Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
rosetta stoned
    #6457552 -

Odd experience as told by Maynard from Tool.

Directly from "The Tool Page"

(BOLD indicates official lyrics which correct earlier guesses)

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy
when a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...

Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files being,
Looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan
with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of
vanilla Chig Champa
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent
Outta the butt end of the banana vessel
And hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw,
and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
and all I could think was:
"I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fuckin' pants."

So light in his way,
Like an apparition, [that]
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
the Deadhead Chemistry
The blotter got [right] on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.
He said, "You are the Chosen One,
the One who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
and a warning for those who do not."
Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me!!!
And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
All sorta terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
While I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
Y'all sound like Peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing
'Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

You believe me, don't you?
Please believe what I've just said!
See the Dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold [and] eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed.

Hey ...

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed *
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, I'm brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

I can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero
Can't remember what they said
Bob help me!
Can't remember what they said

[We] don't know, [and we] won't know (x12)

God damn, shit the bed!


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6458486 -

WRONG :crankey:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6458901 -

????


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6459203 -

Epic song for sure.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Revelation]
    #6459283 -

haha, at the gorge when they played this live, maynard just walked around the stage looking like he was pecking at the ground like a chicken.

every now and then he would reach out and grab at the ground. later i found out he was trying usher a little frog off the stage so it didn't get skooshed.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Syle]
    #6459506 -

this song is actaully not an experience that maynard had.
it was told to him by a strange man he met named dave.
hence, the lyrics "this is so real. like the time dave floated away."
i love this song.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mushroom2:


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6461352 -

i always thought he was saying 'like the time they floated away'. besides, it's hard to say what the song is about when they haven't even posted official lyrics for the album yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6461413 -

plexus said:
this song is actaully not an experience that maynard had.
it was told to him by a strange man he met named dave.
hence, the lyrics "this is so real. like the time dave floated away."
i love this song.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mushroom2:



Thanks for clearing that misconception, Although What I meant in my original post was he was telling OF an experience not necessarily his.   


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/15/07 07:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6461448 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
plexus said:
this song is actaully not an experience that maynard had.
it was told to him by a strange man he met named dave.
hence, the lyrics "this is so real. like the time dave floated away."
i love this song.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mushroom2:



Thanks for clearing that misconception, Although What I meant in my original post was he was telling OF an experience not necessarily his.   



yeah, i know, i was just stating that point for people who knew what the songs about but didnt know that about the song.

i love this song live. especically with the new visuals they added for the arena tour... very fitting to the song. very trippy. the opened with this song when i saw them on their theater tour before their big fesival tour, when i was on a heavy mushroom trip... nedless to say, this became my theme song for the rest of the night. haha.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6461698 -

Very cool. I have not been blessed enough to see Tool, or even maynard live yet. I hope they are still touring when I am able.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6461709 -

yeah...saw this song live and man, it was amazing.


--------------------
[blue]Dr.bluethumbs[/blue]
[blue]I am an official tiki servivor[/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Sabin2k]
    #6461724 -

It's hard to really pick a best live song of theirs...

My picks would be Schism (specially the middle interlude, the way they do it fast now on the new tour), Lateralus (i mean, come on, when Danny hits that gong, your mind just orgasms into oblivion), or maybe Opiate (when they did this at the Gorge, it was flawless and it was fantastic to hear them play the old stuff).

If I HAD to choose, I would say Lateralus; it's a whole spiritual experience on its own when witnessed live.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6463002 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
Very cool. I have not been blessed enough to see Tool, or even maynard live yet. I hope they are still touring when I am able.



well, theyre doing a new US arena tour this year, so go when they come around this time... after that, who knows... bands thatve been together as long as tool can break up at any moment... unless its a bands like Nine Inch Nails or Primus which revolves and evolves around one man. Tool needs the sound of each member to make that signature tool sound... especially with the new addition of justins amazing work on 10,000 days... im excited to see what else he'll bust out on the next album.

hmm... favorite song live...
Eulogy was definatly one of the most powerful and awe inspiring performances ive seen. the chorus blew me the fuck away.

other than that, id have to say Disposition/Reflection/Triad both times i saw it. Wings/10K days was also very powerful and moving to me when i saw it the last time i saw them.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6464216 -

Hope they hit over by the west coast.  :thumbup:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6464723 -

DMT

That's all I gotsta say.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Murex]
    #6465031 -

Wish I could have the privilege to try it. Bought yopo but couldent get it to work.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6467255 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
Wish I could have the privilege to try it. Bought yopo but couldent get it to work.



Uh... lets not turn this into thread about DMT. there are plenty other threads and forums for that at the shroomery. Back to discussing how badass Rosetta Stoned is.

I just got an idea. A shred of insight, if you will, about what maynard might be saying with this song. I'm gonna go to sleep and type my idea later. What do you think Maynard's message is with this?


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6467570 -

That sometimes a heady mixture of mind altering chemicals can leave you feeling like you've been godfisted by the universe without lube.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: plexus]
    #6468194 -

seeing Tool this weekend at Big day Out.
:rockon:


--------------------


dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rosetta stoned [Re: Revelation]
    #6468469 -

Revelation said:
That sometimes a heady mixture of mind altering chemicals can leave you feeling like you've been godfisted by the universe without lube.



well thats the obvious meaning of the song.
dont you think theres more than a superficial meaning.?


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Maynard has "Found Jesus"...No More Tool :(
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Catalysis 8,981 78 04/10/05 02:07 AM
by sundayseven
* Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned by Tool
( 1 2 all )
chodamunky 3,521 22 06/18/07 08:09 PM
by OMniversal
* Underworld Soundtrack - Maynard, "Renholder", APC, and More Darkcloud 1,685 4 09/12/03 12:49 PM
by Anonymous
* David Bowie/Maynard TinTree 910 5 01/07/05 05:02 PM
by AbstractHarmonix
* rolling stone top 100 guitarists
( 1 2 3 all )
yelimS 6,837 47 09/09/03 02:11 AM
by Blastrid
* Queens of the Stone Age ToastyToad 1,152 15 04/29/04 09:05 PM
by Wysefool
* Like a Stone solo Snape 740 8 02/22/04 11:16 AM
by Snape
* stoned art Amanita_Muscaria 662 6 04/01/04 03:41 PM
by superfalk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,812 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.