Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned by Tool
    #7001968 -

These two tracks are from Tool's new album 10,000 Days. Lost Keys is segue introduction to the 11:11 minute song Rosetta Stoned. Together they form a fictional psychadelic induced story of an Extra-terrestrial event that happened to an unsuspecting fellow, who ends up in a hospital telling his experience to a doctor. Check it out and read along the lyrics; they are pretty damn cool, definately Shroomery type of tracks :cool:

Seeing them play July 9th, in the pit!  :rockon:

Keep an eye out for drug related refernces!










07 lost keys (blame hofmann) •

Nurse: Excuse me, doctor, do you have a moment?
Doctor: A moment? What's the question?
Nurse: More of a situation, a gentleman in Exam 3.
Doctor: What's the problem?
Nurse: That is the problem: we're not sure.
Doctor: You've got the chart?
Nurse: Right here.
Doctor: Hmm... not much here, is there?
Nurse: No doctor, no obvious physical trauma, vitals are stable.
Doctor: Name?
Nurse: No sir.
Doctor: Did someone drop him off, maybe we can speak to them? Let's get some background on this fellow.
Nurse: No ID, nothing, and he won't speak to anybody.
Doctor: Well, let's say hello.

Doctor: Good morning, I'm Dr. Watson. How are you today? How are you today? Look son, you're in a safe place, we want to help you, in whatever way we can. But you need to talk to us, we can't help you otherwise. Now, what's happened? Tell me everything.

08 rosetta stoned • OFFICIAL LYRICS

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy
when a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...

Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files being,
Looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan
with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of
vanilla Chig Champa
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent
Outta the butt end of the banana vessel
And hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw,
and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
and all I could think was:
"I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fuckin' pants."

So light in his way,
Like an apparition, [that]
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
the Deadhead Chemistry
The blotter got [right] on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.
He said, "You are the Chosen One,
the One who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
and a warning for those who do not."
Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me!!!
And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
All sorta terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
While I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
Y'all sound like Peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing
'Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

You believe me, don't you?
Please believe what I've just said!
See the Dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold [and] eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed.

Hey ...

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed *
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, I'm brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

I can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero
Can't remember what they said
Bob help me!
Can't remember what they said

[We] don't know, [and we] won't know (x12)

God damn, shit the bed!

Edited by chodamunky (06/03/07 12:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: chodamunky]
    #7001989 -

You have to put lost keys before that, it's part of the story.:nonono:

If your playing the tracks, you should listen to lost keys then Rosetta Stoned:thumbup:

But yeah thats some close encounter insanity.
Be it drug related (LSDMT) or for real.


--------------------

Edited by UnderNose (06/03/07 12:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: UnderNose]
    #7002031 -

Quote:
You have to put lost keys before that, it's part of the story



Done

Thx for the tip, I totally should of thought of that :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: chodamunky]
    #7002137 -

one of my favorite new tool songs to see live now. seen it performed 3 times. fucking better and better.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: plexus]
    #7002350 -

I like the combo of Wings and 10k days better. Once you know it's about his mother it makes the song take on such a deep and powerful meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: chodamunky]
    #7002466 -

Thats OK chodamunky.
I also like the ominously perfect 11:11 track length:uptosomething:
Everything means something.

Also plexus, seeing them perform that three times would something special.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed *
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, I'm brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed


I bet many have had this feeling. myself included. except for shitting the bed.
But thats only a matter of time.....and dosage


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: UnderNose]
    #7003073 -
Log in to view attachment

Theres alot of stuff to all of tools albums. I made this post a few months ago about wings for marie pt 1 and 2 being synced. I have the file but I cant upload it cause its too big and I dont feel like reducing the quality.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Edited by Idiot (06/03/07 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: Idiot]
    #7003588 -

Idiot said:
Theres alot of stuff to all of tools albums. I made this post a few months ago about wings for marie pt 1 and 2 being synced. I have the file but I cant upload it cause its too big and I dont feel like reducing the quality.



i hate this wings pt 1 and 2 synch shit... its retarded.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: Idiot]
    #7005353 -

They aren't synched, its just two parts of one story about his paralysed mom dying, he would devalue his story like that with retarded shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: xFrockx]
    #7006618 -

Don't be so ignorant people, what does that accomplish.

There are supposed to be many "puzzles"
There is a combination of three songs on the 10,000 days album.

xFrockx if you listen to the whole song you would know.
After putting it together I also see how they work together.
There are some strange harmonies, lyrics & instruments Bounce back & forth between the tracks.
In the same key, tempo time & signatures

It kind of works like this.

03 Wings For Marie (Part 1) 6:13 + 11 Viginti Tres 5.02
........04 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) 11.15...................

Add track 03 and 11 together
6.13 + 5.02 = 11.15 Coincidence. I think not.
Then put track 02 which is also 11.15 with both of them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: UnderNose]
    #7009628 -

You can synch anything if you try hard enough.

edit:

And I know the song damn well, im not just being an asshole here, I own every tool album and have hear the "whole song" of every song they and a perfect circle have released.

edit2: just listened to it how you have it, my god, you must be some sort of fucking moron to think it synchs.

Edited by xFrockx (06/04/07 08:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: UnderNose]
    #7009836 -

UnderNose said:
Don't be so ignorant people, what does that accomplish.

There are supposed to be many "puzzles"
There is a combination of three songs on the 10,000 days album.

xFrockx if you listen to the whole song you would know.
After putting it together I also see how they work together.
There are some strange harmonies, lyrics & instruments Bounce back & forth between the tracks.
In the same key, tempo time & signatures

It kind of works like this.

03 Wings For Marie (Part 1) 6:13 + 11 Viginti Tres 5.02
........04 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) 11.15...................

Add track 03 and 11 together
6.13 + 5.02 = 11.15 Coincidence. I think not.
Then put track 02 which is also 11.15 with both of them.



im sorry... youre retarded.
tool didnt do this as some kind of puzzle because it just sounds stupid together.

they would think of a puzzle a lot cooler than that.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: plexus]
    #7009934 -

why do tool fans have such a habit of using harsh language with one another?

and does anyone feel as if these songs are a warning to drug users, especially given the Pot as well ?


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: leery11]
    #7010037 -

Offended by strong language? Pull the bonnet tighter over your ears. Words are inanimate, they cannot be good or bad, get over it.

The pot is about drug legalization near as I can tell.

Rosetta stoned is about an acid/dmt trip, dosn't really need to go beyond that.

Viginti tres is really perplexing, it means "23" in latin i think, the only lyrics are damn near impossible to make out, and are also in latin.

Wings and 10,000 days are dedicated to maynards mom, who when she was around 27 had a stroke that left her paralyzed. Wings focuses on how she was, how she was always faithful to god even though as maynard says in "judith" by a perfect circle "he left her paralyzed"

10,000 days is the amount of time (roughly) she lived after her stroke. Maynard says that she "saved" him by showing him how strong her faith is, and she is one of the few people who truly deserve heaven. This is of course, all rough, i dont feel like making a lot of effort. Its just tool, its good music, good lyrics, but not a puzzle. The only puzzle is the question why people think every tool song has some sort of "extra" level of meaning beyond the already deep ones the lyrics have. You aren't going to find the meaning of life listening to all the tool songs played in unison people, but you might blow and eardrum.

Edited by xFrockx (06/04/07 09:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: leery11]
    #7011023 -

leery11 said:
why do tool fans have such a habit of using harsh language with one another?

and does anyone feel as if these songs are a warning to drug users, especially given the Pot as well ?



search Tool and psychadelics on youtube. they support the responsible use of psychs, hell, maynard even says that they use them to get to a certain place in their music, but the real key in the whole process is getting back to that mind state in the music, BUT without the drugs.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: leery11]
    #7023894 -

Quote:
and does anyone feel as if these songs are a warning to drug users, especially given the Pot as well ?



i don't think so. i think the pot is pro pot, all about legalization. rosetta stoned is just a trip report.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: maggotz]
    #7023919 -

maggotz said:
Quote:
and does anyone feel as if these songs are a warning to drug users, especially given the Pot as well ?



i don't think so. i think the pot is pro pot, all about legalization. rosetta stoned is just a trip report.



a badass trip report at that!


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: Syle]
    #7029980 -

i think the song is about how these type of experiences can be written off as crazy simply because the use of these drugs as a TOOL.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: plexus]
    #7030108 -

also, it addresses our socially constructed definitions of what crazy actually is.


i mean, for reals, what IS crazy??!


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rosetta Stoned by Tool [Re: Syle]
    #7030419 -

Syle said:
also, it addresses our socially constructed definitions of what crazy actually is.


i mean, for reals, what IS crazy??!



TOOL is pretty crazy.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* tool Vats of Blood 1,666 14 10/04/03 07:00 AM
by Geeno
* about tool
( 1 2 all )
barfightlard 4,454 36 04/30/05 03:35 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* dissection of TOOL
( 1 2 3 all )
Murex 7,010 48 02/05/04 10:14 PM
by SlapnutRob
* Tool, spirituality and evolution
( 1 2 all )
Triplexiosis 4,856 24 07/02/05 09:29 PM
by mecreateme
* For the TOOL fans...
( 1 2 all )
bf6 4,568 32 05/27/05 08:36 AM
by AkashaPrinciple
* Tool's Lateralus
( 1 2 3 all )
Sclorch 5,680 40 11/24/03 11:01 AM
by chunder
* New Tool Album Soon....
( 1 2 all )
AkashaPrinciple 6,673 29 05/07/19 09:07 AM
by h4dr0n
* rosetta stoned
( 1 2 all )
Psy Baba 3,811 26 01/19/07 06:25 PM
by Revelation

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,521 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.