Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEllezdey
Stranger

tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate
    #7601291 - 11/06/07 04:14 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im not sure if those r the correct names but whutev. This is a fucking awesome topic!

Hypothetically, if this technique of producing up to a tenfold potency in your cultivated mushrooms is a scientific fact, then one should figure that every mycologist out there should know how to do this for the sake of having loads of fantabulous, whirly and Mys-fuckin-tystical shroom trips, or simply more fucking bang for your buck (if thats how you flow)!!!

What im really trying to say is that someone within this organization needs to successfully attempt and document a dmt-enhanced mushroom grow/trip. Hopefully its someone who knows how to grow so well that he/she can actually make use of the procedure to perform as many knowledge-gathering experiments as possible. After that has occurred, this person should make a tek and post it here so that we all can learn what ratios of vermiculite/brf/water/powdered mimosa hostilis (or whatever this person uses that has tryptamines in it) to configure our own dmt-enhanced mushroom grow.

ya know?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: Ellezdey]
    #7601403 - 11/06/07 06:57 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

it's far easier to just take an MAOI and then trip, not saying that is safe by any means, but harmala, or hostilis, whichever, make a brew, then dose your shrooms.

Adding tryptophan to your substrate is going to do nothing, if anything it will make your shrooms not produce it themselves. and be dependent on the substrate, i think this has been covered for years in advanced mycology section.

OfflineKrissKross
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: jeetered]
    #7601410 - 11/06/07 07:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im not qualified as any sort of scientist or mushroom growing expert. This has been known about and experimented with for years by the OMC, since before I started reading about shrooms.

If I recal, and if Im right about what you are refering to, the best way to do it is using refined tryptamine salts, which are too expensive and hard to get ahold of, to make theyr use worthwhile for most people.

Using plant matter, such as dry Mimosa tenuiflora (AkA mimosa hostilis) root dark would be impractical because the root bark contains only aproximatly %1 DMT in the root bark. I would imagine that if you could get your hands on some of this root bark, it would not be the optimal substrate. Regardless, I think that %1 is too small of a concentration to make a signifigant difference.

There are loads of posts in advanced mycology about adding trpytophan, tryptamines and various other related chemicals, including a large number devoted to DMT. From what I gathered in a short time of reading is that the root bark method, or any other method involving plant matter is ineffective (wether there is an effect at all, it is not much.)

Scientists have been successful with adding pure DMT, but once again, it makes little economic sense.

One more thing about the root bark method, I dont believe that wood makes a bad substrate for cubensis myc, I think it has a hard time digesting alot of the compounds that form the structure of wood, which if true might mean that your myc will have a hard time getting at the majority of the DMT that's in there.

Edited by KrissKross (11/06/07 07:19 AM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: Ellezdey]
    #7601552 - 11/06/07 10:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ellezdey said:

if this technique of producing up to a tenfold potency in your cultivated mushrooms is a scientific fact,

Which it is not. This has been attempted dozens, if not hundreds of times. Adding tryptamine, DMT, etc., to the substrate does not effect potency. Gartz's experiments to the best of my knowledge have NEVER been duplicated, even by himself. I suspect he jumped the gun in publishing his study, which stamets picked up and repeated, thus the myth lives on.

I also tried numerous times to duplicate the process, with absolutely no gain in potency. This exact thing was just in a thread yesterday, by the way.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7601561 - 11/06/07 10:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

and it will be in a new thread tomorrow..

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: Slimz]
    #7601587 - 11/06/07 10:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Slimz said:
and it will be in a new thread tomorrow..

and a few more times next week.

OfflineEllezdey
Stranger

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: jeetered]
    #7603294 - 11/06/07 05:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol, that sux that its barely a possibility. By the way RR, i said "hypothetically" didnt i?

DMT has a melting point of around 57C or 137F, i think, and sterilizing the substrate with dmt added would melt it into solution within the substrate. DMT rapidly deteriorates in solution with water so dmt would not be useful.

HOWEVER

If one were to get these refined tryptamine salts (melting point=140C or 254F. Sterilization of substrate=100-115C) that krisskross speaks of, how would you prepare the substrate mix? If you were to subtract 20 ml from the 1/2 cup of vermiculite per jar and add 20 ml of the refined tryptamine salts (hopefully there are no pH issues) and sterilize, what would be different during the growing processes? I can not accept that it is not possible to enhance the amount of psilocybin with tryptamine derivatives.

Perhaps the tyrptamine salts shouldnt go straight into the substrate. Perhaps the salts should become an ingredient in a casing. Maybe they should be lightly sprinkled over a mycelium layer underneath a casing as an additional step to the casing procedures. Could this help initiate pinning as an extra supply of fuel to be turned into psilocybin within the sprouting mushroom itself?

Research with psilocybin and tryptamine derivatives in relation to mycelia/mushroom growth reeeeallly needs to get going

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#7603549 - 11/06/07 06:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

gotta love a guy who won't take no for an answer...

to try to draw a poor parallel for you, what you're suggest is quintessentially the same as telling a balding guy to eat human hair so he can grow more... the mycelium do not know how to take advantage of the precursor amino acids (regardless of how well it's refined) in order to produce a chemical that we still don't know why it produces at all...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: mycocurious]
    #7604998 - 11/07/07 12:08 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, contrare... Tryptamine is readily uptaken from the substrate and incorporated into psilocybin. There are radiolabled studies to prove this. Other precursors like DMT and tryprophan are not as readily uptaken.

I'd be pretty surprised if Gartz wouldn't retract or correct his earlier paper if he found out the results were unreproducible.

Nonetheless it is disputed. It would be nice to see a writeup of the procedures used in attempts to replicate the experiment. Gartz writes that there were morphological changes (increased abhorts) in addition to increased potency.

Anyhow, I think it'll be awhile before this is completely settled. But it seems that there are some unknown barriers to obtaining the results described by Gartz.

-FF

OfflineEllezdey
Stranger

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: fastfred]
    #7605381 - 11/07/07 02:14 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

id love to see a url to a webpage offering scientific evidence either for or against this possibility

Offlinefreshboi
Stranger
    #7605438 - 11/07/07 02:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm gonna try it next time I grow just for fun prolly with yopo seeds crushed into the mix for casing

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7605441 - 11/07/07 02:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/9040/Tryptamine-Cubensis

Here ya go. Hope this gives you something to chew on for awhile.

-FF

Offlinec0_hush
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: fastfred]
    #7605477 - 11/07/07 03:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why not just eat 5g of shrooms and then smoke some nndmt for an interesting effect? :p

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: c0_hush]
    #7605501 - 11/07/07 03:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why not just make non-contributing, one line posts in order to waste space and derail threads all day?

Oh... Wait... Never mind.

Offlinefreshboi
Stranger
    #7605619 - 11/07/07 06:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

what about 5-HTP I think thats 5-hydroxy-tryptophan you can buy it at grocery stores or pharmacies in the vitamin section. I wonder if that would have any effect.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: tryptophan > tryptamine > dimethyltryptamine > dimethyltryptaminephosphate [Re: freshboi]
    #7605657 - 11/07/07 07:23 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

why doesn't everyone use the f&#king search engine.

this topic has been killed thirty thousand times over,
especially the use of 5htp.

omfg.

why make redundant posts about the same thread?

that dudes one liner was about the truth and u flamed him.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #7605951 - 11/07/07 10:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Enough. This is the exact same bullshit that happens in advanced every time somebody starts this type of thread. Talk, talk, talk, talk and nothing but talk. Nobody ever does ANYTHING, and those of us who have, like myself, reported NO increase.

Until somebody actually DOES this instead of talking about it, and can report the results and make them repeatable, I'm going to lock down these threads as soon as they pop up. There is nothing in this thread that hasn't already been said in hundreds of others just like it.
RR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains