Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: TM]
    #1940315 - 09/22/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds like you have gotten attached to the enjoyment of music and the beautiful visuals that you get from a mushroom trip. Perhaps you just need to enter a trip some time without the expection of getting this type of enjoyment from it?

I agree with Shroomism that you don't necessarily need 5+ grams to experience ego death, although the exact threshold amount is very probably different for each individual. For me it has happened with less than 3 grams. The important thing is to not let your consciousness become absorbed by the hallucinations, and this can actually be harder at high doses.

Try arranging a few trips where you spend most of the peak in darkness and complete silence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1940351 - 09/22/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Now, you tell me, had he "reached ego-loss completely"?

From the description it sounds like he was still struggling to keep his identity as it is defined by social roles. That is not an indication of ego-loss, but it might have been the reaction afterwards of someone who experienced it briefly without understanding what happened.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1940406 - 09/22/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Try arranging a few trips where you spend most of the peak in darkness and complete silence.

I guess I'm not willing to do that. You are correct that I am attached to the music enhancement and visuals. To spend the peak in complete darkness is bliss, but in complete silence would be torture.

I guess if I really want to go for the ego loss I have to do a massive dose and be forced into it no matter what's going on.

The more I think about it, the less important it becomes. This thread has been a real eye-opener.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #1940466 - 09/22/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TripMeister said:
but in complete silence would be torture.

The mushroom doesn't make audio entertainment for you?  It typically does for me :smile:

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: Digs]
    #1940552 - 09/22/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, sure, my ears vibrate as well as the next guy's, but that's not "entertainment". Adding music to that vibration, now THAT'S entertainment!

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #1943572 - 09/23/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i did not enjoy ego loss. i think egos are very good. people complain about hwo people with huge egos suck but its supposed to be like that. our egos fight each other and the loser goes home without any chicks. its the human way!

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1943605 - 09/23/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizoid said:
It sounds like you have gotten attached to the enjoyment of music and the beautiful visuals that you get from a mushroom trip. Perhaps you just need to enter a trip some time without the expection of getting this type of enjoyment from it?

I agree with Shroomism that you don't necessarily need 5+ grams to experience ego death, although the exact threshold amount is very probably different for each individual. For me it has happened with less than 3 grams. The important thing is to not let your consciousness become absorbed by the hallucinations, and this can actually be harder at high doses.

well done rhizoid
best advice so far - sit in the dark, in silence and (may i add)
listen.
one will not be bored.

one question tho - is there a difference between ego loss and ego death?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: mr crisper]
    #1943695 - 09/23/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

is there a difference between ego loss and ego death?

To me they are synonyms. But I prefer "ego death" because of the similarities with ideas of dying and being reborn. Loss gives me associations of the ego being misplaced somewhere...

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1943804 - 09/23/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

TripMeister: When you start asking questions like that is because you are beginning to come back from infinity.
The problem with ego loss is to have enough awareness to remember the experience, most of us can not do that, is like you are a 14.4 KB modem normally, and when you lose your ego, suddenly you get connected to a t1 line is fine and dandy when you are there but eventually you become again a 14.4 modem and you remember almost nothing.
I will tell you what I do and what I have learned from the shrooms to be able to bring back some infinity with me.
First purpose of the trip, prepare your self before hand meditate about the purpose of your undertaking, do you want to learn something or just for entertainment?
Setting: make sure you are safe and with the least amount of distractions including music.
Dosage: you need to find out the appropriated dosage to much of it and you will be a drooling idiot, to little and will not be able to reach it.
Awareness: this is the hard part, during the trip question once in a wile you situation, especially when you feel the big stuff is coming, relax, remember that the fear is not you, you are much more, be brave plunge into death at this point I usually start talking to the mushrooms to take me away, it may be just a mental crutch but it helps me in the death experience, and just let go, surrender don?t resist is ok, if you die you die (but you wont) if you have enough awareness you will feel the "death" I have only felt it twice is beautiful is like an "mega orgasm" and then infinity.
Infinity: well is so hard to bring back, if you are lucky you will bring back a tiny fraction of what you live there, if I have enough awareness I keep repeating to my self remember, remember try to take mental pictures and say out load remember.
Those who have transcended the ego know what I am talking about, you will know when you have that experience there will be no doubts, in your mind experiencing nirvana, God the source, the universal, infinity or what ever name you want to give it, is so amazing that completely changed my perspective in life.
So to answer your question

Ego Loss... Do I need to go there??

I will answer yes!

Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Ego Loss... Do I need to go there?? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1944031 - 09/23/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lazerouth said:
i did not enjoy ego loss. i think egos are very good. people complain about hwo people with huge egos suck but its supposed to be like that. our egos fight each other and the loser goes home without any chicks. its the human way!

It is suspossed to be like that? What says that it is suspossed to be like that? Greediness, people getting rich off of people starving, war?

The human way was originally people living in caves, struglling to survive, and the only outlet they had for their emotions was painting crude pictures on walls... at least all throughtout history, we have always had something to strive for, the things that we thought would solve our problems...

Now, the only thing that we can work towards that will solve our problems is eliminating our addictions to meaningless shit. But, as we are addicted, it is just the human way to not give it up, isn't it?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies