Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Dealing with Loss
    #900039 - 09/22/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Have to move soon and cannot keep my cat. I adopted him from my ex-girlfriend?s daughter who died from medical complications three years ago.

I was in our apartment elevator posting a "Free to Good Home" add and picture of my "tumbledown" kitty, Mufti. There were several people in the elevator and I suddenly broke into uncontrollable tears. I will miss my little guy terribly.

I am cautious with whom I get to close to, but when I do, I bond very deeply. Connections to other people and critters is more spiritual to me than much of what we discuss here. It never gets any easier letting go even after a lifetime of "practice". My heart is breaking. I needed to share with my friends here.

Good bye my little friend!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

Re: Dealing with Loss [Re: Swami]
    #900051 - 09/22/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i had to get rid of my cat "Scooby Doo" a couple of years ago when my girlfriend and I moved to a different appartment... I still miss him, he was fun... always on some crazy kind of mission. I keep his toy bat on the footlocker next to my bed.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #900066 - 09/22/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, have you ever seen that movie "As Good As It Gets"?

:grin: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Dealing with Loss [Re: Adamist]
    #900073 - 09/22/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, where grumpy, neurotic Nicholson becomes attached to the little dog; funny and touching.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #900092 - 09/22/02 07:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:frown:

I wish I had a  pet I actually bonded with
but like, when I  was 13 and I was forced to go on wellbutrin because I was "depressed", it made  me develop some sort  of rage problem and I fucked with my cat hard and did all  sorts of mean things to her... now she just hangs out by herself and the only interaction she has with anyone in the house is when we  feed her
she doesn't  like anybody
and it's all my fault :frown:

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Dealing with Loss [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #900099 - 09/22/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I threw a cat off a flight of stairs once as a child...  :frown: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Dealing with Loss [Re: Adamist]
    #900159 - 09/22/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i dropped my cat out a 2nd story window when i was 5 :frown:

i love animals so much though... i know how you feel Swami
i just moved into my grandparents from my apartment like a month ago and I had to give away my kitten Totem, he was so cool, i had been raising him since birth pretty much. 
then before that when I moved into my apartment from my mom's house I had to say goodbye to my cat Gibbs, who acted more like a puppy dog. he followed me around everywhere, and i think we shared a very special bond.

i love animals

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #900388 - 09/22/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am saddened by your loss. I know of what you speak of.  Pets somehow have this emotional connection between themseleves and their owners. Its as if you've adopted an actual child. A child that doesnt exactly grow up, but stays in the stage of them needing you.

For about...5 or 6 years, i lived with 4 dogs. They were the oddest mix of dogs. I loved them. My house was always a mess, and hair was everywhere, but i loved them dearly. One was a mutt (heinz 57), one a beagle, one a terrior/chu-wa-wa(sp?), and the last (my dog) was a pug. Before i moved out of my house 4 months ago, the terrior/chu-wa-wa died by getting run over by a car, and the mutt was put to sleep.  :frown:  My dog and the beagle now live in Indiana, while i live in FL. i miss those guys. My dog (the pug) would always sleep at the bottom of my bed, every single night. Sometimes at night i still check to see if shes there.  :frown:

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #900548 - 09/22/02 10:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Connections to other people and critters is more spiritual to me than much of what we discuss here

That it very cool, Swami. I'm sorry about the little girl, and I'm sorry you have to give up the cat. Hopefully you will find a good home for her =)

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #900866 - 09/23/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I love kitties, spend extra time with him and be extra nice before you have to say goodbye to him.

I lost a cat when I was young, I cried all day, then we got pizza hut.  :frown:

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #900871 - 09/23/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wow Swami, I was absolutley floored to read this post from a professional cynic and world class skeptic. That is very cool. Peace be with your little friend.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Anonymous

#901212 - 09/23/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

*sigh*

It gets deeper. I know exactly what you are talking about. Currently I have a cat named Sasha who is the only link to my daughter who is dead. Her mother and I divorced many years ago and I got custody of my little girl. Sasha is a Maine Coon and there is even some resemblance to your kitty. I tremble with fear when I think of what it will be like when Sasha goes. And your post reminded me of that day.

Thank you for sharing, dearest Swami.

One way we know we have a heart is when it's breaking. What a way to gain that knowledge.

I consider it an honor and a privilege to know you as well as I do.

Yours,

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #901280 - 09/23/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

damn, bro. that breaks my heart. do what i do, and keep her anyway. fuck the landlords!

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineBleedingSickness
Friend OfAttention Whore
Loc: Northern USA
    #901281 - 09/23/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've lost many pets cats and dogs I've always admired how they are able to give us so much and recieve so little and I get so attached to them that their loss is often just as hurtful as losing a family member so I no longer have a dog or a cat as a child I had over 19 cats at one time and I loved everyone of them dearly I remember getting mad at one of them because he got hit by a car and his name was uggy cat because out of all of them he was the ugliest I grabbed his little body and shook him violently I personaly think my dad hit him but he said that the lil guy was playing out on the road which I found hard to believe because he never went to the road but anyway.

And I remember each and every dog I ever had after I lost the last one I vowed just not to have any pets for a long time the last one was a horny fighter but he was the only dog i think I've ever had that was really my dog because he'd only listen to me and only come to me of course I was also the only one who treated him well as everyone else thought he was just a retard because his entire litter died from a virus I can't remember it's name but it fills their lungs with fluid so they suffocate so we gave him dimeatap the good tasting grape stuff you all know it, and somehow he survived although I guess he was a lil soft in the head probably from oxygen deprivation after that I dunno he was just amazing to me we called him Wheezy haha .

He ran off to hump on females though the first time he came back pretty beat up but feasable, the second time the same deal only not as bad, but the third time he went out to find a female coyote that was in heat and got the crap beat out of him I think he got shot as well because he had what looked like a 22 shot through his leg he was literally ripped open from each and every section of his body and I felt that he had came back to me torn up to say goodbye but i wouldn't let him I bandaged him up with this herb that makes your cells grow 3x faster but is harmful if ingested and he sat in one spot for about a week and a half not moving i fed him watered him each day watching over him his ears filled up with white seapage and his leg literally rotted away and was down to the bone I can only imagine how much pain he was in, but he never whined or acted hurt it got to the point his ear was so filled up he couldn't hear though so I had to clean it out he smelled dead though so terrible I had to wear a mask to prevent myself from throwin up, but I drained his ears and cleaned them with peroxide and his leg regenerated amazingly although he ate part of it away himself maggots also got inside though I think they did good not bad stuff helped heal his leg alot faster.

As soon as he could walk again or limp I should say he was meeting me at the end of the driveway as I got home from school I was so mad yet unbelievably happy with him because I didn't want him walking around but he did and he got totally 100% better alot of scars but he made it he was nearly dead and then about a year after that he ran off once more and never came back I"m still in wonder of what happened to him but I believe it was easier for him not to come back because it would have made me sadder to see him die here then elsewhere I can just remember him as he was rather then beaten up to the point I couldn't help him I know all this may sound strange coming from a normally graphic serial killer like minded person haha but personally I would kill a human before an animal I think humans are dirty creatures and animals just have an innocent untouched light about them they do what they have to survive and take no more they know not greed or how to marry someone take all their money and leave you with a year and a half worth of unpaid bills that you never knew about.

Edited by BleedingSickness (09/23/02 08:01 AM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #901295 - 09/23/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i feel with you, swami... i lost 2 dogs in my life and such a loss is never easy... an animal's inconditional love is something rarely found in a human, and the bond to such a beeing becomes very deep... at least you know that the cat is going to be in good hands... be thankful for that, and for the fact that you are not going to have to watch her die... although i know from experience that you'd rather that than giving her away right now...

god bless animals

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #901318 - 09/23/02 08:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear that you have to part ways with your friend. I'm sure you'll find him a good home, and he'll bring happiness to someone else.

I lost a cat to cancer last December. She was 12. It was painful to see her wasting away, but even on her last day she summoned the strength to purr and lick my hand. It was difficult for the next few months; whenever I came home I expected her to come running. It took time, but I adjusted to her absence.

RIP Princess 1989-2001

Time will heal all.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Edited by CyberChump (09/23/02 08:44 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder