Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Invisibleohcrapitsnico
The Other One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: thelanzii]
    #20185733 - 06/25/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I dont understand the obsession with being the most spartan and unforgiving with your diet. We have one life, im going to spend it enjoying what i eat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Crystal G]
    #20185741 - 06/25/14 06:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
No fat? The human brain runs on fat. That's weird. Usually vegans consume tons of fat, usually through olive oil and raw nuts and things like that.

The guy doesn't speak for all vegans. Just like there are uneducated dumb meat eaters, there are uneducated dumb vegans.
I am basically vegan, and I eat a lot of protein, way more than I did when I eat meat. I have to eat a lot of protein because I am building muscle.
Fat is also important (but good fat).

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #20185748 - 06/25/14 06:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:
I dont understand the obsession with being the most spartan and unforgiving with your diet. We have one life, im going to spend it enjoying what i eat.

the health risks associated with meat and dairy suggest you will live a shortly life because of your dietary choices.  YOLO in my opinion is a poor justification for one's life choices.  But you are indeed entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20185776 - 06/25/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
what is "healthier" about it?

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: thelanzii] * 1
    #20185811 - 06/25/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:

kenyan runners staples foods are bananas and corn.  You have to eat a lot.  Every cell in our body is run on glucose.

Ha.  Hope they enjoy all that running before their entire intestinal and colorectal system is damaged by all the fiber consumption.  A high carb/fiber, low fat, low protein diet is the absolute worst possible diet. 

It's no coincidence that the country with the highest life expectancy amongst developed countries(despite very high tobacco consumption), low health care costs, an extremely low obesity rate, legendary libido and sex culture, and high median intelligence, japan, has a very low fiber and high protein diet[fish, white and red meat, white rice(although high carb), tofu, and seaweed].  But go ahead "healthy" vegans and fiberphiles, continue to promote the healthcare industry and teach your children how to slowly destroy their intestinal and colorectal systems.

Going to bed soon so do'nt expect a reply.  My anti-fiber crusade is ongoing.  When i have time, i'll make a proper thread on the subject one ov these days.

--------------------

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: lavod]
    #20185836 - 06/25/14 06:26 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm actually of the opinion that the fiber found in whole grains and perhaps even vegetables, at least when eaten in isolation, is too abrasive for humans' digestive systems and is one of the causes of sickness and disease, but the fiber of fruits is particularly soft and the idea that it's damaging to the colon is just absurd. And Doug Graham, the guy in the videos, is primarily a fruitarian.

NOTE: I don't fully subscribe to Graham.

--
This may shock you, but by every indication, our digestive physiology was designed to process the soft, water-soluble fibers in fruits and tender leaves, almost exclusively. 

It is true that cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collards, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage are loaded with nutrients, including soluble fiber. But they also contain cellulose and other tough, difficult-to-digest fibers. These vegetables are best digested when eaten in their youngest and most tender state. For best results, they must be thoroughly chewed or mechanically predigested via the use of a blender or shredding device. 

To assimilate completely, we need to digest completely, and every time we eat foods that are more difficult to digest, we compromise our nutrition and, over time, our health. To be sure, we are capable of swallowing vegetation that contains cellulose and other rough, insoluble fibers, but such foods put a great load on our organs of digestion and elimination. 

Where health is concerned, we want to derive the greatest benefits while minimizing the detriments or outright harm. When we apply this idea to nutrition, we are looking for “enough” of the nutrients we need, not necessarily the most we can get. The indigestible fibers in the harder-textured vegetables are very difficult for our bodies to digest, relative to the soft, soluble fibers in fruits and tender leafy greens. Thus, they are not among our ideal foods.
--

The 80/10/10 Diet. Douglas N. Graham. 2006

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: s240779]
    #20185864 - 06/25/14 06:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

the guy in the video is 72 years old.  Looks pretty ok to me for a 70 year old...

edit: fook u google.

only 61, not 72.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: thelanzii] * 2
    #20185925 - 06/25/14 06:42 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:

the health risks associated with meat and dairy suggest you will live a shortly life because of your dietary choices.  YOLO in my opinion is a poor justification for one's life choices.  But you are indeed entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Humans are omnivores. We have evolved as meat and dairy eaters, and the increased availability of these foods is one of the reasons why human lifespans have doubled in the past 150 years. It is very difficult to get the benefits meat and dairy provide through other means.

Not eating meat may be more ecologically sound, but it will compromise your health and physical development in the long term. You are free to make that choice for yourself, but please don't impose that kind of diet on a child.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: koods]
    #20185984 - 06/25/14 06:52 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:

Humans are omnivores. We have evolved as meat and dairy eaters, and the increased availability of these foods is one of the reasons why human lifespans have doubled in the past 150 years. It is very difficult to get the benefits meat and dairy provide through other means.

Not eating meat may be more ecologically sound, but it will compromise your health and physical development in the long term. You are free to make that choice for yourself, but please don't impose that kind of diet on a child.

I disagree koods. All the benefits of meat can be gotten by not eating meat.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: thelanzii] * 3
    #20186703 - 06/25/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Half the world lives off of less than 2 dollars a day.  You can;t afford meat on 2 dollars a day.  Look into the China Study.  In the fall I will be taking a certification from an ivy league university mainly based off of that study and plant based diets in general.

false. even living here and buying at the store I can prepare a decent meal
for 5 people at about $5 per meal and that meal includes meat, now what you
fail to look at is that most of those $2/day people also raise much of their
own food including the meat whether it's a goat, chickens or cows and
pigs, the chickens lay eggs which is the best source of protein since it's
so easily digested and with even a small flock it's abundant and you dont
have to constantly replace the source of protein

many times, the meat helps them to grow their food

it really helps to understand the cultures and not simply assume that they
dont get any animal proteins based on economics especially since what they
spend is far less than what we do for the same amount of food.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20186737 - 06/25/14 09:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:

I disagree koods. All the benefits of meat can be gotten by not eating meat.

do tell.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Cyclohexylamine] * 3
    #20187092 - 06/25/14 11:12 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Possible, but extremely hard to do effectively. You have to be rich, pretty much. Unless you grow hemp, then you are set.

--------------------

OfflineXingu
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Shroomism]
    #20187210 - 06/25/14 11:53 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So having minimal amounts of amino acids, including neurotransmitter precursors, is...healthy? I'm vegetarian and have gone vegan for a while, but I sure as hell keep my protein/fat intake at reasonable levels on most days.

Edited by Xingu (06/25/14 11:54 PM)

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Xingu]
    #20187332 - 06/26/14 12:31 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

there are many people thriving on that ratio and many top level athletes that eat an 80/10/10 ratio

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #20187339 - 06/26/14 12:33 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
Half the world lives off of less than 2 dollars a day.  You can;t afford meat on 2 dollars a day.  Look into the China Study.  In the fall I will be taking a certification from an ivy league university mainly based off of that study and plant based diets in general.

false. even living here and buying at the store I can prepare a decent meal
for 5 people at about $5 per meal and that meal includes meat, now what you
fail to look at is that most of those $2/day people also raise much of their
own food including the meat whether it's a goat, chickens or cows and
pigs, the chickens lay eggs which is the best source of protein since it's
so easily digested and with even a small flock it's abundant and you dont
have to constantly replace the source of protein

many times, the meat helps them to grow their food

it really helps to understand the cultures and not simply assume that they
dont get any animal proteins based on economics especially since what they
spend is far less than what we do for the same amount of food.

Not everyone has a culture or land structed as the tibetans do.  The people in china who get fat and ridden with disease are the ones who can afford meat and dairy.  The China study highlights this point throughout the book.

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: thelanzii]
    #20187350 - 06/26/14 12:36 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
there are many people thriving on that ratio and many top level athletes that eat an 80/10/10 ratio

I find that hard to believe. I'm aware of literally no athletes who eat like that, especially for the sports im interested in.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: The Vapor]
    #20187356 - 06/26/14 12:38 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

cycling, running.  find me one elite level cyclist who eats high levels of protein and fat and ill give you a big ol cookie.

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
    #20187390 - 06/26/14 12:53 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The burden of proof is on you. Name someone who uses that ratio and is a professional cyclist.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: raw vegan says humans need barely any protein and barely any fat [Re: The Vapor]
    #20187400 - 06/26/14 12:55 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

chris froome

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #20187414 - 06/26/14 12:58 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

YOu could live off khat, rice, kratom and ganja man. that'd be the life.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf