Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Adamist]
    #12455956 -

Adamist said:
When you add reincarnation into the equation, karma incurred during past lives can cause repercussions in this life.

The reason that bad things happen to good people is because of actions performed in previous incarnations.

If you fucked someone over in a previous life, eventually that energy recycles into this one so that you experience a similar level of pain that you caused.

This is just my basic understanding of it.. I do think there is truth to our ideas of karma and reincarnation, but I also suspect our beliefs about how these things really work is somewhat off.

What we call karma is probably just our limited interpretation of something infinitely more complex and beyond our comprehension.



I don't buy into the whole reincarnation and past lives thing. Though I haven't researched it, AT ALL, it seems like hippy talk from the outside.
What if life is just a roll of the dice and a flip of a coin... and bad things happen to good people just because it's a cold fucking world and bad shit happens a lot?


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Edited by Frost (04/25/10 08:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: NastyDHL]
    #12455958 -

That's what those buddhists call "right intention".

I believe in some kind of universal balance, don't know if my perception is karma or what, but I think in a general kind of way everything tends towards an equlibrium.. a state of least energy. I think the common perception of karma is what a chemist would call "Le Chatellier's principle".. and I believe in this to a degree as well; when a system is subjected to a change, the system acts in a manner to minimize the effect of the change (i.e. counteract it), in an attempt to attain a state of least energy.

I visualise it as a sine wave.. ultimately the area swept out by the curve is equal to zero.

(I think in terms of science and math, with a hint of pseudo spirituality thrown in :suicide:).


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Frost]
    #12455978 -

Frost said:
Adamist said:
When you add reincarnation into the equation, karma incurred during past lives can cause repercussions in this life.

The reason that bad things happen to good people is because of actions performed in previous incarnations.

If you fucked someone over in a previous life, eventually that energy recycles into this one so that you experience a similar level of pain that you caused.

This is just my basic understanding of it.. I do think there is truth to our ideas of karma and reincarnation, but I also suspect our beliefs about how these things really work is somewhat off.

What we call karma is probably just our limited interpretation of something infinitely more complex and beyond our comprehension.



I don't buy into the whole reincarnation and past lives thing. Though I haven't researched it, AT ALL, it seems like hippy talk from the outside.
What if life is just a roll of the dice and a flip of a coin... and bad things happen to good people just because it's a cold fucking world and bad shit happens a lot?



I'm going to have to agree with this.

I believe life is just random occurring events that happen for no reason. not because some sort of energy is causing bad shit to happen because you have "negative karma".


--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Connor4050]
    #12456009 -

You said it yourself man.  If you rob somebody's house, you are inviting bad shit to happen to you.  That's karma.  Except it also applies to thoughts, and to past lives.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: g00ru]
    #12456051 -

guruu said:
You said it yourself man.  If you rob somebody's house, you are inviting bad shit to happen to you.  That's karma.  Except it also applies to thoughts, and to past lives.



Yes, but if you break into someones house that they know who you are and where you live, that's almost expected that something is going to happen to you.

But if you broke into some completely random strangers house, and the next day you got hit by a car and died, I believe that had nothing to do with "karma" but just how life works from random occurring events.


--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Edited by Connor4050 (04/25/10 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Connor4050]
    #12456092 -

Well maybe, but I tend to believe that cause and effect relationships in the universe are infinitely complex.  Read about dependent origination, which is a Buddhist concept. Basically it says that everything is dependent upon everything else to exist, that the universe is entirely interconnected. If that's the case, then it's impossible that any single event is truly random.  It's all caused by something.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: g00ru]
    #12456101 -

guruu said:
Well maybe, but I tend to believe that cause and effect relationships in the universe are infinitely complex.  Read about dependent origination, which is a Buddhist concept. Basically it says that everything is dependent upon everything else to exist, that the universe is entirely interconnected. If that's the case, then it's impossible that any single event is truly random.  It's all caused by something.



Alright, I'll keep an open mind and check it out. :thumbup:


--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Connor4050]
    #12456179 -

I don't really like using the words karma and reincarnation.. it's like the words god or religion.

They are loaded terms, and some people automatically close their minds to the possibilities upon hearing them.

The truth is most likely stranger/more complex than we could ever begin to fully understand.


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Adamist]
    #12456314 -

Fiction is still stranger than truth.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: deCypher]
    #12456318 -

You sure about that? I think reality is much stranger than we realize...


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Adamist]
    #12456323 -

I don't believe in Karma, but I do like that show "My Name Is Earl"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Adamist]
    #12456398 -

Adamist said:
You sure about that? I think reality is much stranger than we realize...



i was on an lsd trip last week and reality was way too bizarre for me to accept...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: NastyDHL]
    #12456461 -

there is nothing mystical about karma
literally translated, the word means "action" -- IE, action/reaction, or the laws of cause and effect (specifically as relates to awareness)

all it's meant to imply is that your state of mind determines your perception of the world and other people


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: laserpig] * 1
    #12456651 -

i dont see it as your nice friend being dealt her dose of karma for wrongs she has done, more that the homeless junkie has now balanced his karma in a negative way and sooner or late more bad will come to him.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #12456743 -

Does +1 count as karma?

I genuinely wonder these things sometimes...


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12456860 -

I believe if we do good things, our mindset will change to where we have an overall positive outlook on life.  If someone gets screwed over, they will view their situation much better than someone who has done bad things.  All the things we view good or bad, are determined in our minds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma, Do you believe in it? [Re: tito123]
    #12457926 -

A long time ago when I was in a tough situation I did some things to make it go away.  I ended up hurting an innocent girl.  At the time I was so drugged out nothing mattered except a moments silence.. silence screaming in my ears.

I went through a lot after that.  It wasn't until I did LSD that the shame really hit.

I think about that girl, who's face I can barely remember.. a girl who told my friends to tell me that she wants me dead, a girl I thought was beautiful, funny, smart.  A girl that I hurt (not physically or emotionally).

My life has been a living hell ever since.  I completely believe in Karma, hell.. it lead me here.

I spend most of my life completely ashamed of who I am, who I've become and all the things I did, especially this.  I dream up situations where I could make up for it, take a bullet, take a charge, send an anonymous package full of money to the girl.  I dream of what it's like to be forgiven, knowing I'll never see the day.

Back when I did those things I wasn't who I am now.. now that I am who I am now I can't go back and not do those things.

I feel like karma has been having it's way with me for quite a while.. all I can ask whatever thing us pagans can relate to as god; how can I make up for this.. what can I do, to change?  When will I know when I've made up for this, will the punishment never end?

I sit alone.  I'm alone all the time.

And all I can see is that girl, and all the things I wish I had done differently, all the possibilities that no longer exist.

In a strange way, I care more about that girl then I do myself.. I barely knew her.

Karma doesn't exist, at least.. that's what I used to believe.

I've talked to people about it, and the best piece of advice anyone gave me was to do good deeds.  Random acts of kindness.  Give when it hurts to give..

So now I give up my seat on the bus, I hold all the doors and I never try to hurt anyone.  But whatever it was that made me do those things from the beginning will always be that other side of me, the side I'll never want anyone to see.

I fucking hate myself.

A year ago I believed I was a sociopath.

How's that for karma?

EDIT_

On a more spiritual note, I believe all living creatures are connected - some are more conscious of this fact.

It's like.. if most of the wheels on the bus are turning for evil, it's most likely that it rolls the wrong way for the majority of people.  And vice versa.. if there was 90% good people with good intentions of the world, there would be a lot less bad going around.

I had a realization on LSD, that the movie or "idea" behind Pass it on, was the most brilliant thing I had ever heard of.  It made sense to me on in a sociological perspective.. I remember looking around at all the people.. wondering, if the slightest actions on my part.. could guide the entire crowd, if performed clever.

I failed to act.  It didn't end pretty.. hippies getting punched and landing on black lights, watching blood poor out of someone's face who I had just-so-randomly been in the psych ward with, the cops came...lights turned back on.

I remember when I said goodbye to the guy who was bleeding (and started the fight yet no one but me knew, and as he wasn't entirely there upstairs I let this detail slide until later on).

He asked me for a cig.  I said sure.  He asked for another one, I said hehe, okay man.  I let him use my lighter..

I turned to leave the building, and the town

He looked up at me and said "Your leaving?", I said Yeah.  Asked "Are you ever coming back?", and I said "No, I don't think so.. take care" and I left him with my special lighter.

I felt bad for him.  This was my second time ever experiencing empathy.

The entire night up to that point I had contemplated knocking him out.. to save the night, I had even talked to my friends about it.

I saw a lot of flaws in my character that night.

Edited by plurfekt (04/26/10 02:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Karma Tds 438 12 05/20/10 04:18 PM
by wowcoolman
* America's Karma? Ravus 989 18 08/03/05 05:12 PM
by Todcasil
* Ever experience instant Karma? x Ju x 1,174 16 11/05/11 02:38 PM
by passifloracaerulea
* Karma bhamlaxy 1,389 14 02/03/07 10:34 PM
by eligal
* gawd I LOVE karma
( 1 2 3 all )
Muppet 2,916 40 05/27/09 03:34 PM
by Bridgeburner
* Believe in good Karma? I do after $420
( 1 2 all )
laska 4,570 33 05/01/07 04:23 AM
by blissedout
* A lesson in Karma....
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 2,544 30 06/30/05 02:24 PM
by Ravus
* Fuck Karma! The World is Governed by Chaos
( 1 2 all )
pantsboy 3,581 29 08/12/06 02:35 PM
by notapillow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,118 topic views. 8 members, 44 guests and 95 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.