Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate?
    #17832270 -

Googled this question and even tried doing math (net wt. of a chocolate bar; 30% cacao) and I can't believe I still haven't been able to get an answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832305 -

what brand?


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832330 -

A. Who cares?
B. Almost none


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: hidenseek1]
    #17832333 -

Most brands stick to a similar range, listing 30 or 32 percent or something on the front. About how much. I don't need a completely specific answer. Let's say, a ½ lb. Hersheys bar. Hershey's makes bars in that size. An average person will probably eat that much milk chocolate in one sitting, even if they have to eat two smaller bars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832340 -

Milk chocolate is :girlofdisapproval:


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #17832346 -

Moonshoe said:
A. Who cares?



I consume one tablespoon of pure cacao about three times a day. Last year I was consuming three tablespoons three times a day. I'm curious how my cacao consumption compares to average cacao consumption.

Moonshoe said:
Milk chocolate is :girlofdisapproval:



Milk chocolate is the only chocolate that tastes good. Unless you're talking about some exotic mixture with hot peppers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832351 -

does it have health benefits? do you mix in in sugar(ie hot chocolate)


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832360 -

I drunk organic raw unprocessed cacao. It is amazing and is an entirely different thing than even 100% coco. Most coco is Dutch processed which destroys the nutrient value


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #17832390 -

No, I just mix it in water.


Hollenberg and colleagues used death certificates from 2000 to 2004 to look at causes of death between the Kuna who live on the San Blas islands and those on mainland Panama. The Kuna on the mainland do not drink the flavanol-rich cocoa.
They found that the risk of 4 of the 5 most common killer diseases: cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart failure, is reduced to less than 10% in the island-based Kuna people, who drink up to 40 cups of epicatechin-rich cocoa a week.


http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/65046.php


The truth is often bittersweet ...: chocolate does a heart good. Alspach G. Crit Care Nurse. 2007;27(1):11–5


And there are acute effects, which is the main reason I'm using cacao. Currently discussing those in the following thread on Bluelight: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/660439-Mixing-MAOI-with-cacao

Moonshoe said:
I drunk organic raw unprocessed cacao. It is amazing and is an entirely different thing than even 100% coco. Most coco is Dutch processed which destroys the nutrient value



So do I, I use this stuff. Best quality processing and a blend of criollo and trinitario varietals. http://tisano.com/shop/cacao-ingredients/cacao-powder-organic/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832442 -

:thumbup:


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #17832459 -

It should be noted that those cannabinoids mentioned in the Bluelight thread will not be found in the powder as the powder has the fat removed from it. One should use either a combination of powder and cacao butter or nibs or whole beans.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: s240779]
    #17832569 -

240779 said:
It should be noted that those cannabinoids mentioned in the Bluelight thread will not be found in the powder as the powder has the fat removed from it. One should use either a combination of powder and cacao butter or nibs or whole beans.



So would that mean to discover what cacao is soluble with?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much cacao is in a bar of milk chocolate? [Re: Andromeda]
    #17832608 -

Don't understand you. The Bluelight discussion is on the psychoactives identified in cacao, the significance of which is not yet fully established. If you go to the link to the PDf of the cannabinoid study, you'll see it states that the cannabinoids are fat-soluble. So, they will have been removed from cacao powder. I personally would reccommend using cacao powder plus cacao butter if you wnat the full benefit, as cacao powder has a longer shelf life, I think. You also have the freedom to use extra butter and thus get extra cannabinoids. :stoned:

Edited by s240779 (02/19/13 08:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Chocolate covered coffee beans?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,736 20 02/25/06 01:44 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Chocolate Chip Cookies mytymyc 389 2 07/14/07 12:36 AM
by California
* Dark Chocolate.
( 1 2 all )
Jared 3,089 28 10/20/14 10:18 AM
by watermelon mon
* Chocolate Poll... Name Your Obsession! TM 763 8 08/13/07 11:42 PM
by BrandNoob
* First time making chocolates Great Scott 833 7 11/18/06 01:05 AM
by Gr8fulJ420
* Goats Milk Oracle Of Delphi 1,158 5 05/13/07 04:59 PM
by Clean
* Drinking spoiled milk kidaihuan 2,876 17 11/23/07 04:13 AM
by Nibin
* Got Milk? SkorpivoMusterion 2,044 13 12/04/03 08:22 PM
by orizon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
837 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.