Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind.
    #8334650 - 04/27/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

As a recent experience in my life, I have come to a obstacle to all philosophy - the living emotional application of it.

The most apparent one we begin with and indeed what most people out there struggle with is the emotional intellectualization of "Not caring about others opinions" As in instilling a confident presence in our every day encounters, for EXAMPLE.

The purpose of this post is to express my experience with philosophy and how it has lead me to this conclusion; beliefs are nothing, without being able to apply them.

It is because of this that I open the dialogue to any understandings about the application of belief in our everyday lives.

Understanding I have accumulated

Belief expressed is a vibration in the brain, which metaphorically exerts a precise meaning in the world and the situations we encounter and engage in. A belief literally changes the things we see and thus how our emotional centers react to them.

A feeling is a message from the mind to the body to coordinate movements quicker and more efficiently. Ie. When you get scared your body gets a jolt of adrenaline. In a public situation this may not be best and desirable, especially if we assume we can repress our fear.

Repression is a nessecary thing - only to the extent that there are logical, as in beyond our imagination reasons for the repression.

It occurs in a very ugly way in our world, because we repress wholesome and natural things, which indeed feed out lives with joy - ie. sexual expression(i am suffering largely from this right now I continually have to nullify a fear of desiring penis. More like i lack an understanding about my true nature.

Repression can be used to suspend an emotion into question once can understand our beliefs and their meaning in relation to our feelings.Anything else would seem unnessecary, unnatural, and stressful.

Deep seated beliefs can arise in lack of awareness of the individual and can be a great fucking to beginning a willingness to express new emotions and nullify crappy ones. These are the most difficult to re-arrange, especially because they lack any notion that this post is expressing. Ie. In our deep cultural beliefs lacks complete understanding of our emotions, with little mention into changing our emotions beyond - "Be confident, Relax. Its about Loving yourself"

The reason these things are useless, is because they only give a person a goal, but no tools to get there. Ie. Many people know that homosexuality is natural and acceptable, yet our emotions, especially as young adults do not reflect that and certainly my parents are not to blame, so much as their understandings about it.they lack understanding it takes to accept it, more than anything they themselves fear the quite and troubling ridicule you are met with in a public space.

Ironically the system of belief implanted in us by our culture, lack any understanding about the application of new and improved thought, it being a major road block in my life - these beliefs make it so much more difficult to change our emotions, because we go into lapses where we forget to dismiss an emotion as simply a message from the brain to the body.

The people we spend time around, express a huge impact on our ability, especially if they cannot see through the illusion and enslavement to limiting and irrational beliefs. It is crucial to adhere and take notice of this - especially because there are those that say one thing but express to much fear deep down to actually believe anything outside of the norm. Be weary of your emotions and listen to them whilst around others, thought patterns are much harder to see than emotions.

Watching our emotions can also pose another set of problems - we forget here that we can use our mind to create our emotions.

Guilt or feeling bad about feeling things that contradict what we know is true - is another great obstacle. What occurs when we feel bad about ourselves, is we begin to literally attack ourselves with emotional thrusts which leaves you very weak and depressed because your energy is being directed mostly towards attacking your emotional body. Naturally we attack the source of the problem - however because of our cultural beliefs, we assume fault and blame ourselves for most our problems that seem to stem from ourselves, when in retrospect they stem from the things we are using to express through - abilities, thoughts. Negative energy is natural and is best used as applied towards the real source of our problems, which is not our emotions but the things which are responsible for them.

The most important thing i could express through this post is to notice that it is not beneficial or efficient to stop thoughts that arise as interpretations. Ie. I dont care what people think.
Or I am not enlightened or I have an ugly body.

It is better to attack the source of our problems by stopping the thoughts that make it Logical to have these thoughts and thus feel the feelings which arise from them. Like when an Interpretation and the feeling it brings arises, such as the ones mentioned, it is better to forgo analyzing the interpretation and better to focus on the belief which makes it possible. Ie. My body is fat and ugly, I will never be loved. Is best followed with a FOCUS on 'the reason WHY we are all ONE. Instead of 'we are all one, therefore i shouldn't care or feel bad about myself for this..."

So instead of focusing on the thought itself, in the context of why we shouldnt feel bad about it - focus soley on the reason why.

Ps. Be careful in feeling guilty about feeling guilty or shame about feeling shame - they are the same things and feeling guilty itself and can be transfered over to a new emotion with a new understanding.

Ok. I am off, I will check this is a week.

peace

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #8359382 - 05/03/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wow - I am in a different place in the world now and i learnt alot new things on the trip over.

Watching emotions is the most destructive course of events that can lead your life.

By watching emotions i mean literally, experiencing them, like they reflect who you are.

Instead, reality can be like a tap dance, you both dance to the music and you create the music.

To many dance to the common music, the common cultural beliefs. We boarder on dancing to our own music and attempt to experience a reality that we can actually logically relate to.

So when you are experiencing an emotion that is illogical, focus on the reason why, instead of the question WHY?

It simply lacks no shortness of redundancy to witness an emotion as relating to our status, as in character, whether we are strong or weak, or as in enlightned or unenlightened.

Still it lacks no shortness of that redundancy to judge whether we are witnessing the emotion. If witnessing is a sure fire way to loose balance, then witnessing whether you are witnessing, is surely no different.

Reality is an active process, once we can signify your role in the creative nature of what that role CAN be, then do we begin to experience our life as in ever increasing ease and luster, which shines lightly like the moon in the darkness of the sea night.

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#8360346 - 05/04/08 03:45 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:heart::thumbup:

You're going through a natural intellectual development that coincides with the transfer of libidinal interest with your mother (incest wish) which is really a veiled disguise of your natural desire for rebirth. You will get your rebirth and you're making great speed. Be aware you have quite a keen intellect and so be happy with disparities you might have with peers if they feel natural. You're above the pack but not yet quite beyond it, but you will be.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: burgatory]
    #8360466 - 05/04/08 05:49 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

When you have the courage to live with no beleifs, no interpretations, no intellectualising, then you are living in the Tao. Eventually all those who are awakening must realise that philosophising is absolutely futile, reality can only be experienced, lived, not truly described, any word trying to describe is a lie.

Thats why its so hilarious that theres so many books, so many teachers, so many years all pointing to this simplicity of not using your mind, but just throwing it away. When "you" are no more then enlightenment is, "you" are judgment & beliefs.

When nothing is bad, everything is good, when nothing is ugly, everything is beautiful.

All spiritual philosophy is, is actually undoing what philosophy does in the first place, which is giving you belief structures, ALL of which are false when concerned with reality.

Philosophy is the love of thinking, awakening is simply loving, no thinking involved. ALL thoughts are movements away from it...

:peace:

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (05/04/08 06:04 AM)

Offlinefivepointer
Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: Chronic7]
    #8360477 - 05/04/08 05:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
When you have the courage to live with no beleifs, no interpretations, no intellectualising, then you are living in the Tao.

Lobotomy sounds like the way to instant Tao.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: fivepointer]
    #8360827 - 05/04/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Still it lacks no shortness of that redundancy to judge whether we are witnessing the emotion. If witnessing is a sure fire way to loose balance, then witnessing whether you are witnessing, is surely no different.

This makes sense..

--------------------

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8362545 - 05/04/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Reality is perfect and complete, and always will be. It's a master illusion, created by none other than You. Realising this is enlightenment, realising that you're looking for Yourself when you seek love is enlightenment. Because you end up with everything you need, since you created the emptiness inside you yourself, there's no longer any seeking through intellectualizing, debating, social games and the rest of the meandering. All the love you ever need is right there inside you, you simply choose to ignore it.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8363087 - 05/04/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The most apparent one we begin with and indeed what most people out there struggle with is the emotional intellectualization of "Not caring about others opinions" As in instilling a confident presence in our every day encounters,

Use the force luke, use the force.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: Icelander]
    #8363246 - 05/04/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"Philosophy is the love of thinking, awakening is simply loving, no thinking involved. ALL thoughts are movements away from it..."

If all thoughts are movements away from awakening - then the thought that 'all thoughts are movements away from awakening' is self-destructive and useless, because it itself is a thought.

I dont believe awakening exists - its redundant to say you are awake - when you have no experience during which you are asleep, to reflect and conjure up an image of awakening.

Be careful - the Tao - is not practicle - we are experiencing a different reality than that of our anscestors whom the Tao was discovered - our minds have different capacieities now, they can overide natural tendencies - eating, sex and survival - anorexia, erectile deficiency and suicide.

Today and yesterday - another set of understandings.

One is that peoples gaze and presence influences our thought pattern, emotional patterns and actions. There is a suttle world of language between people its impossible to explain - i encourage you to seek it in your family settings and the awkward silences especially!!!

The second is that we run out of mental focus and need a day to recharge - some days our thought patterns can be sown beuatifully others not - however, leave a day where you push no thought, tally no emotions - just simply live - it may be troublesome but our minds are like muscles, they need repairing.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

#8364032 - 05/05/08 04:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't say mind needs repairing, mind isnt broken, the beleif "I am the mind" is what is delusional, id say mind needs to be seen for what it is, a watered down version of consciousness, limited to a body in space & time, the fact we are conscious of mind, straight away shows we are not the mind, mind is a phenomenon of being an individual in a body, it is not who we are.

You can go and train your mind to be whatever you want, much like you can train a dogs mind with a packet of biscuits, im saying the only way to awaken is to realise you are NOT the mind, just witness the mind, then you come to see that you are not this mind, you are not this body, anything you perceive can not be you, the belief that you are mind is what causes misery & depression for us humans, as we are capable of seeing through it. This is why we feel bound, imprisoned, its all in the mind, mind is bound, body is bound, they are always bound as they are desirefull, what you truly are is desireless.

:peace:

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (05/05/08 05:10 AM)

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: Chronic7]
    #8364129 - 05/05/08 06:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The only advice I can offer is to not care. Life becomes so much easier when you stop caring and just be...

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Living Our Beliefs - Struggles with the mind. [Re: Boots]
    #8364151 - 05/05/08 07:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

To not judge, to accept is beautiful as it leads to love & compassion.

"not caring" stinks of shutting yourself off from life, id say open up to life, open yourself so your heart is broken every second of everyday, this is growth :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom