Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAllYourBase
Killer

Could they have been cubes?
    #2384981 - 02/27/04 11:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I wanted to post this to get some answers as to whether this was possible.  First off, I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and I doubt anyone has ever found cubes out here.  But last year in the fall, in my garden in my backyard, some shrooms grew on this mulch/soil that looked like cubes.  I didn't know what cubes looked like at the time.  I kept them in my fridge, and I never got to use a camera so they shrieveled up and and I was like fuck it and threw them away.  There were 2, with white caps that had brownish knobs in the middle.  Long, curvy, white stems that bruised blue, and the gills were purplish.  So does anyone know from this description if they could have been cubes, or does me living in wis. completely rule out that possibility?  I am gonna feel like an idiot if people tell me they probly were :crazy:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Could they have been cubes? [Re: AllYourBase]
    #2385062 - 02/27/04 11:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well, living in wisconsin rules it out. it also makes highly dubious your textbook descrption of Ps. cubensis (unless if by "brownish knobs" you mean something other than 'umbronate cap with gold center, becomming darker in the middle').
i think the bluing you noticed may have been wishful thinking and you really had perhaps a stropharia.

if you indeed found a truly bluing mushroom, then maybe you found one of those bluing mushrooms that have been turning up in southern ontario that nobody has been able to commit an ID to yet.
those seem to by very viscid tho.

pans certainly wouldnt have purplish giils, and you arent going to find intensely bluing ones in your state.

get a clear pic, and take a print. then i think i can tell you what they are

--------------------

OfflineAllYourBase
Killer

Re: Could they have been cubes? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2386977 - 02/28/04 06:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
well, living in wisconsin rules it out. it also makes highly dubious your textbook descrption of Ps. cubensis (unless if by "brownish knobs" you mean something other than 'umbronate cap with gold center, becomming darker in the middle').
i think the bluing you noticed may have been wishful thinking and you really had perhaps a stropharia.

if you indeed found a truly bluing mushroom, then maybe you found one of those bluing mushrooms that have been turning up in southern ontario that nobody has been able to commit an ID to yet.
those seem to by very viscid tho.

pans certainly wouldnt have purplish giils, and you arent going to find intensely bluing ones in your state.

get a clear pic, and take a print. then i think i can tell you what they are

I can't get pics, I tossed them out a long time ago, they rotted away. And they didn't turn that blue.

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Could they have been cubes? [Re: AllYourBase]
    #2387547 - 02/28/04 11:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I am gonna feel like an idiot if people tell me they probly were

Yeah but you would be an idiot beyond a shadow of a doubt if you'd eaten them before you had a chance to ID them, so don't bother getting upset about 'what ifs'...

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification