take on karma, really.

The cause/effect more practical definition I can see some value in, but karma has also been used to suppress and control people (like with Hinduism)


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: circularvortex]
    #9594252 -

Can someone explain the Buddhist stance on karma to me?

I believe we make our own destinies, and its possible that even if we do the right thing everyday, then shitty stuff can still happen to us.

The balance comes from going through those hard times and coming out of it with new knowledge and perspective.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #9594569 -

Tea said:
Karma isnt some God or Gods sitting on a cloud and rewarding your good deeds or your bad deeds being punished. Karma is a Result of your actions.....cause and effect. Nothing more.



:qft:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you believe in karma? [Re: Atheist]
    #9605886 -

Atheist said:
karma is fake.

if you are good to people, it increases the chances of them being good to you.

but its not like 'omg destiny has been so fair to me!!'.... that kind of karma is fake in my opinion.

nothing is watching us keepin score about how nice we are (god, santa claus, etc)

you should be a good person cuz its the right thing to do, not because of karma or some book



Well, I believe you have something in common with me and I believe in Karma. It is more of cause and effect IMO. The concept of rebirth is a remnant of old religious dogma and fluff.

You gotta see some acts as selfless. You can't count on some great reward coming back to you in this lifetime though. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Karma exists and is a present force in everyones life.
( 1 2 3 all )
ModestMouse 1,750 41 01/14/15 06:55 PM
by Acaterpillar
* Karma, Do you believe in it?
( 1 2 all )
Connor4050 3,118 36 04/26/10 02:49 AM
by plurfekt
* America's Karma? Ravus 989 18 08/03/05 05:12 PM
by Todcasil
* Ever experience instant Karma? x Ju x 1,174 16 11/05/11 02:38 PM
by passifloracaerulea
* Karma Tds 438 12 05/20/10 04:18 PM
by wowcoolman
* Karma Quartknee 419 12 11/17/15 01:49 PM
by Bigfeely123
* Karma bhamlaxy 1,389 14 02/03/07 10:34 PM
by eligal
* Karma Rebelutionsssss 327 13 11/08/16 11:56 PM
by tyrannicalrex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,138 topic views. 6 members, 7 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.