Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #20188305 - 06/26/14 09:03 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Possible, but extremely hard to do effectively. You have to be rich, pretty much. Unless you grow hemp, then you are set.

hemp is not some super food regardless of what the proponents say,
it's not even in the top 10 for most nutritious foods

Based on what? Hemp seeds are super high in protein (way higher in protein than meat or cheese), only 1 tablespoon contains 5 grams of protein. It also has all the essential amino acids the body needs.

I've been using whole hemp seeds and hemp protein in my protein shakes lately. I switched from whey/dairy because it's way healthier due to the omega 3's, and I also believe the studies about hemp reducing tumors.

Those "top 10 most nutritious foods" basically only list the foods that are trendy and "in" right now. Shit like quinoa, kale, whatever. Hemp seeds are something that hasn't made the trends yet.

Edited by Crystal G (06/26/14 09:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #20188362 - 06/26/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Research in general is pretty shady. Not to say that there isn't good research out there, cause there is....but there's a lot of BS involved with it.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Dark_Star]
    #20188363 - 06/26/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
I'm about to eat bacon & eggs. :cookiemonster:

:highfive:

I've tried both vegetarian diets and diets with meat and I find myself happier, healthier, and much more energetic when I eat meat.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: deCypher] * 2
    #20188372 - 06/26/14 09:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Likewise. Plus it tastes good. I'd rather fully enjoy my life, even if that life winds up being shorter, then to sacrifice the things I enjoy just so I can live as long as possible.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Dark_Star] * 4
    #20188377 - 06/26/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

“There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry.”
--Mark Twain

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #20188406 - 06/26/14 09:35 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
“There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry.”
--Mark Twain

It would really suck if a person found out that the strict deprivation didn't even have any real health benefit, and it's major justification was only an appeal to popular opinion. Mark Twain would laugh his ass off. That kind of humor was his style.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: deCypher]
    #20188466 - 06/26/14 09:52 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Dark_Star said:

I've tried both vegetarian diets and diets with meat and I find myself happier, healthier, and much more energetic when I eat meat.

Probably because you were not getting all your nutrients. If you eat a vegetarian diet which is the exact same as the diet you have now except minus the meat, you are going to be missing a lot of protein among other things.
It's a completely different cooking style because you don't have the meat as the main thing anymore. I prefer it because my dishes are a lot richer and more interesting than when I was eating meat. And I feel a lot better. But I am getting all my nutrients that I should be - even moreso than when I ate meat.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Dark_Star]
    #20188480 - 06/26/14 09:57 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Research in general is pretty shady. Not to say that there isn't good research out there, cause there is....but there's a lot of BS involved with it.

Yeah, well if you consider that whey protein is basically made from dairy, which often comes from hormone-pumped cows... and consider the fact that most of these hormones cross the blood-brain-barrier which means it's going to be in the highest concentration in milk... and it's not easy to see why hemp protein is clearly the better choice than whey.

Not to mention whey protein has tons of other shit in it, such as artificial sweeteners, while hemp protein doesn't.

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #20188535 - 06/26/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Based on what?

Those "top 10 most nutritious foods" basically only list the foods that are trendy and "in" right now.

:werd:, exactly what I said.

Probably based that statement on not seeing hemp
listed in some super food article in a magazine.

OfflineDelirious Dwemer
ol bastard witch doctor
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: 1234go]
    #20188617 - 06/26/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hemp is awesome.

--------------------

Invisible5cruffyMuff
BLVCK SCVLE
Male

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Delirious Dwemer]
    #20188636 - 06/26/14 10:36 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Shiiiiiit Lucky for him no pressure in his ass when taking shits. I woke up to find out my hemorrhoid came back luckily its small but damn man I had chicken last night and I know I'm gonna shit real soon fuuuck!!!!!!!!!  times like this I wish I was a vegan  .

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: 5cruffyMuff]
    #20188673 - 06/26/14 10:46 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i graze on grass all day long, and my bones are so strong.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: sprinkles]
    #20188685 - 06/26/14 10:49 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I smoke grass all day long and my bones are strong too

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: sprinkles] * 1
    #20188690 - 06/26/14 10:50 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I say, eat what your body tells you to :wink:

--------------------
www.piday.org/million/

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20188945 - 06/26/14 12:09 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Dark_Star said:

Probably because you were not getting all your nutrients. If you eat a vegetarian diet which is the exact same as the diet you have now except minus the meat, you are going to be missing a lot of protein among other things.
It's a completely different cooking style because you don't have the meat as the main thing anymore. I prefer it because my dishes are a lot richer and more interesting than when I was eating meat. And I feel a lot better. But I am getting all my nutrients that I should be - even moreso than when I ate meat.

But you eat dairy, right?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: koods]
    #20188988 - 06/26/14 12:22 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Dark_Star said:

Not really anymore. The only dairy I eat is whey powder, which I would like to move away from (I need to find some good soy / hemp protein powder) ( as I am trying to build muscle mass).
I get my calcium from broccoli - it has more calcium than milk. And I get my potassium from the veggies I eat (some of them), potatoes, beans, etc.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #20189048 - 06/26/14 12:34 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Possible, but extremely hard to do effectively. You have to be rich, pretty much. Unless you grow hemp, then you are set.

hemp is not some super food regardless of what the proponents say,

Based on what? Hemp seeds are super high in protein (way higher in protein than meat or cheese), only 1 tablespoon contains 5 grams of protein. It also has all the essential amino acids the body needs.

I've been using whole hemp seeds and hemp protein in my protein shakes lately. I switched from whey/dairy because it's way healthier due to the omega 3's, and I also believe the studies about hemp reducing tumors.

Those "top 10 most nutritious foods" basically only list the foods that are trendy and "in" right now. Shit like quinoa, kale, whatever. Hemp seeds are something that hasn't made the trends yet.

More pris bullshit, hemp is high in omega 3, omega 6 and has every essential amino acid and 2 extras which is good for our blood. Not to mention it has enzymes which help our digestion and much more I can't bother to list since its all available in a quick search.

Hemp isn't a "super food" It's just food like anything else we can eat. "Super food" is such a bullshit fad trendy hipsters go by.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20189140 - 06/26/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Dark_Star said:

Not really anymore. The only dairy I eat is whey powder, which I would like to move away from (I need to find some good soy / hemp protein powder) ( as I am trying to build muscle mass).
I get my calcium from broccoli - it has more calcium than milk. And I get my potassium from the veggies I eat (some of them), potatoes, beans, etc.

There are very very good protein powders based solely on plant protein.  Plant Fusion is a big one that I have used for a while even while working out to build mass.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Uzziel]
    #20189158 - 06/26/14 12:58 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

How'd you eat hemp seeds ?, chewing a load of ganja seeds doesn't seem very appetizing. They're expensive to buy de-hulled.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Mike_yy]
    #20189164 - 06/26/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You could always blend them in a smoothie

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds