Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: In(di)go]
    #2302732 - 02/04/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ingo! I haven't seen you around is os long, I thought you were gone for good. Howzit goin man? Good to see you back!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: Glacius]
    #2303193 - 02/04/04 11:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have the greatest understanding of time signatures, so I won't attempt to contribute to that discussion.

Even without this knowledge, it's obvious that Tool are something special. Lateralus in particular is a work of art that everyone should experience. I think its lack of humor and unseriousness that can be found in Aenema makes it that much stronger artistically.

I've seen Tool three times and I think their power can be described by an event that I noticed the second time I saw them. Our area seemed to be loaded with drunk assholes who were loud and spilled beer on my friends several times. It didn't bother me too much, but behavior like this is unacceptable to me outside of a mosh pit. Anyway, they played Disposition/Reflection/Triad which was the most amazing musical performance I've experienced. It seemed that for the half hour or whatever it was that it took them to play through those three songs, everyone in the audience just shut the fuck up and watched. The drunks didn't make a noise, which amazed me, and not only did I not say a word, but I never moved my eyes away from the stage.

We should truly cherish this band and be thankful that they're around in our lifetimes for us to experience.

If they don't get out another album by the end of this year I'm going to explode.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: Murex]
    #2303469 - 02/05/04 12:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Murex said:

Ingo! I haven't seen you around is os long, I thought you were gone for good. Howzit goin man? Good to see you back!

heeeeeeeeeeey man! yeah i know... i kinda went OTD for some time :crazy: :crazy2: :nut: ... i dunno i was tired of discussing the same shit all the time... we seekers would talk about our theories and ideas and then swami showed up and just went amok about stuff... and everything turned into a battle of who could turn whom into their beliefs faster... of course no one would give up so basically it was a waste of time and energy... so i left... i feel secure about what i belief, and i think ive managed to withdraw my ego from the need to proove myself right everytime... it still happens, sure, but it has become a lot less... besides i was tired of reading so much... i read enough books as it is and well i just needed a nonsense place that didnt allow me to think for some time LOL... i also had quite a lot to do lately... i have a new girlfriend which obviously takes up A LOT of my time and im still playing the drums with my band which is working really good lately... we've been having lotsa gigs so i've been busy in the real world as well... this doesnt mean i dont miss you guys... i really do... i just found s&p to be extremely energy-draining by the time i left... but well, who knows i might be back... :grin:

thing is, i'm glad im not forgotten yet hehehehe... and its good to see thinkers again, if you know what i mean... people at OTD are fun no doubt about that, but they just dont think... at least they dont while they are in OTD... and it is especially good to see statements of tool that dont refrain themselves to "tool rules all." ... of course they do :wink:, but there is so much more to them than that... :thumbup: well look at me rambling... the point is, im glad to be back!

all the light

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2304232 - 02/05/04 09:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

sweet, I'm glad this thread has been revived, and Ingo has returned to MA+L! stay around here, man, we have no Swami to challenge your character...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2304603 - 02/05/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SlapnutRob said:

If they don't get out another album by the end of this year I'm going to explode.

Sorry to break this to you, but the word is that Tool will not be doing anything until sometime in 2005 because of Maynards involvement in A Perfect Circle.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2305482 - 02/05/04 02:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SlapnutRob said:
Anyway, they played Disposition/Reflection/Triad which was the most amazing musical performance I've experienced.....

:eek:

My god, it would definitely HAVE to be the most amazing musical performance that I've ever experienced, that is, if I did experience it.... holy fucking wow! Do they usually play them?

I had a really profound experience with those songs in particular (the whole album definitely, too), really can't be described in words... time and movement followed the bongos. hehe. Well, much deeper than that, but you know...  :mushroom2:

*opens up Guitar Pro and experiences with 3/4 agansit 4/4*...  :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2305543 - 02/05/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, the 3 times I saw them during the Lateralus tour they played those 3 songs together each time. It got better and better the next time I saw them due to mostly the adding of the Alex Grey artwork. Wow.

Yeah I doubt Tool will do anything for a while cuz of APC.
but that's cool, cuz so is APC.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #2306874 - 02/05/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I got tired of S&P also. I realized that I accomplish nothing there. MA&L is my home now, and I have a drink at the pub every so-often too. I haven't really been on for a few months because of my life as well. It happens, and as long as you can stop by once in a while I think it's healthy. Too much is bad, too little is missing all the fun.

Back on topic now...

I can't wait to hear another Tool album. I wouldn't know what to expect either. APC kicks ass, and the 13th step has really grown on me. I like what Blastrid said in the post above (the last line)...that's funny.

:smile:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: dissection of TOOL [Re: Murex]
    #2307100 - 02/05/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Billy Howerdel has said that APC gets Maynard until this coming summer. As to what Tool will spend the summer doing, who knows? It's also been confirmed by Blair MacKenzie Blake that Danny, Justin, and Adam are working on new material almost daily, and keeping regular communication with Maynard (This is how they worked on Lateralus, so it obviously works.)

Is anyone else here a member of Tool army? We're pretty much guaranteed to have first word on any official news... pretty cool site if you want to cough up the membership cash.

And yeah, Fireworks, they played the threesome every show last tour, and they extended the hell out of Triad, and it was unbelievable.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder