Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Music improves the mind!
    #859211 - 09/02/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

musical thoughts!
--------------------

Music is a pattern of sounds. The ears listen, and the brain translates the audio input into thoughts. For every song you hear, you hear a new way to think. Therefore, the more music you listen to, the smarter you become (provided you think while listening). The more diverse the music you listen to is, the smarter you will become.

Music is thought turned into sound. When another human hears it, that thought is communicated. The process is rough and imperfect but still works.

Lyrics cause heavy thinking, especially intelligent lyrics. If you listen to pointless drivel, you will think that way too. Lyrics enhance linear thinking. They have a disadvantage, however: they don?t promote abstract thought. To get that, you need to listen to music without lyrics.

Music without lyrics is special because you can think many different thoughts while listening to it at different moments in time. You can hear the song ten times and still get different thoughts. The first time is always the best for thoughts, but they are hardest to remember. I have to listen multiple times to build and complete those thoughts.

Music is a tool for the mind. One must pick the right songs at the right times to listen to, and in the right order. I believe in listening to any form of music, singing along, dancing and grooving, clapping and stomping, blaring beats, as a means to use the sense of hearing as an aid to conscious and subconscious thought.

Variety is the spice of life, and this applies to music. The more variety you listen to, the more you can choose from to study (repeated listen). If you just listen to the same music over and over, you will have repetitive thoughts.

Music is an early form of mental communication. It is a language unto itself, in such that it is not a language, but a unique substrate of sensual expression that permeates our global intelligence. Music communicates via emotion, and since thoughts are built with emotion, music can communicate abstract patterns in thought. That abstraction from the thought is emotion. we can have the same abstract emotions as others through music. The uniqueness of our patterns demonstrates that thoughts and summation of emotions will be different for each of us, regardless of the identical music listened to. The point is, there is a common "part of" experience shared by all through music, and this is a weave in the pattern that connects us into a whole. Music is abstract, and therefore can be evolved by the use of cannabis (a psychedelic tool for enhancing abstraction).

Psychedelic drugs such as mushrooms have had an unmistakable impact on music. Cannabis is the staple, but it is easy to find the influence of mushrooms, acid, and ecstasy in many new forms of music. It can be found obviously in band names (Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen), song names (Second Mushroom Symphony, Divine Moments of Truth), song lyrics (Eminem, any rap). I believe that the actual melodies, beats, and rhythms have been affected by minds using these drugs, and some artists will happily admit to it (Shpongle). Nearly every artist on Earth has drank alcohol, coffee, and smoked tobacco.

Technology is evolving music. Today, we use the internet to distribute compressed music in the form of Mp3s. These mp3s can be amassed on hard drives, burnt onto CDRs, which can be played in specially designed discmans and car stereos. The result of this technology is that music created in one part of the world can be transmitted and heard in another part of the world within minutes. Music is evolving globally and rapidly. Trance, goa, jungle, psy-ambient, and many other genres are available to anyone with an internet connection... but good luck finding these styles on city radio or the local record store. Shoutcast (http://www.shoutcast.com) is a great place to tap into the global music scene.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: Music improves the mind! [Re: pattern]
    #859237 - 09/02/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, music surely is a beautiful thing. It's capable of stimulating your mind and altering your consciousness almost as powerfully as any drug. Music can stir up and emphasize emotions, rekindle old memories, transport you back in time or perhaps to another dimension. The possibilities are limitless. Another area where it is key to keep an open mind. Every piece of music and music genre has something unique to offer, and to deny this offering is only to deny yourself of a potentially enriching, fulfilling experience. I, myself, am in need of expanding my musical horizons. Your post has inspired me to do just that. Thank you.

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Music improves the mind! [Re: psilo25]
    #859313 - 09/02/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

and speaking the language is a whole other world in itself..

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#859755 - 09/02/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ah music, my passion, my life. Music is probably my deepest connection to the Divine. It has been a great catalyst to where I am in life today. Without Tool I would probably never have found out about Alex Grey, and I would have been far slower to develop spritually.

Music is everything in my life, without it i'd likely wither away or become a clone because it gives me such direction.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #860725 - 09/03/02 04:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Good post! You?d like this book:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Music improves the mind! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #860752 - 09/03/02 04:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Administrator

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Music improves the mind! [Re: matts]
    #861106 - 09/03/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

matts- nice avatar.... hehehhehehe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Music improves the mind! [Re: Sclorch]
    #862605 - 09/03/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Music expresses emotion. Communication without language.

A question I often ask myself when listening to music is "What makes music sound good" Some music sucks, and random noises dont flow. Im not gonna debate what genre of music anyone likes, but the fact is most musical patterns have a good beat/flow to them. Depressing music will make most people depressed. Happy will make most happy. I dont get this with much of anything else. It seems to be a commonground for all people. Some people may not be listening though, but the music is still playing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract