Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm going to end up being a raw foodist
    #10977428 -

I started working on my diet almost 6 years ago. Until then I liked to have salad with my dinners and a piece of fruit here and there and maybe stir fry once in a while. That and lettuce on my tacos or burgers was the extent of the raw food that I ate, I was a pig. Fast forward to today. Over 50% of what I eat is raw, probably a lot more in reality, and I go for stretches where all I eat is raw food. Almost everything that I do eat that has been cooked is mixed with a bunch of raw foods to make it palatable to me.

This is a weird place to be in. I never thought it would go this far. It seems cool, I feel great, weigh the same as I did as an 18 year old, and so on and so forth. But what sucks is that I no longer enjoy almost all of the food that I used to LOVE. Pizza, potato chips, chicken wings, I could go on. On the other hand, I truly LOVE raw food and it does something for me that cooked food never could, but I want both. :mad:

Anyone else eat a lot of raw?


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to end up being a raw foodist [Re: whattheheck]
    #10977434 -

Raw food is kickass, probably 50% of my diet is raw.

I loved cooked vegetarian food though, a good dhal or curry with a shittonne of rice packs on the calories easily... something that I can't do with raw food.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to end up being a raw foodist [Re: Chubba]
    #10977440 -

I'm addicted to the Indian Buffet here :drooling: Their Sweet Potato Masala is to die for. And I despise sweet potatoes. The only mainstream foods I dig anymore are Indian, Sushi, and a great chips and salsa. It's a somewhat weird life.

Edited by whattheheck (09/01/09 02:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to end up being a raw foodist [Re: whattheheck]
    #10977497 -

I got hooked at the local Hare Krishna temple.

Those nutters are a bit too full on with their religion, but they sure cook the best food in town, by far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to end up being a raw foodist [Re: whattheheck]
    #10977517 -

whattheheck said:
Anyone else eat a lot of raw?



No

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to end up being a raw foodist [Re: Chespirito]
    #10977850 -

um....I dunno.  I'm a college student on a $150/week budget, so....I'm getting there.  The basic staple meal for me is beans and rice (because they're cheap!).  I'd say that 25% of my diet is raw.  I eat a salad and some fruit most everyday.

Actually when you give some percentage, are you going by percent of your daily calories or by percent of daily volume of food?

I understand what you mean!  The more raw food I eat, the better I feel.  And I've just seemed to lost my desire for my old diet...Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of fiber I get when I eat this way.  When I eat cheese laden pizza or potatoe chips, I feel hollow inside.  No fiber to fill me up.

I'm a fiberosaurus. :discorex:  arrgh!


--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Raw foodism and athletic pursuits Squatting_Otter 906 3 02/21/04 09:37 AM
by Squatting_Otter
* potato salad Phychotron 1,538 10 04/14/05 03:36 PM
by Phychotron
* Peeling potatoes sucks... windex 1,892 16 11/18/03 01:10 PM
by debianlinux
* PK interveiws RAW LeastResistance 407 0 02/18/05 04:54 PM
by LeastResistance
* New Toaster Oven. How should I cook a big potatoe? World Spirit 1,567 13 10/06/03 10:29 AM
by BioHazard
* Free RAW interview for download Edame 1,032 4 06/14/03 04:13 PM
by Edame
* LSD, dogs and me. gotta love RAW LeastResistance 1,286 4 10/22/16 05:03 PM
by tarlin
* ketchup potato chips Deadmaker 1,176 12 06/30/05 04:33 AM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
381 topic views. 2 members, 28 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.