Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
RAW CACAO!!
    #8412422 -

Holy shit this stuff is amazing.

I just ordered 5lbs of it, along with other assorted raw goodies in bulk, and it just got here.


Fuckin aye is all I have to say.
And I've never said that before

On their own, they're pretty bitter. But mix them in with a handful of goji berries (or other fruit, I'm assuming) and they taste just like chocolate chips.
Next time, I'm going to roll a banana in them.

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412436 -

That does sound awesome. I love extremely dark chocolate. I've yet to get some raw cacao though. Theobromine makes you feel gooooood.

:smileyfrog:


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412451 -

I made fresh roasted chocolate once. If you can get an old popcorn popper at goodwill or something it's fairly easy. Plus you get to experiment with your own recipes...add bananas, w/e fruit...hazelnut, cayenne, w/e you want!


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412624 -

that sounds good!

specially with the banana part... where did you order from?


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8412659 -

:drooling:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8412699 -

StonedShroom said:
that sounds good!

specially with the banana part... where did you order from?



www.gohunza.com

Their shipping was extremely fast and their products, as always, very high quality.

I got these:
5 lbs. Raw maca powder
5 lbs. Organic Thompson Raisins
5 lbs. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
5 lbs. Goji berries
5 lbs. Raw cacao nibs

shipping was free and took like 2 days.
So many goodies on that site!


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412709 -

I got some from Botanical Preservation Corps. Previously known as ...of the jungle, one of the earliest ethnobotanical companies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412765 -

you spent a fortune.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #8412774 -

It'll last a long time. It's all stuff I buy every few days at the grocery store anyway, so i figured why not save some money and buy in bulk.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8412779 -

Sounds tasty.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8413001 -

I just tried raw cacao the other day.  Made me fucking BUZZED! 

A party-drug for me.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8413052 -

make some hot chocolate


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: MOTH]
    #8413131 -

MOTH said:
I just tried raw cacao the other day.  Made me fucking BUZZED! 

A party-drug for me.  :grin:




For serious... I'm so looking forward to the next time I eat them. Which will be in a very small while. :grin:

I ate them before, walked out of my room, thought "holy shit", jumped up in the air a couple times to expel all this extra energy I had, and then came back into my room to make this thread.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8413137 -

Raw cacao is THE SHIT!!

Here's a badass recipe...

Blend: Cacao beans, Raw Jelly Bush Honey, Carob powder, Maca, Hemp Oil, Macadamia nuts.

Pour into a mold and freeze. Eat cold and experience the real food of the gods!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8413140 -

what stores sell it, what section is it in?

is it just chocolate?

please excuse my ignorance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8413153 -

LayYouIn said:
what stores sell it, what section is it in?

is it just chocolate?

please excuse my ignorance.



I've actually never seen it in a store, not even health food stores.

Cacao beans are the beans that get processed and heated and have sugar added to them to create the candy known as chocolate.
The beans my themselves have a distinct, bitter flavor. They were prized by the Mayans, and even used as currency. They have a very high amount of antioxidants, mood-enhancing and stimulating qualities.
Cacao nibs are just beans that have been broken into small pieces.

Raw cacao is very popular among the raw food community.
And I am finding it to be a very sexy new ally.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: LayYouIn]
    #8413167 -

"chocolate" is from cacao nibs that are broken down into three parts: chocolate liquor, cocoa solids and cocoa butter. Generally the chocolate liquor is used in the fancy stuff, where "chocolate" as most people know it.. is the cocoa solids and cocoa butter, combined with sugar. To split it into three parts , the beans are roasted.. fermented, and then ground and liquified, and then heated in various degrees to produce the different forms.

Raw cacao is chocolate in it's natural form.. with everything intact.. the beans themselves. It is actually quite bitter and very potent with alkaloids.. you can usually find it in some health food stores and other specialty shops. Best place is online. Don't expect to find it in the grocery store.

I find the best way to sweeten cacao is with (raw) honey and carob.. nomnomnomnom


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8413602 -

Cacao has been on my mind a lot lately. Actually I just got home from the natural food store looking for it, not knowing they don't sell it there. I wanted to make a post about where to find it and you beat me to it. But thanks!!! :grin: and thanks for the link! I'm very excited to have me some raw cacao!


--------------------

All I know is something like a bird within her sang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: purplegreens]
    #8413618 -

i think you can find places that sell a whole cacao nutt, would be pretty cool to get one of them.  I got 2 cacao tree's growing right now:yesnod:


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RAW CACAO!! [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #8413628 -

Quote:
Cacao has been on my mind a lot lately. Actually I just got home from the natural food store looking for it, not knowing they don't sell it there. I wanted to make a post about where to find it and you beat me to it. But thanks!!! :grin: and thanks for the link! I'm very excited to have me some raw cacao!





Tch... you know, gotta share the love! :cool:

Quote:
i think you can find places that sell a whole cacao nutt, would be pretty cool to get one of them. I got 2 cacao tree's growing right now:yesnod:



That's awesome! I wish I had room to grow some trees and plants and stuff.


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
s240779 18,452 268 07/14/14 04:13 PM
by s240779
* Cacao and shrooms question
( 1 2 all )
clown133 1,256 23 07/23/14 04:31 PM
by clown133
* About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? s240779 837 12 02/19/13 08:29 PM
by s240779
* Any Raw Vegans in here?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
kanglow 13,922 251 08/02/12 10:43 PM
by tealeaf
* Raw meat diet
( 1 2 3 all )
s240779 6,816 47 02/13/14 12:43 PM
by Crystal G
* Raw eggs?
( 1 2 all )
Relajarse 1,421 27 06/30/13 04:09 PM
by Versicolor
* I'm going to end up being a raw foodist whattheheck 381 5 09/01/09 07:01 AM
by youbreakyoubuy
* .....
( 1 2 3 all )
unretarded 4,568 41 03/28/09 01:00 AM
by flexintexan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,612 topic views. 6 members, 49 guests and 219 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.