Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Maybe these pics can be useful
    #892755 - 09/19/02 06:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all, I'm brand new in here and I realize I'll be years before I have a grip on identifying Mushrooms but it's an intriguing thing to me. I have read a lot of stuff here and have much more to read. As we know, time if of the essence with picking mushrooms and I got excited a few days ago when I found these things growing in my backyard. I think they are possibly poisonous or at least one of those "look alikes" to some more "special" mushrooms.

These pictures are taken in Virginia. We have fertile ground for mushrooms I guess because we get tons of them. My goal is to learn and understand what we have come up from the ground here, I would love to harvest and eat some of the huge white ones we get here (when I can identify them) (More pics of these to come) or any other good ones for food, I would be very happy to find some with hallucinogenic value, and I would also like to identify any harmful ones and learn about any history (such as American Indian) that goes along with them. Also, if they are harmful to lawns, I may want to eliminate any unwanted varieties.

I plan to buy some books etc as well.

The pictures attached are mostly of the look alike ones that look similar to ones I've seen on here that are good. They were found growing in mulch under trees and one (obviously bigger) was in mulch not under any trees. The spore prints are a little different but they look like a similar strain.

Also attached are a couple shots of a beautiful bright reddish variety that we get here every year and one pic of a rare cluster of red ones we don?t see all the time. The cluster of red ones grow in the forest along a path and the bigger ones grow in mulch or otherwise softer soil. Looks dangerous! And one pic of some of the white ones we get here. I'll get some better shots of the white ones when they come back. We get some white ones here up to a foot in diameter.

I found no coherent group of pics that show all angles of different varieties and spore prints, nor a good side-by-side comparison of good Mushrooms and their look-alikes. Is there an organized group of pics here or online otherwise that groups varieties and all of the stuff we are asked to provide when posting here like; multiple angle shots, gills, veil, gill and margin specifics as well as stem characteristics and spore prints?

Maybe these pics will prove helpful to someone.

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: Maybe these pics can be useful [Re: ledfethered]
    #892769 - 09/19/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yea.... pretty pictures.... lol

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #892770 - 09/19/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
OK what am I doing wrong? [Re: ledfethered]
    #892771 - 09/19/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I followed the "put pictures in this post", uploaded a bunch and I see none in the post. Where did all those pictures upload to?

Led

--------------------

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Done for today [Re: ledfethered]
    #892781 - 09/19/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I uploaded my limit for the day apparently. However none of them seem to exist!

Thanks for the FAQ on the pics. You mean I actually have to copy and paste the links in my post? The "Put picture in this post" only provides the URL and you have to paste it? Well. like I said I'm a newbie and I have never seen a picture posting scenario like this. I'll figure it out at some point but I cant even practice now until tomorrow apparently.

Thanks.

Led

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Done for today [Re: ledfethered]
    #892809 - 09/19/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

the idea is that you upload the pics to this web server and then put the links to the pics in your text. it's a two-step process.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Done for today [Re: Bilge]
    #892866 - 09/19/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well dude just go to were it says view uploaded pictures and then copy and paste the url thingie with [image] [/image] thingies

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Re: Done for today [Re: Dobie]
    #893189 - 09/19/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks to all for the help. I?m used to other forums where you can simply post pictures or upload them to your gallery and then choose from your gallery without all the URL pasting nomenclature. I think I understand now so lets give her another try!

Whew, that was a little difficult at first but I did it! Please refer to my original post for background on these pics or feel free to ask any question and make any comments.

Thanks again for helping a newbie!

311 & 420 to everybody.

Led

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #893366 - 09/19/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Only need one thread for one topic. There's now two open, so I'm closing this one because it was mainly help with posting pictures....

New thread lives here:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum3&Number=893259&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals