Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleemex
amigo

-=imagine=-
    #855313 - 08/31/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one

everyone should spend a lil bit of time and think about these great lyrics from the beatles

--------------------
I had not expected fear, but terror came with her
and tho I sought a dying moment, she showed me a dying eternity
and tho I sought to bring wisdom into the real, she tore the real from me
and I was no more, and in unbeing, I lost my fear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: -=imagine=- [Re: emex]
    #855349 - 08/31/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No, forget that....consider this...

"Truth is the kind of error without which a definite species of living being cannot live."

"There are many kinds of eyes . . . and hence there are many kinds of 'truths.' It follows that there is no truth."

". . . That which we now call the world is the result of a host of errors and phantasies which have gradually accumulated in the course of organic development. . ."

"What are man's truths ultimately? Merely his irrefutable errors."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Anonymous

Re: -=imagine=- [Re: ]
    #855406 - 08/31/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That, in a word, is bullshit. Pardon my vernacular.

Are you ever useful?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #855504 - 08/31/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> everyone should spend a lil bit of time

time spent! :smile:

> and think about these great lyrics

john lennon.  good tune!  i've got it on my mp3 playlist

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #855945 - 08/31/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

could never happen.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #856259 - 09/01/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think this world will ever be in complete harmony.  It goes against human nature.  HOWEVER, I think we should still all strive for it. :wink: 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: Sclorch]
    #856450 - 09/01/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Lennon is idealist, and many share his idea and hope for it. But it wont happen, utopia cannot be forced upon anyone because that negates the concept all together, and for everyone to live in harmony would simply require a release from the concepts of social stability, economics as idealogy, and structured society as a whole. As is said, peace is found in the heart of chaos.

adam

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

Anonymous

#856778 - 09/01/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nietzsche is bullshit? well, i'm glad we have shroomery poster, Mr. Mushrooms to tell us that Friedrich Nietzsche is "bullshit." 

Nietzsche also said "Plato is a bore."  :grin:

I'm only useful to those who know how to use me. Obviously you do not.

Lennon is keen.  This is one of his more idealistic songs. Nothing wrong with ideals, i suppose.

Edited by vaporbrains (09/01/02 10:34 AM)

Anonymous

#856843 - 09/01/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"Lennon is keen. This is one of his more idealistic songs. Nothing wrong with ideals, i suppose."

Here, we actually agree on something.  I think I am feeling ill. :grin:

Boorish, boring, and bored, 

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #856991 - 09/01/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

larry... actually that is the kind of mentality and way of thinking that keep such a reality as described in that song far from us...
it can happen... in fact, it has happened before... sadly not here on earth, but i hope it will take place soon... we only have to work together... recognize that we are all one, and that there IS a way to change the world... fact is, there exist thousands of advanced societies across the universe... societies that exist like john lennon described it in that song...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/01/02 12:43 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #857012 - 09/01/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

oh! and sclorch... im sorry, but im gonna have to disappoint you  :smile: harmony does not go against human nature... in fact, harmony IS human nature... we are love and we are life... we are god, and if everybody would recognize this and use the illusions as tools instead of beeing a slave to them, the world would be quite different from what it is right now...

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: In(di)go]
    #857189 - 09/01/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

oh! and sclorch... harmony IS human nature... if everybody would recognize this...

Well, I guess it isn't our human nature to RECOGNIZE that harmony is human nature... whatever the fuck that means. Then again... if our ability to recognize things is part of our human nature (I posit that it is), then I was correct and you were redundant.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #857334 - 09/01/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

By implying that humans have not recognized their true nature you have just helped them to re-recognize it, assuming it is the true nature of humans, i thank you kindly. remember there is only one opposite to chaos or fear, and that is love and paradise,its not to complicated, i have just helped you r-recognize the true nature of your mind. we are inside a machine, the machine of god that we all designed together,i love you all and happy travels. if you truly submit to exploring the mind you will experience barriers in the machine, if you experience them enough you will experience mind, this is enlightenment or working outside the illusions. believe it or not you are inside mind right now, the seemingly relative things you are coming across give the illusion that you are not that thing. you are that rclock on the wall too except you are percieving that clock from your present standpoint for a reason in orderto differentiate your self from it, or have the experience of being an individual or alive.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #857511 - 09/01/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Vibrant, what you've failed to realize is that maybe I chose not to be a cog in this grand gearworks of galaxies...
If this is one big machine (god or whatever) that was created in order to decieve ourselves (?), then why is it so necessary that I recognize this "truth"?
Wouldn't that be going against "my" original intentions? Also, if I were to be decieved, do you think I (God) would make it so easy to find myself? My inner god thinks not.

Of course, as we all know, I'm the dark lord sent here to plant doubts in your heads... you're right, you SHOULD join up with the collective now... you'll just be assimilated later (death), so you might as well save yourself some suffering (life). I hear another comet is coming 'round in the next few years (no disrespect Swami).

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: -=imagine=- [Re: In(di)go]
    #857689 - 09/01/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Actually harmony is the natural human state - for the vast majority of human existence they have lived in peace and co-operation. It's only since the beginning of agriculture when people actually had something to stockpile and trade that the problems started.

That's probably why even tho peace and harmony are frowned on and hated by the capitalist society and that you are encouraged to fear and hate your neighbour and compete with him, that incredibly enough most people still do yearn for peace and harmony.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: -=imagine=- [Re: Xlea321]
    #857836 - 09/01/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Actually harmony is the natural human state - for the vast majority of human existence they have lived in peace and co-operation. It's only since the beginning of agriculture when people actually had something to stockpile and trade that the problems started.

Care to back that up with some facts? I assert that you have no way of proving this and that most of recorded history is at odds with your claims.

In reply to:

That's probably why even tho peace and harmony are frowned on and hated by the capitalist society and that you are encouraged to fear and hate your neighbour and compete with him...

This has nothing to do with a 'capitalist society.' Ever heard of the Stazi or the KGB? These organs of non-capitalist systems encouraged people to fear and hate their neighbors, and there was still competition in the communist paradises in which these totalitarian apparatuses functioned. Of course the competition was to see who could get the most power in their 'enlightened' systems to control the masses of 'happy' workers.

Anonymous

#858073 - 09/01/02 10:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If harmony is the natural state of man then I suggest we are all slightly out of tune.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #858311 - 09/02/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Care to back that up with some facts? I assert that you have no way of proving this and that most of recorded history is at odds with your claims.

Read any history of primitive man.

Of course the competition was to see who could get the most power in their 'enlightened' systems to control the masses of 'happy' workers.

Do you seriously consider the dictatorship in Russia to have anything to do with rule of the people? It was simply the rule of the rich minority over the rest. Exactly the same as in most capitalist countries.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#858315 - 09/02/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The cro magnum(sp?) and homo sapiens slaughtered each other till the cro magnums were exinct. At least thats what I saw on TLC one day.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #858319 - 09/02/02 05:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"the natural state of man" is changing all the time.

Before recorded history, people lived in harmony with nature and each other for the most part. But it wouldn't be accurate to say that harmony is the natural state of man today. We have evolved (devolved?) since then.

I think what Lennon was trying to do was to change the state of man to one of peace and harmony. You can say he's an idealist, you can say he's naive, you can say it'll never happen but at least he was doing something to change human nature.

You don't see many idealistic musicians these days. It seems like they have all resigned to human nature instead of trying to change it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies