Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Waking up Enthused
    #6890173 -

I no longer wake up enthused every day. Im not sure when this changed happened.
I remember as a kid, even school was something to look forward to and especially the summer days.
It is such a daunting indicator that I have become complacent with life and everyday is the same shit, just a different pile.

Which I dont understand, I am still a happy person, but I just dont wake up with the zest and hope of a bright new day that I used to have.

Is there anyone here who can honestly say that they get up every single day enthused?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890181 -

so you can make fun of me?
I refuse to admit it
you will have to
plant cameras


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890187 -

Hmmm...I don't remember waking up enthused every day, even as a child.  I've always been a dreamer, and reluctant to face the "duties" of waking life.

Though I seldom wake "enthused," I do generally enjoy my days.  Perhaps I'm just slow to warm up?  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890197 -

I apply the maximum amount of motivation that I have available every day.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890210 -

Do you remember having any dreams at all?
How do you usually feel when you go to bed? Exhausted, sleepy, anxious? Or how?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6890262 -

I have a very high rate of dream retention (i guess). I have to be exhuasted to go to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890321 -

Hey, try doing some jogging before going to bed, like for half an hour or so. Your body could retain some toxins which have a HUGE influence on your ability to get the proper recuperation from sleep. Toxins also influence your mind set dramatically.

Also try to keep a diary and white there only what you think you must remember about your mind frame and then re-read it and see if you notice anything at all (like the same thought coming over & over back at you, impulses and the like).


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890341 -

Some days I could say I wake up enthused. Most days I wake up calm and content. Now and again I wake up cranky and sore and tired. The latter have become fewer and fewer since I got out of the hell of teenage-hood. Thank god.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6890353 -

well, do you think it is just part of life?

im not saying every single day, you get up with exuberance to go watch your parents die of cancer in the hospital. But a general majority of your days.

does it mean I dont have anything to look forward to?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890370 -

Quote:
does it mean I dont have anything to look forward to?





No, it means that you have to start analyzing yourself and see what causes it. You probably have some bad and weird-ass drams that exhaust you like that only that your mind keeps you from remembering them as a measure of protection.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890377 -

It probably just means that you're not particularly inspired or stimulated by what you are currently doing with life. Maybe you need some new challenge. It sounds like some soul searching may be in order. A trip to the mountains?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890383 -

Quote:
does it mean I dont have anything to look forward to



Aren't you in a better position to answer this question than anyone else?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6890392 -

Quote:
A trip to the mountains?



In fact that's a great idea, nature does wonders both to our minds & souls


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890401 -

*Nevermind, I was mistaken.*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6890406 -

I go from a few days to a week enthused, to long periods of not being enthused. I try to maintain it when I find it, though.


--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6890416 -

jonathanseagull said:
I go from a few days to a week enthused, to long periods of not being enthused.  I try to maintain it when I find it, though.



What is it exactly that you do to maintain it? :strokebeard:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6890431 -

Are you suggesting beard-stroking as a method of prolonging enthusiasm?  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: Veritas]
    #6890489 -

Veritas said:
Are you suggesting beard-stroking as a method of prolonging enthusiasm?  :lol:



Something like that :lol: :strokebeard:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6890520 -

enthused This word sounds funny. Say it out loud a few times.

Anyway I believe the reason we were more enthused when we were young was the fact that we didn't have as many programs running and we didn't have as much internal dialog seperating us from the world of wonders.

It's quite sad really.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking up Enthused [Re: Icelander]
    #6890555 -

Seeing how children act now that I am older,
they seem to have much more spunk than I remember having as a kid....
But, my parents tell me that I was the same way at that age.... 

Musta~ been the Flintstone vitamins....    :grin:

It could be the programming, and it could be that when we are younger, we had much less responsibilities....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wake Up America!!!! january77 919 4 12/24/01 02:29 PM
by CherryBom
* Wake Up!
( 1 2 3 all )
Source 2,552 42 09/24/04 10:54 PM
by Source
* Waking up, Vs, Being woke up.. Gomp 775 7 02/28/06 09:39 AM
by JacquesCousteau
* Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up?
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 2,029 28 06/12/06 06:50 PM
by Noviseer
* Gasping In the Wake of Dogma: Who’s got a Life Preserver? andrewss 834 6 03/01/09 01:37 PM
by andrewss
* Vico and Surfing Finnegan's Wake machineelf368 724 2 02/05/03 05:33 PM
by machineelf368
* Wake the Fuck Up Huehuecoyotl 458 1 03/28/08 02:00 PM
by psyka
* wake the FUCK up!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mitchnast 9,704 90 10/22/03 09:47 AM
by ska8ball

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,959 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.