Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #5657275 - 05/21/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry...unclear statement. Churton's book is a very good read. In it, he compares Pagels to Jonas re: their respective definitions of Gnosticism. Jonas book is a classic, albeit rather dry. Pagels is a more modern author and a Princeton scholar. Churton seems to be a rather bright guy. He schooled in Oxford but is not a trained theologian or philosopher. Nevertheless, I recommend his book[s].

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5659055 - 05/22/06 02:25 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:
I belive it is a change of blood sugar and your brain still booting up after wakeing.

That might be a correct explanation of the chemical level, but is it a true explanation?

Even if your explanation is correct it provides nothing in explaining (or leaving room for) how the awakening is experienced.

OfflineyelimS
bohem

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5659085 - 05/22/06 02:47 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Can you remember ever falling asleep? And not just metaphorically, by the way.
I remember laying in my bed to sleep a long time ago, then I blinked and it was day, and I was wide awake..

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: yelimS]
    #5659088 - 05/22/06 02:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yelimS said:
Can you remember ever falling asleep? And not just metaphorically, by the way.
I remember laying in my bed to sleep a long time ago, then I blinked and it was day, and I was wide awake..

When I go to sleep I go through stages.
I get really hyper and roll around and flip and stuff. Then I get this stoned feeling.
Then I get light headed. Then everything gets hazy then I start to dream. And come to repeat.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #5659094 - 05/22/06 02:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Quote:

mikeownow said:
I belive it is a change of blood sugar and your brain still booting up after wakeing.

That might be a correct explanation of the chemical level, but is it a true explanation?

Even if your explanation is correct it provides nothing in explaining (or leaving room for) how the awakening is experienced.

I do not know much about the wakeing prossess. But I do know after a long night sleep you fasted for a wile wich is why break fast is called that. You break the fast. So untill you eat ur like a crazy person =P so to speek but you get used to the instable mind and controll it however you are much much more testy and easly agrovated.

Anyway I have no clue what the hell I am talking about anymore.. shit

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5729591 - 06/09/06 03:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thus the beginning of a new era (fractal-spiral) erupted.

From the very depths of mind and matter, the notion of unity of separation appeared as clear as day. The progress of waking up discovered itself. The process of waking up, was pinged.

The self responded by throwing into the void 'the' new concept of karmic satisfaction. Life as a God amongst many was discarded for the idea of plural oneness.

The void reflected the feeling of desolation and confusion, as the self tries to scrutinize the abhorrence of clear empty space.

The self recognizes the all to ordinary, run-of-the-mill astonishment for the deliberately unforeseen recognition of recognition. The panic is almost able to entice itself and disappear, but the age-old error of believing and being convinced of being born yesterday ... of being at all ... magnetized itself and manifested as a personification of itself - as panic.

Panic almost fled, but it didn't believe that it feared - so in fear of losing itself, it lost the departion of itself.

And so it was, that the ever so bona fide face of terror started its revolution, to come to the next revelation of revealing the way it reveals what never can be seen. The non-existing existence, the gigantic concept of eternally small waves, fractals and measuring devices - spun itself into view of the bright, blue and shimmering 3 eyed monster of reality.

I think.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlinesoma_seeker
Stranger in aStrange Land
 User Gallery

Loc: Down under
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: slaphappy]
    #5729700 - 06/09/06 05:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I can relate to your description of stages Mike.

One experience in particular i had that will stay with me for a long time was trying to get to sleep after about 10hrs tripping on LSD. It was kind of like when you were a little kid on christmas eve, thinking to yourself all i have to do is FALL ASLEEP and i wont notice time pass and suddenly it will be morning! Well i followed this way of thinking for a while, consciously trying to not consciously think of anything (terrbile thing to get into), and i eventually got to the point where i was visualizing my mind change it's state of consciousness. It was as if i could see the neural networks my thought processes were firing along, which looked a bit like when the phone booth goes haywire spiralling through time in 'bill and ted's excellent adventure'. This ultimately didn't put me to sleep as it was far too intriguing to ignore and i think i finally passed out from mental fatigue.

Anyway, was a crazy trip and i thought it might be at least remotely relevant.

--------------------
Taking a psychedelic is analogous to life, if you dwell on reaching the end you'll never enjoy the trip!

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: soma_seeker]
    #5729927 - 06/09/06 07:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Soma_seeker ...

Did you see me in there?

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

Re:‹^›‹(o¿o)›‹^› [Re: slaphappy]
    #5729946 - 06/09/06 07:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Gomp said:
"One became many...
Many became one...

This went on and on, and on, and on and on, and on and on... ... ...

Then came the notion.. "One become many, many become one, AS MANY!" ..
Thus merging, the many, AS the one..

I kind of think that notion, felt like waking up, ...""

thums up Gomp..

I have a problem with "1". Why not begin with "none"

1+1 ='s 2

but

0+0 ='s 0

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: slaphappy]
    #5730411 - 06/09/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:
Thus the beginning of a new era (fractal-spiral) erupted.

From the very depths of mind and matter, the notion of unity of separation appeared as clear as day. The progress of waking up discovered itself. The process of waking up, was pinged.

The self responded by throwing into the void 'the' new concept of karmic satisfaction. Life as a God amongst many was discarded for the idea of plural oneness.

The void reflected the feeling of desolation and confusion, as the self tries to scrutinize the abhorrence of clear empty space.

The self recognizes the all to ordinary, run-of-the-mill astonishment for the deliberately unforeseen recognition of recognition. The panic is almost able to entice itself and disappear, but the age-old error of believing and being convinced of being born yesterday ... of being at all ... magnetized itself and manifested as a personification of itself - as panic.

Panic almost fled, but it didn't believe that it feared - so in fear of losing itself, it lost the departion of itself.

And so it was, that the ever so bona fide face of terror started its revolution, to come to the next revelation of revealing the way it reveals what never can be seen. The non-existing existence, the gigantic concept of eternally small waves, fractals and measuring devices - spun itself into view of the bright, blue and shimmering 3 eyed monster of reality.

I think.

This post is excellent in my mind. It's a rock on a roll.

And I agree with Schwammel. As Frog would say; "zero-point field".

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: exclusive58]
    #5743039 - 06/12/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I once took mushrooms and hiked up a tall rock formation in the desert.  A light summer rain had started to fall, and upon reaching the top, I sat and meditated for a while.  The meditation periods felt very much like dreams to me, and there was a definitive *break* in my perception when I'd come out of them--a break just as palpable as waking up in the morning. 

The rest of the trip, just wandering around the desert and loving the plants and insects, I felt entirely like I was dreaming, and felt the possibility and imminence of an "awakening."  I didn't experience the awakening itself--just felt the conditionality of "all this" and the possibility of wider view, I guess :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract