Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Your personal meditation techniques?
    #745177 - 07/14/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What are your personal meditation techniques for meditation during a trip? stories would be nice, but tell me when in the trip, and how you go about it.
I've already read a bunch of links and directions for different meditations, but i want first hand experience while on the mushroom from you guys.
I'm trippin next week in the forest (and it might rain too!) and i want to meditate for the first time on shrooms. i'm lookin for suggestions about everything. thanks!

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: Blastrid]
    #745182 - 07/14/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Id also be intrested in that. Ive never had the chance to mediate and not be disturbed.
What about meditation stoned?

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #745317 - 07/14/02 11:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My most intense meditation experience came while tripping...
Words may not be able to do it justice, but basically, I sat on the floor cross-legged and visualized my body being a plant, and how it was growing towards the light. Then energy rushed up my spine and out the top of my head, and I had an "out of body experience". I was floating above my body looking down on it, and from that perspective my body morphed into a phallus. I had ejaculated myself out the top of my head. I felt more connected than at any other time in my life, like the innocence of early childhood. After floating around space for awhile I came back into my body and became aware of an energy field rotating around me at an extremely fast rate. I recognized that this field affected everything around me... This experience happened when I was 16 and ever since then it's been with me. Sometimes it's the only thing I can have faith in... I felt I had it because it showed me there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I have to keep growing towards this light and I will merge back into it, soberly.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: Adamist]
    #745343 - 07/14/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

this qoute can go nicely along with this thread.

"I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug."
-maynard from tool

Well my experience with meditating on shrooms, was very intense. In fact every time i do shrooms, which is very limted now i meditate. My techinque of meditation is a very old tried and true techinque, i select a inspirational passage, such as Saint Francis's prayer, or passages from the bhagavad gita. And i close my eyes very gently, either sitting on the floor or in a chair, i go through the words in a very smooth slow manner. Letting each word drop in my conscienceness, i focus only on the words, if distractions come into play which they still do for iam not a expert, i don't give in to them i just focus back in the words. In this process my hands and feet start to feel cold sometimes numb up, only during deep meditation i start to feel a certain loss of my body.
steps in meditation:
1st step- you discover you are not a body
2nd step- discover you are not your mind
3rd step- having discovered that we are not the body, not the mind- both subject to change, to growth and decline, in this thrid stage the tremendous climax of meditation, we make the most significant discovery any human being can ever make:we find out who we really are.

i couldn't get into detail's with the 2nd and 3rd step with you, for i have not experienced that, takes many many years of hard work. Iam only on the surface level on step 1.

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #746246 - 07/14/02 06:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>What about meditation stoned?

There are two main camps of meditation regardless of which style/tradition you practice: stabilizing (mindfulness-awareness/calm-abiding) meditations and analytical (insight/wisdom) meditations.

When I first started meditating I only practiced sober.  Then I started to practice Shinay (mindfulness-awareness) while stoned and BOY does it help!  Shinay (aka Shamatha) is the practice of being totally mindful of the breath (the first stage of meditation taught by the Buddha).  Being stoned, for me, always puts me in the "chill zone" and I am able to hold a better posture and have better control over the breath when I practice stoned.  The best part, though, is that my sober practice has greatly improved since practicing stoned as well.  I only perform analytical meditations (Tonglen, Inner Heat and Emptiness) sober though...I want my insights to be pure and non-drug induced.

All the styles I've learned and practice are from Tibetan Buddhism: Kagyu and Gelugpa traditions.

Here are two really good books to read to get a good look into meditation and the psychedelic experience in relation to meditation:

http://www.wisdompubs.org/productsZoom/0861710096.cfm?&userID=02121E03-03B8-42C0-8DF9B177D45CE37B (Highly recommended for beginners)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811832864/002-7533969-8028813

Love & Light,

Boppity 

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: Boppity604]
    #746283 - 07/14/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #746501 - 07/14/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever meditated?
Have you ever meditated ON WEED??

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: Sclorch]
    #746846 - 07/14/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever posted a message?
Have you ever posted a message...ON THE WEED?!?!

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #747213 - 07/15/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've posted a Theravadin Buddhist meditation in 'meditation, third eye, and the bible.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineReeferMan

Loc: wonderland
    #747338 - 07/15/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

One time the second time a few years ago ihad ever ate mushies i had a definite out of body expereince. I cant really explain it because i dont know the words that could even describe the feeling. But i was sitting on my back porch on the ground and was thinking about everything and meditating with some very relaxing music and insence buring and i opned my eyes after about an hour and a half and i felt like i was floating over myslef and i had turned into a bird and was looking over my house and peace and harmony with life never seemed more real and that was the day i relized that no matter what happnes in life we can always have positives to keep us sane and with it. That day i relized that our time on this earth is to short to fill our lives with all this hatered and violence that we are pounded with everyday. It made me a different person in a good way and i owe it to that second trip i ever took.

"Every little thing, gonna be alright" BOB MARLEY

--------------------
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

~Confucius (551-479 B.C.) Confucian Analects

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #747632 - 07/15/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

meditate, now and then

for one thing to come alive
another must die

for one thing discovered
another gets lost

for one thing to be healed
another must fall sick

(...to be continued)

I found a little joy in winning
I found a little pain in loosing
I found deep peace in surrendering

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Edited by Ini (07/15/02 08:52 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #747873 - 07/15/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Adamist, here is quote from www.revelatorium.com which seems to coincide with your experience:

"Under normal proprieties, regardless of astrophysical frequency, if you disengage from lustful sexual activities (complete celibacy is preferable), dissolve all carnal thought, do not cast your seed upon the ground (masturbate), and do not succumb to nocturnal emissions (dream visits), the seminal fluids will begin to move up your spine. The same is true whether you are a man or woman. The process of preserving the fluid is called internalization.

The flow will continue into your Pineal and Pituitary areas. The presence of the fluid stimulates a process of induction within an induction cup resonance center set up between your Pineal and Pituitary glands. The induction cup is called the Holy Grail. Since the Holy Grail is the true source of sustenance, the rise of fluid up your spine is called the 'Fountain of Youth'."

Check out the site..it's good..

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Your personal meditation techniques? [Re: Revelation]
    #748649 - 07/15/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhh, you wouldn't believe how true that is for me... I never really connected it with abstaining from sex. The whole part about the induction cup being the "holy grail"... I have become aware of this, in the middle of my head, if i concenrate (almost like focusing my eyes, but in a singular fashion) a trembling liquid feeling overcomes me and brings complete bliss, and usually images / visions. Lately though I have been unable to get the feeling... like the "rivers run dry", so to speak.
Thankyou for the information, I will investigate this further.

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #755376 - 07/18/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

so on meditating during the trip, do i need to wait til i'm coming down?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#755459 - 07/18/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation during the peak of a trip can be very intense if you can calm your thoughts enough... If you feel you can't concentrate then wait till your coming down.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck