Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Trip Report: Doomed to get sick all of the time?
    #953294 - 10/11/02 09:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't want to read the story of my first bad trip, please skip to the question.
First the story:

All of my trips on mushrooms were for the most part great until my first bad one. I was 16 and my grandmother had just died so my parents were in Winnipeg and my sister was taking care of me. Me and three of my friends decided to do mushrooms and go to see The Waterboy. When we got off of the bus we had an hour and a half to kill, so we went down by the water at Londsdale Quay and I ate an eighth. Things weren't that bad at all, except there were always bike cops riding around because they built a hotel there. So we went up to the theater and I was tripping pretty hard. When we got there I told me friends to buy my ticket for me because I didn't want to see a lot of people. So I'm sitting on these steps around the corner from the theater and who comes and sits next to me but a really old street bum. This tripped me out a bit but not nearly as bad as when six... yes six fricken bike cops in yellow RCMP jackets came up to talk to him soon after. Of course, when they were approaching I thought they were coming to talk to me because I was beginning to become paranoid. It was all downhill from there. Once I realized they were there to interogate the bum I got up and walked away. My friends came and met up with me and I insisted we go down and chill by the water again. I started feeling sick, and went out and stood on some wooden lookout over the water. As I leaned on the railing and looked down at the water the patterns in it only made me feel sicker to my stomach. The bike cops rode by us yet again and I was about to go insane. I started throwing up but nothing was coming out (dry heaving). My friends were just laughing and said it's ok, "we'll get you into McDonalds and sit down" and right when I heard the word McDonald's, I thought of their food and started dry heaving again. Even I thought it was funny that saying the word McDonalds had set me off puking again, but when I tried to laugh about it any laughter would quickly turn to me whining about how I was going to die. My vision started to get all blurry and I could barely see anything. Usually when I throw up my eyes water, and as I was dry heaving I was trying as hard as I could to cry. I needed some sort of release and I knew letting tears out would help. But it was no use, my eyes stayed completely dry. I told my best friend to call a cab so I could get to the hospital. So he did and told my other two friends that he was going to stay with me, so they went to the show. When the cab got there I can't really remember. We got in and my friend was asking me if I wanted to go to the hospital. I said we could go to my house. On the ride home I held myself together and when it was time to get out my friend said, "are you going to get out?" And when I looked I couldn't find the doorhandle. Finally, after about half a minute I found it and opened the door and we walked about a block to my house. When we got back I told my sister that we were just going to play video games in my room. Which we did. Playstation on a 14 inch tv which was now a black and white tv because someone had spilt a drink into it. I'm not sure how long we played for, but then we stopped and just laid there. We'd pass out, and then what seemed like every five minutes I'd 'wake up' and ask my friend where we were. Then he'd ask me what time it was and we'd trip out on the clock. It was an hour ahead because I never change it when it's time to for daylight savings time. So that was messing with our heads. At around 11:30, I went along with my brother-in-law when he dropped my friend off. He had a hard time getting my attention and when he'd ask "this street? right here?" it seemed like it would take me forever to react. So after when we got home, I talked to my brother-in-law and my sister in the kitchen and everything was much better and I was so glad to be home. I went and lay in bed after that.
So that's the story of my first bad trip. I guess it wasn't so bad because I was able to turn it around. But the point at which I had lost my vision and thought I was going to die was probably the scariest moment of my life.

The Question:

Since then I have never consumed more than a gram at once. I know that isn't a lot at all, but it still gives me the desired effect. But, even when I only injest that much I still feel sick every... single... time. The trips don't really get bad because I am injesting so little. But even if I am having a good one I always have to throw up and when I do I feel much better. I'm not extremely nervous before I injest either. I tell myself I am not going to be sick, but good or not so good trip, either way my stomach just takes off on it's own and I throw up. Am I now doomed to get sick every time?

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Edited by geokills (10/12/02 09:01 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Am I doomed to get sick all of the time? [Re: TonyMontana]
    #953406 - 10/11/02 10:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I get the same problem when I eat over 2 grams. Have you tried buying some gelatin capsules and get a capping machine? I've used it and it works great, I get queasy, but it's no where near just eating them straight.
http://www.cap-m-quik.com/

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #955026 - 10/12/02 02:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, a fear/nausea imprinting...
well, brewing a tea (or uncle gnrm's psillycider :wink: ..) could help...
or some ginger (pills, tea, candied ginger roots, whatever...)
or some digerstive enzyme pills...
but for the fear/anxiety trigger thing, well.... maybe a little niacinamide,or  bit of valium,  some grandma's tummymint tea (celestial seasonigs brand), or some kavakava... y'know, something to take the "edge" off...
or something else...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#955099 - 10/12/02 03:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

No, you're not doomed. Depends on a few things. What you ate recently, the shrooms themselves, and how you ingest them. Orange juice cocktails work for me. So does milk. I've never tried tea, but heard it works, try different mixes.

--------------------

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: Am I doomed to get sick all of the time? [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #971379 - 10/18/02 04:02 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys; haven't had time to respond in a while.

daussaulit, I don't think I'll be buying the capping maching any time soon because I don't have the money, but I really like the idea. I regularily take Glucosamine Sulfate capsules along with vitamins :smile: and next time I think I'll dump a couple of them out and refill them.
To wash them down, I think I'll try milk. Last time I did them on a pretty much empty stomach with a few bites of sandwich in it and drank a bottle of iced tea along the way. After maybe a little over an hour my stomach began to feel uneasy and all I had was the bottle of iced tea with me so I kept drinking it. It didn't help. It just made me feel more and more full lol. Then it was time to throw up :mad:

This has probably been asked before, but is it better to eat them on an empty stomach or with some food? I'm guessing for me it would be better with some food to help absorb some of the "impact" lol (cannot think of a better word right now, I'm too tired) instead of letting my stomach handle it entirely on its own. 

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #971807 - 10/18/02 09:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

well good luck trying to fill them, I tried that, and holy crap it's hard. it took 4 1000mg capsules to get 1 gram in there, and the machine packs them down good too. It's less than $15 with shipping for the machine, I think it's worth it.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Trip Report: Doomed to get sick all of the time? [Re: TonyMontana]
    #971997 - 10/18/02 12:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

it seems everyone is telling you that the nausea is coming from how yer eating the shrooms, but i gots to disagree. throwing up is supposed to be all metaphorical n shtuff, its the way you purge your system. i personalliy think a traumatizing experience left you with a deeper than deep problem. your body seems to be trying to purge itself by releasing all the evils during a trip. i know it sounds krazy, but this is my personal experience as well. i hope im making sense, lol, cuz i dunno how to put what i mean into words
if it isnt anything spiritual, then what i would suggest is trip a couple of times, and each time, find a new position to stay in. meditate. at least until the com-up phase is well on its way. and i definitely wouldnt suggest milk. There's a reason milk causes gastrointenstinal problems in most people. It isnt made for humans. At least, cow's milk isnt. I would suggest soy milk. It would seem, however, that humans have adapted to putting cows milk in their bodies, and if it doesnt make you sik, go for it. but i think it'll make things worse

good luck to you,
hope you find a solution :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Trip Report: Doomed to get sick all of the time? [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1066321 - 11/19/02 03:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hey i agree with you man. my uncle taught me some wierd thing you do if you feel sick, especially nauseus.. you spit really loudly and violently and try to feel really angry and say like 'out!' loudly or violently in your head... works for me. also when i was in the midst of a really bad trip, i couldl ike feel it as a big lump of icy fear in my gut and when i decided i wasnt putting up with it anymore i gagged dry heaved, but i felt the lump passing out aNd then i was fine.. maybe thats not the way it is for everyone..  :ooo: :mad: :cool: :smile: :frown: :blush: :confused: :smirk: :shocked: :laugh: :crazy: :wink: :tongue: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports