Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemista_grinch
Stranger

Loc: west
art bell
    #688684 - 06/19/02 04:22 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Im a newbie to this forum, but it appears alot of you get your topics from the art bell program....fellow (shroomers and listeners out there)?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: art bell [Re: mista_grinch]
    #688710 - 06/19/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

never heard of art bell
maybe art bell gets his topics from the shroomery?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: art bell [Re: mr crisper]
    #688811 - 06/19/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #688836 - 06/19/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hope you didn't actually think this was the "Spirituality & Philosophy" board...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: art bell [Re: Swami]
    #689374 - 06/19/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

that nonsense is for the masses with no imagination, you need to dig deeper... dont confuse yourself with these imposters
what is this art bell, a man, an entity, a movement... a program to be enrolled in... a school of thought?

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#689379 - 06/19/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hmm, I haven't listened to Art Bell in awhile... I met a guy who listens to Art Bell a few months ago; though unless you're him, I suppose you don't care.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #689609 - 06/20/02 03:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

All I know about Art Bell is that he has an internet radio station (i think it's internet). At the end of Tool's album lateralus, there is a "song" called Faaip De Oiad, this is taken from an art bell show. Here is the transcript from the show:

Art Bell: . On my Area 51 line, you're on the air, hello.
Male caller: . Hello, Art?
Art Bell: . Yes
Caller [sounds frightened]: . I don't have a whole lot of time.
Art Bell: . Well, look, let's begin by finding out if you're using this line properly or not.
Caller: . OK, in Area 51?
Art Bell: . Yes. Are you an employee or are you now?
Caller: . I'm a former employee. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... [chokes] I kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.
Art Bell: . So you can't spend a lot of time on the phone, so give us something quick.
Caller: [voice breaking up with apparent suppressed crying] .
OK, um, um, OK, what we're thinking of as aliens, Art, they're extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. They've infiltrated a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now, Art.
Art Bell: . So they're not doing, not doing anything.
Caller: . They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable...."

At this point the entire radio station was taken off the air. The sattelite apparently lost contact with earth.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: art bell [Re: deepr]
    #689610 - 06/20/02 03:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

LOL........I wonder if she even knows............

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#689936 - 06/20/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've never heard Art Bell..heard a lot about him.. but never heard his show. It seems to me he wants to scare people more than anything.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#691384 - 06/20/02 06:43 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

So, you're in the west... The person I met who listens to Art Bell is in the west too. Could the world be that small? Nah.

Just thinking out loud.

--------------------

Anonymous

#692642 - 06/21/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Actually Mista-Grinch, Mr Bell's 'topics' have only recently surfaced, this time round. I myself have posted in regards to his hilariously pseudo-newsey' talk show.
Aftr Art Bell convinced thousands to horde MRE's & bottled water , while cowering in a hole dug in the backwoods, complete with your shotgun and bible...in preperation for Y2K...January 2nd rolled around, and we all know how that went!
He has lost the last shred of credibility he once had with me.
But I continue to listen, for it helps me to know how may crazy ppl out there actually believe his Guests. Most of which are reading right off a script, (you can hear them turning the pages & re-reading sections when the station goes to break!!)
His program is by no way ' a source' for anything but hysteria. Listen to him while smoking a J, he seems to toy with the ones that are obviously lying. Its good for a laugh.
-OoD

Offlinemista_grinch
Stranger

#694086 - 06/22/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I have seen a decrease in the credibility of his guests over the years, however I dont take it too seriously, as entertainment only, there are some good scientists on the program with the highest credentials.....and thats worth its weight in gold.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: art bell [Re: Anonymous]
    #696079 - 06/23/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Art Bell is the biggest spreader of misinformation on the international airwaves in recent times. He has a mililtary and intelligence background, and I'm willing to bet he keeps in contact with the CIA. His sole purpose is to make the listener believe there are aliens who have and still are visiting this planet. And like someone mentioned above, his 'stories' are designed to incite fear into the MILLIONS of people listening to him around the world by putting on supposedly credible guests on the show. Why would he want us to believe that extraterrestrials exist? You tell me what you think first...

OfflineInDiCaToRgReEn
Re: art bell [Re: chodamunky]
    #697029 - 06/23/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

is there really anything to be scared of here, i cant see that anymore, all there is here is cause and effect. i think we are living in an alice in wonderland scenerio but there is meaning behind it, and that meaning is realizing that you are the first cause, realize that and your world will change, forget about exterior business and worry about interior buisiness, the buisiness of your soul and if you listen it will speak but first you must quiet the outside world in order to be the first cause.

--------------------
"oh to be a kid again, not a worry in the world except mybe the lack of bubbles in the bath tub"

Offlinemista_grinch
Stranger

#698335 - 06/24/02 12:31 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

misinformation my ass...is it that hard to believe that one program with 20-million listeners is just trying to seek the truth? Why does everything have to be a god damn conspiricy up in here?....oh, I forgot where I was

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order