Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Self Defense
    #8079065 -

How do you intend to defend yourself, if you intend to at all? Do you own weapons for this purpose?

Do you carry? Got something in the car? Something for home defense perhaps?

Or are you completely unprepared and count on nothing bad happening to you?

No macho talk please, let's just get realm on Self Defense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8079082 -

foot 2 balls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #8079095 -

i do not own any weapons.

in the car i have a crowbar.

in my home i have knives.

if you mean in the event of a mugging i think that having a weapon actually might increase the chance of you getting killed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8079126 -

i am not prepared, i have no weapons, and am generally not a fighter at all, so i would most likely get fucked up real horrorshow. Ultra violence isn't ma thing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8079195 -

I believe in self defense. I will make a phenomenal effort to weasel out of dangerous confrontations. I don't care about honor, let them think they're cool, I just want to get the fuck out of the situation. Once my line is crossed though and I'm actually attacked I do not hold back and do my best to end the attack right then and there with all force. Mess with me if you'd like but I rip you to shreds if you attack me.

I'm alert.

I don't carry a weapon. What I do carry is a second wallet with enough money for some mugger's fix, and to pay with in situations I consider shifty. A throwaway wallet I have no issues with handing over - no personal stuff inside.

I am modestly trained in hand to hand combat (and not from a book) and always wear what in effect amounts to combat boots. I'll use anything I can grab but do not carry a weapon on me.

My house is pretty discouraging for burglars if they try to get in. Every room happens to have a decorative item or two that is no weapon, but could effectively be used as such. I have a safe room and a (real) short-sword for home defense which I can wield pretty well.

This is not America. Guns are rare here and typically only used in armed robberies. I don't want to be armed to the teeth and that stuff, but I've been victimized in the past and its not happening again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8079254 -

Will be getting a gun soon but not for "self-defense" because that would not be allowed here :gayflag:

I never carry weapons with me, but I'm big enough and have my wits about me so no one fucks with me. I do have a multiple stabbing knives in the house though.:tomato:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #8079434 -

elbows and knees are all i need. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8079707 -

Anonymous said:
I believe in self defense. I will make a phenomenal effort to weasel out of dangerous confrontations. I don't care about honor, let them think they're cool, I just want to get the fuck out of the situation. Once my line is crossed though and I'm actually attacked I do not hold back and do my best to end the attack right then and there with all force. Mess with me if you'd like but I rip you to shreds if you attack me.

I'm alert.

I don't carry a weapon. What I do carry is a second wallet with enough money for some mugger's fix, and to pay with in situations I consider shifty. A throwaway wallet I have no issues with handing over - no personal stuff inside.

I am modestly trained in hand to hand combat (and not from a book) and always wear what in effect amounts to combat boots. I'll use anything I can grab but do not carry a weapon on me.

My house is pretty discouraging for burglars if they try to get in. Every room happens to have a decorative item or two that is no weapon, but could effectively be used as such. I have a safe room and a (real) short-sword for home defense which I can wield pretty well.

This is not America. Guns are rare here and typically only used in armed robberies. I don't want to be armed to the teeth and that stuff, but I've been victimized in the past and its not happening again.



that's some good shit

my brother had a smart idea is if he's ever getting mugged to grab a handful of cash and throw it as hard as you can(which won't be very far of course, works better if there's wind) and run in the opposite direction. no one is gonna chase you rather than picking up the money

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #8079967 -

Quote:
that's some good shit

my brother had a smart idea is if he's ever getting mugged to grab a handful of cash and throw it as hard as you can(which won't be very far of course, works better if there's wind) and run in the opposite direction. no one is gonna chase you rather than picking up the money




That's fucking stupid....not only are you still losing money but your surrendering your own will for there sake...sock the shit out of em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8080039 -

Anonymous said:
How do you intend to defend yourself, if you intend to at all? Do you own weapons for this purpose?

Do you carry? Got something in the car? Something for home defense perhaps?

Or are you completely unprepared and count on nothing bad happening to you?

No macho talk please, let's just get realm on Self Defense.



physical and mental fitness\tai-chi\kung-fu\knife-combat,throwing\gun knowledge(marksmanship, tactics, proper application, and safety).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8080165 -

machete,sword,steel bar,hardwood stick at my front door

sensor lights and a camera to my front yard

dogs out the back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #8080665 -



AMERICA........FUCK YEA

COMING TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING DAY YEA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #8080696 -

I own two guns and know how to shoot well. That's for the house. And yes if someone was breaking into my home I would shoot them. Around here you don't get in trouble for that.

I don't live in a high crime area so have gotten somewhat lax on worrying about it when I'm out and about. But have always found just being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #8080864 -

Quote:
That's fucking stupid....not only are you still losing money but your surrendering your own will for there sake...sock the shit out of em.




Yeah right, and get stabbed with a knife, screwdriver or AIDS needle while you're doing it? Where I come from muggers are typically armed, usually with one of the above.

Risking getting pwn3d on principle alone? No thanks, let them have my throwaway wallet and clear off. Most are after the money anyway. I won't risk my life for something as silly as honor and testosterone.

When you're mugged, its typically in your own neighborhood. That means theres the chance of seeing the mugger again. You don't want some numbskull asshole in your neighborhood who wants revenge on you. If you get mugged hand over the dough and if you get attacked FUCK THEM UP.

Quote:
And yes if someone was breaking into my home I would shoot them. Around here you don't get in trouble for that.



Unless they have no conscience where you live, you can bet you WILL get in trouble for that. Make sure your stuff is insured and don't hunt for burglars. A gun should only be used to defend your life.

Fire a shot and yell to get the fuck off your property, but don't go vigilante. They might have a gun too and be able to take the first shot, or if you do make a kill chances are good that you'll be haunted with nightmares and guilt.

Quote:
But have always found just being aware of your surroundings is crucial.



Definitely. By being aware your odds are better, and research has shown many muggers don't even try when someone looks confident and alert.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8080973 -

Actually I have confirmed it with more than one police officer. If someone is physically in your home you have the right to protect yourself. That includes shooting them. The fact that they broke into your home is proof enough they meant you harm.

Now maybe it makes a difference that I am female and a respected member of my community.

I don't know if it matters that this is the south or not. Out in the country you have to take care of threats on your own.

One of the people who told me this was the chief of police at the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #8081144 -

>Fire a shot and yell to get the fuck off your property,
>They might have a gun too

sounds like a good way to get yourself shot.
If someone is actually breaking into/has broken into your house and you know beyond all doubt that this person is not a friend or relative.
Shoot them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #8081590 -

After my house has been broken into twice while my wife and I were asleep ( well we were sleeping till they broke in.. ) I decided to take some martial art's, and get familiar with simple weapons like short staff's and knifes.

I really recommend Krav Maga for self defense training. It is strait to the point, and effective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #8081624 -

Anonymous said:
After my house has been broken into twice while my wife and I were asleep ( well we were sleeping till they broke in.. ) I decided to take some martial art's, and get familiar with simple weapons like short staff's and knifes.

I really recommend Krav Maga for self defense training. It is strait to the point, and effective.



Shroomjew?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8082133 -

Anonymous said:
I believe in self defense. I will make a phenomenal effort to weasel out of dangerous confrontations. I don't care about honor, let them think they're cool, I just want to get the fuck out of the situation. Once my line is crossed though and I'm actually attacked I do not hold back and do my best to end the attack right then and there with all force. Mess with me if you'd like but I rip you to shreds if you attack me.




WORD UP. Are you me? Shit...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Self Defense [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #8083938 -

Quote:
Shroomjew?



Not me, if that is a registered user here,

If not, then that is actually quite funny :laugh:

No, I am not Jewish, they just know how to make a good mixed martial arts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Am i sick for this? or normal
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,171 29 09/25/08 06:12 AM
by Anonymous
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,392 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,118 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,692 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,013 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,640 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
424 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.