Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7198843 -

Man thats great. Sooo many that you just leave some, to collect at a later date.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7198902 -

naw, man. This definitely is no outdoor patch. I mean, nobody would put an outdoor patch at my company's location. It's in the middle of an industrial park. Plus, I found the latest ones probably 15-20 miles from the first ones I found.

But damn... this is definitely cool.


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7199834 -

PinheadX said:
naw, man. This definitely is no outdoor patch. I mean, nobody would put an outdoor patch at my company's location.




Could be the landscapers. Either just pranking around, or to come back to later.

PinheadX said:
But damn... this is definitely cool.



Word. :thumbup:


--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: Dr_T]
    #7200676 -

Maybe could I mix some loose soil in that was fertile, to act as the dung? Or do the fertilized soil below the wood chips maybe.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7201379 -

buy a bag of composted manure and mix that in


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7201474 -

hey pin ,
when you find out the source of this mulch/compost ..give me a link so I can order a truck load and have it dumped in my backyard :thumbup: :wink:
..would be so cool.. if this stuff is being sold by the bulkload


--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: RandomHero]
    #7201804 -

I'm going back to the shop after work. There are FAIRY RINGS of cubes there.

got my camera... pics will come.


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7202198 -

Man PinheadX great finds i cant wait for new pictures this gives me hope to keep an eye out, you have mad karma right now, what did you do to have such luck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7202719 -

I am sure that there is cow manure or compost tea in the mix.You don't have to see physical matter that u consider for it to be there.Also it could be old straw(weathered/nat. composted).Psil.Cub. is one hell of a survivior and will grow in some weird situations.

Hell cubes growing on a woodchip pile were on here before.


In the pic of the "newest star" I like the Pan. Subb. in the background too!

Edited by em_bre_O (07/20/07 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: em_bre_O]
    #7202840 -

indeed ..
I'm jus loving this thread...
more pictures are a must..

:heart: I might have to jus go checking apartment parking lots and such for cubes...sounds alot better then trespassing into an unknown field..:bongload:


--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: RandomHero]
    #7204238 -

look for places where new construction has happened recently. They have landscaping with fresh mulch.


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7204464 -

Okay

Here we go again!

Habitat pics






Evolution...



My pic of the month submission...



top view



Around the corner



This one's gonna be a monster... 2 inches at the base by my estimation



Another pic of the monster, with a very sick mushroom in the bottom left. This is one of the three I originally saw, and left that one because it looked fucked up. This is after it opened and whatever was inside it finished eating it. There are two new ones right behind it.



And finally, some that were there and looking bad the day I discovered them. I skipped them, and a day later, they look like hell.



So there you have it... more mulch mushrooms. Looks like there will be another 20 or so popping up here, too.

I harvested all but the three smallest ones on the left in the pic where the mushrooms go from small to large, and I left the monster one and it's buddies alone. And I left the sickly looking ones, of course.

21 total today





I have too many mushrooms. Anyone wanna party?

Funny thing is, I started some B+ on rye, and have 2 almost colonized quarts of B+. I'm fucked... Guess I'll put 'em in the fridge for a while or something.


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7204590 -

Haha ide be gay for some of your mushrooms, AWESOME finds dude good job :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7204647 -

Find out the Landscapin' company and go work for them or ask them for examples of places they have done that type of work so u know if you want them to do yours. Sometimes Landscaping comp. put signs showin' who did it and that would be fuckin' awsome.

Plus maybe there is someone at the company that is making "special" compost tea(spores added) or "special"(spores) compost/mulch mix. Annnnd I hate to profile but I'm sure u can figure out who it is;)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: em_bre_O]
    #7204718 -

Wow, excuse me while I drool all over myself.

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, you are a very lucky being.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: em_bre_O]
    #7204721 -

Be careful collecting those in such open places also =-o

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: implee]
    #7204741 -

Seriously you must have saved a bus full of nuns and children to get this karma, nice :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: implee]
    #7204770 -

that is truly amazing. great for you man. ive been enjoying this thread, keep it up!:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: PinheadX]
    #7204819 -

im speechless, that is so cool...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Never say never... cubes found in mulch [Re: Shrum821]
    #7204998 -

can't nominate myself for pic of the month... damn.


--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cubes? PerfectlyDefectd 976 5 08/20/05 12:24 AM
by PerfectlyDefectd
* MUTANT CUBE, zonate cube, and a polypore. PinheadX 9,903 7 08/04/07 09:29 PM
by CureCat
* Could they have been cubes? AllYourBase 954 3 02/28/04 09:08 PM
by teen
* KS Cubes 2005 season Peaceful_Nomad 2,716 11 08/07/06 02:45 PM
by em_bre_O
* Hotter Than Shit Bigger and Better: copes and cubes (Update 6une 12-2005) New pics mjshroomer 1,511 7 06/12/05 12:06 AM
by wildbill
* Monster Cubies In New Mexico.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
psilocybePsycho 9,699 65 03/07/07 11:53 AM
by mjshroomer
* Cubes are out in GA
( 1 2 all )
nermski 5,251 25 03/17/03 03:30 AM
by mjshroomer
* Kansas Cubes (Pics) UPDATE 12.04.04
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Peaceful_Nomad 26,011 119 12/08/04 04:50 AM
by xxduffxx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
19,790 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.