Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiceberg
Stranger
will stabbing a cake with a sterilized object damage it?
    #3764345 - 02/10/05 09:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

first timer and tried invitro. well i went to harvest some the other day but couldnt get my cake out so i ended up sorta reaching up with a knife i had flamed with a alcohol flame to sterilize and scrapped the sides to bring out the mushie material. it worked but gave me crushed goods that turned blue from oxidation and next time id like to actually pick so i was wondering if i could sterilize say a fork and stab the end of the cake and pull it out of the jar that way. Im hoping this wouldnt cause any real issues. By the way my jars are wide mouth too just 1 pint( at the time i couldnt find halfs) im loving this new hobby though. You people are great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: will stabbing a cake with a sterilized object damage it? [Re: iceberg]
    #3764354 - 02/10/05 09:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's not gunna hurt it in any way but INCREASE the chances of contamination. odd's are you're gunna be ok.

Why not just bang the thing against a solid surface? It will come.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: will stabbing a cake with a sterilized object damage it? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3764568 - 02/10/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just smack the shit out of the bottom of the jar untill it slides out enough so you can grab it, with latex steril gloves on, of course, and pul it out, works every time for me.

or try some KY

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: will stabbing a cake with a sterilized object damage it? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3764644 - 02/10/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In a completely sterile environment, It wouldnt really hurt the cake. I can tell that you are compitent enough to know it isnt the best method.

Offlineiceberg
Stranger
Re: will stabbing a cake with a sterilized object damage it? [Re: dmc_]
    #3765999 - 02/11/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ky jelly lol ..if i had that lying around people would think something , anyways though yea i banged the shit out of the jars and it wasnt helping it was my first time and im pretty sure my substrate was too compressed. When loading i would shake it up so it would take more pretty sure thats why i had half my jars contaiminated too just cause the substrate was too think it took a while for it to colonized and in turn let other stuff settle in, plus using 1 pints for a newbie is harder so iv heard....anyway thanks a lot guys

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag