Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

my glovebox
    #745377 - 07/14/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am posting a photo of my glovebox. I went thru 3 containers before I settled on this design. I hope this will help someone else.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: groingrinder]
    #745401 - 07/14/02 12:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

Re: my glovebox [Re: dog]
    #745418 - 07/14/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What did you use as reinforcements around the glove holes?
..........................................................................................................................
I went to Home depot and got pvc. It is a transition that goes from a 4 1/2" pipe to a 3 1/2" pipe. I think each one was about $1.20. Then I cut them off a bit on each end because the length was intefering with my arm movement from side to side. I bought epoxy putty to glue them in with and cut the holes out with a roto zip tool. Before using the epoxy putty you want to be sure and scruff up the plastic around the holes with sandpaper on both sides or the epoxy won't hold very well. My gloves go all the way through and are secured on the outside with rubber bands and duct tape. Pipe clamps would look nicer and be better, but I was out of money at this point.

--------------------

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Re: my glovebox [Re: groingrinder]
    #745736 - 07/14/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Your picture doesn't show up for me. Can you repost the picture with a list of materials?

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: groingrinder]
    #745763 - 07/14/02 03:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinemidas
Loc: dirty south
    #746345 - 07/14/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

like the top very well done. looks like you have some skill as a craftsman its nice to see someone take the time and pride to pay attention to details like properly spacing the screws used for the top most people would just glue it and slam in four screws in the corners.

something to check into may be those gloves used by plumbers and septic workers that go all the way up to your shoulders or biceps. this would allow full movement to all parts of the box but may be too much extra material depending on the size cuasing you to bump stuff around in there but shouldn't be a problem. if you see one of these guys working or ask your sh!t man who cleans the portables at construction sites if he has a clean pair you could have. when i did that work i always had tons of spares cuz i went through several pairs a week. a word of advice though if you happen to order some cuz they should be real cheap the less expensive ones will probably be better for this application cuz they are thinner as the good ones can be really thick the thinner ones will provide easy movement while still being plenty thick to provide a barrier between you and the inside of the box.

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

#746378 - 07/14/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Awsome design!!!! im with moe, i would love to see a tek or just a basic design post with materials you used! Keep the creativity flowin!

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: my glovebox *DELETED* [Re: Darkmoon]
    #746446 - 07/14/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by downforpot

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

Re: my glovebox [Re: Macey Howard]
    #746819 - 07/14/02 10:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone and thanks for the tip on the gloves Midas. I can't remember which forum it was on, but someone suggested using the gloves cattlemen use when birthing cattle because they go up to your shoulder. You can supposedly pick them up at feed stores. I will go over to home depot and find out the exact name of the parts I used and report back with a list of materials. If I was to make another one I would put the glove holes right in the middle of each end. Having a rotozip tool really makes cutting this kind of stuff easy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates