Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
how cold should i let my syringe get?
    #898121 - 09/21/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, about a week ago i received a syring and a print from a supplier. i just read that they are best kept in the fridge. I live in a college dorm and we have one of those little microfridges, and if an object is put too close to the little freezer inside, it freezes. i put the box containing the syring and the spore in a location where it won't freeze, but it will still get fairly low. how low of a temperature should i allow the spores to get? thank you for any replies

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: E Tard]
    #898123 - 09/21/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You'll be fine.. :wink: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #898224 - 09/21/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

freezing would be bad though, right?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: E Tard]
    #898230 - 09/21/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblejjojoba
x
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #898256 - 09/21/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Pardon me for piggybacking, but I had a related syringe-storing question:

My supplier recommended storing the syringes inside of 3 or 4 plastic bags in the fridge. It seems like the plastic is going to gradually leak things through. Maybe it would be better to get a big glass jar for the syringes? I might keep the syringes around for a year or so. Not only do I want to keep my syringes uncontaminated; I also don't want stuff from the syringes to creep out into the rest of the fridge.

Oh, one more...

I cleaned my two syringe needles (B+ and Equador) with isopropyl alcohol before using them. I thought I did a decent job, but I don't know. I used an ordinary cigarette lighter flame to sterilize the needles. There was blackening on the needles wherever the flame touched, meaning I suppose, that something was on the needles and it got burnt. Or maybe the cigarette lighter does not burn cleanly? I went ahead and innoculated some jars with the syringes and then wiped the needles on a clean towel a bit later. The towel had black sooty streaks. A bad sign? Could it be explained by alcohol left on the needle?

I never thought much about keeping stuff clean and uncontaminated until I took up this hobby. I'm one of those guys that uses the five-second rule for picking food off the floor. :-)

-Erik

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: matts]
    #898262 - 09/21/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, thanks man

--------------------
I am not stoned.

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: jjojoba]
    #898489 - 09/21/02 09:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The blackening of objects occurs when either the surface is dirty, or the flame is dirty, it being a regular butane lighter, it would be the lighter most likely, take a clean piece of aluminum foil, and hold a lighter to it for a bit, it will turn black..

As for storing syringes for a year, prints store much better. I wouldn't suggest keeping a syringe for that long, but don't listen to me.

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #898652 - 09/21/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

all I have is a ciggerette lighter(I dont smoke though) can I use that to sterilize the syringes and just ignore the burnt part and stick it in anyway or use rubbing alcohol?

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
    #898784 - 09/22/02 04:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.. Freezing is fine..  A friend got like 7 syringes in early January..  they were all froze solid..  They were put in the frig. to thaw then used a few days later with excellent results!... 

peace

--happygrins :grin: 

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: happygrins]
    #898787 - 09/22/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dude are you fuckin serious cuz its a long story short all mine got thrown away cuz they froze

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: Dobie]
    #898820 - 09/22/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes!.  100% positive..  I remembe my friend got them and was going to ship them back then he just waited it out and used them anyhow..  He noticed no difference in growth or anything....

--happygrins :grin:

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #899348 - 09/22/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Freezing could potentially damage the spores under certain circumstances. As for using a lighter for sterilization, it is fine. The black soot is just carbon and will not affect sterility. But a better way if the black soot bothers you is to use a shallow (1 cm) deep glass or metal object such as a thimble, or an overturned shotglass if the bottom is concave, or a metal bottlecap and fill it with isopropyl alcohol and light it. It will produce a blue flame that burns clean and won't leave residue.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Invisiblejjojoba
x
Re: flame for sterilizing needle [Re: StS]
    #899732 - 09/22/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Treetoker says:
> As for using a lighter for sterilization, it is fine. The black soot is just carbon and
> will not affect sterility. But a better way if the black soot bothers you is to use a
> shallow (1 cm) deep glass or metal object such as a thimble, or an overturned
> shotglass if the bottom is concave, or a metal bottlecap and fill it with isopropyl
> alcohol and light it. It will produce a blue flame that burns clean and won't leave
> residue.

The bottlecap thing works great. I like it better than a lighter because I don't need an extra hand to pull the lighter trigger. Also, I didn't want to buy an alcohol lamp. So thanks, buddy!

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: flame for sterilizing needle [Re: jjojoba]
    #899972 - 09/22/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No problem.  Oh by the way, its StS, treetoker is not my actual username.  :tongue:

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale