Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1461267 - 04/15/03 07:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It is very important for everyone to realize that I understand that different techniques work for different people. In the spirit of that statement I would ask that you would also understand that my suggestion might help someone who has had a hard time when it comes to getting anything out of Salvia. Not everyone reacts the same way as all other people. I for one don't get much out of using a regular lighter. Maybe there are some other people that benefit from using my method.

I will admit that just because I've never met anyone that got off on salvia using just a lighter doesn't mean it ain't so.

If you checked out the links I put up you will find out why I made the remarks I did in my first post.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (04/15/03 07:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1462553 - 04/16/03 01:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just today I ordered a gram of 5x. Its coming from Chicago priority mail. So could possibly be here friday or saturday. I am extremely curious about Salvia, but also a little concerned considering the intense effects it can give. I plan on just starting with a small hit from a generic weed pipe and holding it for awhile to see if anything happens from that.

I realize its not a party drug, or a substitute for Marijuana. Its just that I have been hearing so much about it lately, and with the current political uproar about it, I felt that I better see what all the hoopla's about while its still legal.

If its something I would want to do again. I will buy some rooted cuttings and grow my own.

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Buddrow]
    #1463353 - 04/16/03 11:52 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was expecting it to be quite a chilled out and relaxing experience and it actually scared me quite a lot. It is very intense when it works properly so be prepared for that..

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rob_K]
    #1463912 - 04/16/03 03:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You can try a small hit but you usually only trip if you take a big ass hit... even so I've had some friends take big ass hits who didn't even trip... they just had a little offbeat weird agitated feeling that some enjoy but I happen to hate.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1464533 - 04/16/03 06:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'm basically anticipating that I won't "trip" at first. But "just in case" is the reason I am starting out small and building up to something I'm comfortable with.

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
    #1465001 - 04/16/03 09:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If it hits you hard just be prepared for some real headfuck! I didn't find the experience enjoyable at all, just really confusing. I love shrooms and the way they alter your perception of reality, but salvia actually made me completely lose my grip on reality and i didn't like it one bit.

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Edited by Rob_K (04/16/03 09:10 PM)

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rob_K]
    #1465015 - 04/16/03 09:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I may never want to do it again. But I don't want to be ignorant of what the experience is.

Offlinetrypyamine
    #1465049 - 04/16/03 09:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

For those who have had a mega dose of both DMT and salvia, wich is more powerful/strange/intense?

Edited by trypyamine (04/16/03 09:25 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: trypyamine]
    #1469879 - 04/18/03 12:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

For those who have had a mega dose of both DMT and salvia, wich is more powerful/strange/intense?

Thats like asking which tastes better, an apple or an orange... the effects are different... Salvia 'slowly' over a few seconds rips me away from my self and drops me into some reality spun from past memories sort of like a lucid dream. While in the dream, I have no idea that there is another side to life. It is a very powerful, intense, scary, draining experience. DMT takes me to another reality, not something based on my past or any other experience I have ever had. I am more aware of what is going on... I have more control over the ride because I know that it is a ride...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1470290 - 04/18/03 02:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I received my salvia today...just did my first test.

I took a pinch (maybe 1/4 bowl or less) and put it in a pipe. I used a standard bic lighter and put the flame to the mix for the entire hit much I slowly enhaled until I had burned out the bowl. I started feeling weird just as I was about to put down the bowl. Kinda dizzy, weird sensation. So I lay back on my bed still holding in the smoke. I am a little concerned that an intense sensation is hitting me this fast, but I don't panic and just lay back on my pillow.I let out the hit. my teeth and tongue are sinking into the bed but my throat is in the way, I feel a little like I am choking but moving my jaw around clears it up. This happens a few times, then I notice that wall is almost bulging out and I giggle a little. I sit up and realize I am quite dizzy, like being drunk but not spinning feeling.
Then I think I a noise and stash the pipe under the bed. This is quite an experience and I lay back slightly paranoid, but giggly again. My arms are quite heavy and an itch on my forehead is bothersome. I try to close my eyes and dream, but they refuse to stay shut for long, and I seem to prefer them open. The wall is the same and disbelief but no surprise. I hear something again and decide to stand up to investigate. Standing up I am still dizzy but not falling down. I giggle again. But not as enjoying a giggle would be. I look around the house and nothing there. But in the mirror yes.
Now I come here I feel something foggy headed. Like I smoked weed a couple hours ago maybe. My eyes aren't red. my left arm feels heavier than my right and I am warm. basically normal now..
20 min has passed since taking the hit.

later I try more.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

#1470713 - 04/18/03 04:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Cool dude.... that sounds like your average mild salvia experience. I've heard people say that they felt drunk and that they've felt like they were on the moon. I noticed you mentioned your teeth... Salvia seems to me to be the most sensitive on the mouth. I always feel like my mouth is trying to move or like my mouth is completely gone.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1470766 - 04/18/03 05:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe, my last post is kinda crazy. I was still feeling weird at the time. I went out and did some yard work for a couple hours. I felt happy and energetic, but now I could use a nap. I'm not sure next time if I should try to take a larger hit or try to take multiple hits. The effects hit me faster than I had anticipated. I'm not sure if I could even manage more than 2 before being too distracted or uncoordinated. I'm also thinking about smoking some outside on the grass in the nice weather we are having. Anyone have any ideas about the best setting? Or better way to smoke it? Maybe a bong would work?

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

#1470777 - 04/18/03 05:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, the mouth thing. Its hard to explain, but it felt like my teeth kept changing position sort of. Also like you metioned I had moments of losing the sensation of that area existing. But actually moving my jaw brought it back.

OfflineirieDANK
the irie one
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1471941 - 04/19/03 12:55 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

what kind of salvia have i been getting?? i went down to a head shop by my house and got a gram of the 15 extract kind for like 30 bucks i think. i split it with a friend and did all of it out of my 2 foot bong , i didn't get any visuals. all i got was a weird body high that made me feel like i was all wet??

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Nirvana]
    #1472399 - 04/19/03 03:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I can usually go to a completley diferent plane of reality of 3-4 hits dry leaf from a pipe, 2 if from a bong. mabey i'm just extra sensitive to the stuff. makes me wanna try the 10X though. You should try smoking a few hits while peaking on shrooms. thats an experience to talk about. I thought i was the chery of the bowl until I went out, then everything was black with echos and strange voices till i came back to where i could actually preceive my suroundings again. Far out trip.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: thestringphish]
    #1473713 - 04/19/03 06:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OK Last night when I was going to bed, I loaded maybe half a bowl of the loose leaf (5x). I didn't burn the entire bowl this time, but most of it. Also kind of as an expirament, I applied the flame to the leaf only long enough to get it burning. The trip I got was surprising because it was actually somewhat like acid in that for a couple minutes I was seeing swirling patterns forming in everything. I was fighting the experience pretty hard and only had a small area behind and to the right of my head that I felt was still part of reality. I had a fear if I let this area go I would be lost to the Salvia (not that this really makes sense now). When I realized I was coming down, I decided I could relax and try to sustain that level but it went away fairly quickly. After I few minutes I fell asleep and woke up about an hour and a half later with a painful spot in the back of my throat that I think was from the heat of the smoke. I got up drank some water and went back to sleep. This morning I felt fine. Both times so far I have been in better spirits following the experience than I was before. Today I have been energetic and silly.

Tonight, I try even more :smile:

Edited by Buddrow (04/19/03 07:43 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1476327 - 04/20/03 01:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If I load an average sized bowl 2/3 full and smoke it in two hits (5x standard from maya-ethno) that I am ripped from this reality and dropped into another one.  There is no possiblity of a third hit... I am usually being teleported as my body lets the second hit escape.  I usually hold each hit to a slow count of twenty and I don't wait after exhaling the first before inhaling the second.

All the effects you have described for the onset are what I think of as the 'hooks' that latch onto me and drag me from this place to that place.  Each time I get this, 'Oh shit, how much did I take and where am I going to end up' sort of feeling as the onset occurs.

The difference between what  you have seen so far, and the depth of where you can be taken is extreme.  Don't become complacent and think that you have figured out the beast.  :smile:  There is an entire second volume waiting to be read.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1476400 - 04/20/03 02:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You're right Seuss, after 2 hits of salvia, you cannot even comprehend taking another hit. Your mind and body are warped, you're lucky if you can even remember you are holding the bong in the first minute or so. If you do remember you are holding the bong, you are almost certainly not aware or able to raise the thing to your lips and inhale more. I have set out to try and do this countless times, however I have come to the theory that it is impossible.
I ALWAYS get that feeling, when I am smoking my second hit I think to myself, 'hmmm nothing's happening', however in a split second when the green goddess drop kicks me out of reality I forget what I just said and reach either a pit of despair or a plateau of pleasure.
Such an awesome herb.
Your last paragraph rings true as well... In my panicky days of smoking salvia, when I was inexperienced and thought I could never reach the desired effects, I was about to give up all hope. One last time I thought... Well, I can say I achieved a breakthrough that night... A TRUE breakthrough where I was controlling the landscapes I was wandering in my mind.
I was strolling a vast expanse of snow, feeling every snowflake lightly hit my face. I was then trawling an awesome, unspoiled infinite area of sand.
I am so glad I didn't give up on her. In my opinion, you just have to ride out the first half a dozen crazy trips until your mind starts to comprehend and adjust to salvia, from then on you can control her and visit unreal, beautiful, fantasy worlds and landscapes. Well, you can never control her I suppose... Lady Salvia is always controlling you.

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Re: trip report....salvia....OH..MY..GOD!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Nirvana]
    #1476791 - 04/20/03 05:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Last night I went a little further. I probably smoked about the same amount as last time. The difference was that 1) I did it sitting at the computer instead of laying on my bed and 2) I totally relaxed and welcomed the experience. This time I had more intense visuals, the poppies on my screen saver become something I couldn't quite comprehend. I didn't lose myself though and the visuals quit after what seems like a few minutes but I didn't check the time. Its definately a smoother experience when you don't fight it. Also my body get wanting to curl into a spiral. My head would lean into the twist and I would straighten back up.

I think its probably good to do what I'm doing. Just go a little further each time. But I suspect when it takes me all the way there won't be any preparing for that. Im al little concerned that if I lose myself I will start talking or yelling and I might try to get up and wander about. This would not be good because there are other people in the house and they don't know about the Salvia, and would not approve.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

#1477892 - 04/21/03 12:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You'll most likely stay still when you do it... however, if you're that worried, it's a good idea to get a sitter. You most likely shouldn't have to worry about getting too loud though

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports