Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Paying students to agree with Israeli policies
    #7769644 -

Sell your mind for a 1000$?

Not worth it!

A pro-Israeli lobby group, has begun a program to pay Canadian and American university and college students to agree with Israeli policy and to voice pro-Israeli sentiment in classroom discussion, and in grassroots organization with other campus groups.

A pro-Israeli lobby group, has begun a program to pay Canadian and American university and college students to agree with Israeli policy and to voice pro-Israeli sentiment in classroom discussion, and in grassroots organization with other campus groups.[/url]Israeli lobby group has begun to pay students to agree with Israeli policy
Filed under: BC, International Politics, Israel, Israel / Palestine, Ontario, Palestine, Quebec, Resistance, academia, education, politics, war — paulitics @ 2:46 pm
A pro-Israeli lobby group, has begun a program to pay Canadian and American university and college students to agree with Israeli policy and to voice pro-Israeli sentiment in classroom discussion, and in grassroots organization with other campus groups.

The program, organized by the pro-Israel lobby group Stand With Us Campus, offers $1000 per year to pro-Israeli students or to students who may be enticed to go along in order to receive the prize of $1000 (source). In exchange for this money, students are to, in Stand With Us Campus’s own words, ”build relationships with their campus groups and individuals” to influence discourse in favour of Israel and then (again, in their words) ”report back to SWU campus staff to evaluate program effectiveness and network among themselves to ensure consistency.” (source)

So the next time you hear an undergraduate student in class claiming that Israel is only defending itself when the Palestinian/Israeli death toll is more than 14-to-1 in Israel’s favour, just think: he or she might actually be getting paid to say (and believe) such arguments.

According to Stand With Us Campus’s literature, so far, the following Canadian and American universities and colleges have a student or students (or “Fellows”, as they call them) who are being paid to advocate Israeli policy in their discussions and in their extra-curricular campus activity.

(Canadian schools listed in bold)

Columbia University
Cornell University
Florida Atlantic University
Florida International University
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins University
Lawrence University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
McGill University
Miami Dade College
Northern Illinois University
NYU
Queens College (CUNY)
Rice University
San Diego State University
San Francisco State University
San Jose State University
Santa Monica College
State University of New York at New Paltz
Swarthmore College
Syracuse University
The George Washington University
The University of Texas at Austin
Towson University
University of Arizona
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles
University of California, Riverside
University of California, San Diego
University of Florida
University of Michigan
University of New Mexico
University of North Texas
University of Oregon
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California
University of Vermont
University of Victoria
University of Windsor
Wayne State University


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Edited by carbonhoots (12/17/07 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7769891 -

lol its worth it. 1000 bucks for a college student? you know how much beer that is? sign me up!


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: SlashOZ]
    #7769912 -

No kidding.

Thats a lot of beer!


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7770317 -

Holy shit! I Love Israel! $1000 (CA plz)?

Jews can even bargain for love.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: Minstrel]
    #7770346 -

Lol

The Canadian Universities are Windsor, Victoria, and McGill. Chalk full of liberal-artsy classes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7770399 -

I voiced Pro-Palestinian views and got a free hookah.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: Silversoul]
    #7770513 -

Silversoul said:
I voiced Pro-Palestinian views and got a free hookah.



LOL!


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7770705 -

I clicked your link. Several times. It linked to your post. Every time. Why am I not surprised? If you can get $1,000 for your mind I suggest you take it. Now. You'll never get a a better offer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7771438 -

Link is fixed.

I'm entertaining some bids, care to make an offer?


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: Silversoul]
    #7772729 -

Silversoul said:
I voiced Pro-Palestinian views and got a free hookah.



You sure it wasn't a free C4 vest? LOL


--------------------



http://www.myspace.com/4th25


"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7772824 -

If anyone goes along with this, I will point at them and give them a disapproving look.

Then blast them with lasers.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7775165 -

wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7778124 -

I support Israel. We need the Mossad to help us defend freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7778527 -

zappaisgod said:
I clicked your link. Several times. It linked to your post. Every time. Why am I not surprised? If you can get $1,000 for your mind I suggest you take it. Now. You'll never get a a better offer.



...says a guy who clicked a broken link repeatedly looking for different resposes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7778812 -

I actually have gotten different results from the same action on a computer. Generally has to do with the status of my internet connection.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7779438 -

Fancy that Jews giving out money. Way to enforce stereotypes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7779864 -

I actually have gotten different results from the same action on a computer. Generally has to do with the status of my internet connection.

This happens to me all the time! Whenever my status is "disconnected", I get a screen informing me that the page cant be opened. Whenever my status is "connected", the link I click on comes up!

Crazyness


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7780054 -

Eh, they're just following the example set by the US on its moral low-road.

--

WASHINGTON, May 23 — A Defense Department investigation of Pentagon-financed propaganda efforts in Iraq warns that paying Iraqi journalists to produce positive stories could damage American credibility and calls for an end to military payments to a group of Iraqi journalists in Baghdad, according to a summary of the investigation.

The review, by Rear Adm. Scott Van Buskirk, was ordered after the disclosure last November that the military had paid the Lincoln Group, a Washington-based Pentagon contractor, to plant articles written by American soldiers in Iraqi publications, without disclosing the source of the articles. The contractor's work also included paying Iraqi journalists for favorable treatment.

The rest of the article here: nytimes.com


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies *DELETED* [Re: Diploid]
    #7781302 -

Post deleted by EntheogenicPeace

Reason for deletion: ---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/12/21 05:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paying students to agree with Israeli policies [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7781498 -

That's... pathetic.

I agree. Its also what rules the world. Unfortunately.


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Israeli Cabinet votes to Expel Arafat in Theory
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SquattingMarmot 5,611 92 09/17/03 01:07 PM
by shakta
* Israelis are very loving and generous people
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
question_for_joo 5,957 92 08/17/05 08:02 PM
by Redstorm
* Hezbollah attempting to transfer captured Israeli soldiers to IRAN
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 3,657 29 07/13/06 09:00 PM
by Microcosmatrix
* Affimative Action and the Univ. of Mich.
( 1 2 all )
Innvertigo 3,118 24 01/20/03 11:21 AM
by Dilauded
* 9/11 ? The Israeli Connection
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Zahid 5,511 82 11/04/03 01:57 AM
by Rose
* Israeli/Palestinian Solution
( 1 2 all )
Prodijal_Son 4,035 31 05/06/03 12:59 PM
by Cracka_X
* Israeli State Terrorism Zahid 495 2 09/23/04 09:46 PM
by Zahid
* Israeli soldiers refuse to serve in occupied territories Cornholio 747 1 06/18/03 03:30 AM
by Xlea321

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,995 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.