Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLights
Mad scientistextrodionar~
Loc: Aside the rectum
Finding Weilii
    #828489 - 08/19/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Every Day i go on a walk in search of the elusive weilii. i have been spiing this golf course that was redone in the last 3 yrs and it is lined with sweet gums. Sould i look in the grass or pinestraw. The outline of the course is pinestraw. Should there be any luck there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Finding Weilii [Re: Lights]
    #828492 - 08/19/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I assure you this, anyone replying to this thread would be helping TWO people : )

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #828617 - 08/19/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, unless you live in Georgia you're probably not going to find it.

They tend to like sandy soils, more the stuff thats gray than red(that what I've gathered from the pics.) They also grow in bermuda grasses but the soil has to be right underneith the grass... Maybe LK can elaborate.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Gumby]
    #828678 - 08/19/02 04:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineLights
Mad scientistextrodionar~
Loc: Aside the rectum
Re: Finding Weilii [Re: ]
    #828888 - 08/19/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Lk is not going to take us on any tour. His patches are sacred. All we can really ask is for some more specific habitat information. And what kind of weather conditions that they can be found.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Lights]
    #829002 - 08/19/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Edited by Macey Howard (08/19/02 06:54 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Finding Weilii [Re: Macey Howard]
    #829092 - 08/19/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

When you get a print, we need to trade..

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #829949 - 08/20/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Man, folks make me out to be a stingy ass, that ain't cool I might take some folks out hunting yet this year, really its not that I'm all that worried about any of you being narcs, or that you'll rape my patch(I'll rape your ass if I caught 'cha) its that I have been extremely busy this year, barely anytime to go hunting alone, let alone setting up a meeting to take along others. I just might though, just to be nice and share, I've had my fun with weilii, had my trip for the year, and it'd make me happy to see others enjoying this mushroom.

About habitat, season, and where to look...Well, season has been almost non-exsistent since may. Only a few losse fruits here and there every 3-4 weeks during the summer. The main season for these mushrooms doesn't start until the fall rains, which is usually late august early september-november. I'm not finding anything at all lately except a couple in my backyard due to using a sprinkler. Wait until it starts raining regularly again and you'll have much better chances.

Habitat; New lawns from 3-8 yrs old, typically in centipede and bermuda grass. Disturbed grounds in general(construction areas etc...) that look like they've settled and are atleast 3 yrs old since being disturbed. Along the edge of developed grounds, like where a lawn meets the woods. Hillsides that are shaded and have been disturbed. Hunt in low grounds where water and fog collect frequently, but doesn't ever flood. Old flood plains that don't flood anymore. Under powerlines that get bush hogged(underbrush cut out) every year. Look around sweetgums that are only 10-15 feet tall. Every patch I have is covered more in leaves than pine straw, but I have seen them pop up in pine islands.

Basically start by looking in newer lawns, if everything looks right(age of neighbor hood, low lying grounds, etc...) and you still don't find anything, find acsess to the woods behind the neighborhood and walk the edge of the backyards and into the woods 10-15 feet. Abandon lots that were going to be something but were instead left to regrow can also be good areas, there are lots of these lots in suburbian ATL.

Theres lots more little details I could go on writing for pages, if you want to know more, either specifically ask or do a search, you'll find lots of info about weilii in the back pages of this forum.

LK,

--------------------

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

#854425 - 08/31/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I will go out looking today, and let you know how I did...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom