Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
how cold should i let my syringe get?
    #898121 - 09/21/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, about a week ago i received a syring and a print from a supplier. i just read that they are best kept in the fridge. I live in a college dorm and we have one of those little microfridges, and if an object is put too close to the little freezer inside, it freezes. i put the box containing the syring and the spore in a location where it won't freeze, but it will still get fairly low. how low of a temperature should i allow the spores to get? thank you for any replies

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: E Tard]
    #898123 - 09/21/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You'll be fine.. :wink: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #898224 - 09/21/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

freezing would be bad though, right?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: E Tard]
    #898230 - 09/21/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblejjojoba
x
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #898256 - 09/21/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Pardon me for piggybacking, but I had a related syringe-storing question:

My supplier recommended storing the syringes inside of 3 or 4 plastic bags in the fridge. It seems like the plastic is going to gradually leak things through. Maybe it would be better to get a big glass jar for the syringes? I might keep the syringes around for a year or so. Not only do I want to keep my syringes uncontaminated; I also don't want stuff from the syringes to creep out into the rest of the fridge.

Oh, one more...

I cleaned my two syringe needles (B+ and Equador) with isopropyl alcohol before using them. I thought I did a decent job, but I don't know. I used an ordinary cigarette lighter flame to sterilize the needles. There was blackening on the needles wherever the flame touched, meaning I suppose, that something was on the needles and it got burnt. Or maybe the cigarette lighter does not burn cleanly? I went ahead and innoculated some jars with the syringes and then wiped the needles on a clean towel a bit later. The towel had black sooty streaks. A bad sign? Could it be explained by alcohol left on the needle?

I never thought much about keeping stuff clean and uncontaminated until I took up this hobby. I'm one of those guys that uses the five-second rule for picking food off the floor. :-)

-Erik

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: matts]
    #898262 - 09/21/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, thanks man

--------------------
I am not stoned.

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: jjojoba]
    #898489 - 09/21/02 09:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The blackening of objects occurs when either the surface is dirty, or the flame is dirty, it being a regular butane lighter, it would be the lighter most likely, take a clean piece of aluminum foil, and hold a lighter to it for a bit, it will turn black..

As for storing syringes for a year, prints store much better. I wouldn't suggest keeping a syringe for that long, but don't listen to me.

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #898652 - 09/21/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

all I have is a ciggerette lighter(I dont smoke though) can I use that to sterilize the syringes and just ignore the burnt part and stick it in anyway or use rubbing alcohol?

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
    #898784 - 09/22/02 04:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.. Freezing is fine..  A friend got like 7 syringes in early January..  they were all froze solid..  They were put in the frig. to thaw then used a few days later with excellent results!... 

peace

--happygrins :grin: 

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: happygrins]
    #898787 - 09/22/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dude are you fuckin serious cuz its a long story short all mine got thrown away cuz they froze

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: how cold should i let my syringe get? [Re: Dobie]
    #898820 - 09/22/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes!.  100% positive..  I remembe my friend got them and was going to ship them back then he just waited it out and used them anyhow..  He noticed no difference in growth or anything....

--happygrins :grin:

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #899348 - 09/22/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Freezing could potentially damage the spores under certain circumstances. As for using a lighter for sterilization, it is fine. The black soot is just carbon and will not affect sterility. But a better way if the black soot bothers you is to use a shallow (1 cm) deep glass or metal object such as a thimble, or an overturned shotglass if the bottom is concave, or a metal bottlecap and fill it with isopropyl alcohol and light it. It will produce a blue flame that burns clean and won't leave residue.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Invisiblejjojoba
x
Re: flame for sterilizing needle [Re: StS]
    #899732 - 09/22/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Treetoker says:
> As for using a lighter for sterilization, it is fine. The black soot is just carbon and
> will not affect sterility. But a better way if the black soot bothers you is to use a
> shallow (1 cm) deep glass or metal object such as a thimble, or an overturned
> shotglass if the bottom is concave, or a metal bottlecap and fill it with isopropyl
> alcohol and light it. It will produce a blue flame that burns clean and won't leave
> residue.

The bottlecap thing works great. I like it better than a lighter because I don't need an extra hand to pull the lighter trigger. Also, I didn't want to buy an alcohol lamp. So thanks, buddy!

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: flame for sterilizing needle [Re: jjojoba]
    #899972 - 09/22/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No problem.  Oh by the way, its StS, treetoker is not my actual username.  :tongue:

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag