Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVegeta420
Stranger
Inoculate w/Cold Syringe?& Some Questions on Setup
    #1033153 - 11/07/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i got my spore syringe and mycogrowbag about aweek ago. the bags been sitting in a dark area and the syringe went directly from the package to the fridge ( im waitin for my aquarium heater). Its in a plastic zip lock bag and in the fridge.

i noticed the syringe has clear fluid with some tiny black particles in it ( are these particles normal????).

Anyway, my main question is, can i innoculate my bag using the syringe directly out of the fridge or would it be more effective to leave it out for alittle bit?

Also, I wanna tell u guys my setup for growin and maybe u can give me some tips on what i should change or anythign like that:
-i have a mycobag in a large cardboard box in the closet. The room temp is about 75 degrees.
-i have a 32 FL OZ (1 quart) glass bottle with a 50 watt aquarium heater and a 10:1 solution of water and 3% h2o2 solution. its sitting next to the bag about a foot away. im not gonna set the heater really hi, probably just very low because temp in the room isnt that cold anyway.
-before handling the syringe ( i havnt taken it out of the ziplock bag it came in yet) i'll wash my hands with soap and water and then with that instant antibacterial hand sanitizer.
-i plan on taking the needle, burning it with a regular lighter (bic plastic lighter i think), then taking a cotton swab with isopropyl rubbing alcohol (70% by volume) and wiping the needle.
- i plan on innoculating my bag on the left side and on the right, towards the top of the substrate but not on it, still inside. (2cc of puerto rican p. cubensis total - 1cc per side)
-then its just gonna sit there till i see colonization.

does this sound good to you guys? if theres anywhere i can improve, tell me, i definatly need all the help i can get as this is a first time thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVegeta420
Stranger
Re: Inoculate w/Cold Syringe?& Some Questions on Setup [Re: Vegeta420]
    #1033170 - 11/07/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I forgot to mention I'll also be sterilizing the injector site with a cotton swab soaked in the same isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

OfflineVegeta420
Stranger
    #1033262 - 11/07/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've been reading past posts on Mycobags and i found out i have to shake the syringe. Why is this? When i shake it before inoculating, what should i look for, stuff on the top or stuff on teh bottom near the needle or just a uniform clear liquid or what, right now if i hold the syringe up to light its got tiny black things in it.

OfflinePsilosShaman
Strange Famous

Loc: Arkansas...man I love thi...
    #1033318 - 11/07/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you are shaking the syringe to ensure all the spores are broken up within the syringe...the black things are spores.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale